Go To Main TNBC Website

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

lump after 2years?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
emma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: lump after 2years?
    Posted: Feb 11 2010 at 5:37am
Hi there i have been to this site before but have not been on in a long time. My name is Emma and i am now 31. At 28 i was diagnosed with TNBC i had 3cm lump removed and my lymph nodes. Recently i have felt a lump right beside where i had last lump removed which i have never felt before could this be to do with scar tissue or should i be worried? I have two young children and dont think i could cope going through all the treatment again! I no it sounds selfish but as you all know its such hard work and makes me think that if it is cancer why would it work again if it did not work the first time! Any advice would be grateful. Thanks.
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2010 at 7:42am
Emma,

It's hard to say if it's just scar tissue, infection or maybe local recurrence.  I know your anxiety level is pretty high right now.  Please stay calm until you can talk to your onc and get it checked out.  Please keep us posted on how you're doing and what you find out.
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

MaryinSarasota View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaryinSarasota Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2010 at 9:15am
Hi Emma,

Yes, it is hard not to worry about every new lump. It is possible this is scar tissue but you won't feel better until you see your doc and get it looked at. My latest was under my breast where the underwire hits if you wear one, which I don't. She said it was still scar tissue. It made me feel better about this last one but we all worry just the same.

Write and let us know. We are going to wonder too.

Mary
53 @ Dx 5/08 Stage 1, grade 3, IDC 1.6 cm, 0 nodes, TNBC, lumpectomy, chemo TAC-6, radiation-34 12/18/08
NED-10/09, PBM w/TE recon. 7/10, removal of TE/infec 8/10. CT chest. Rec fat-graft & stem cells
TNBC_in_NS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TNBC_in_NS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2010 at 9:53am

Hi Emma:

Recurrence is something that always is the back of our minds no matter how far out of tx we are! You are not alone!! This site is here to support you through all the ups and downs that come with a diagnosis of "c". 

We do have other forums who are called the "False Alarm Queens" They all have found something or another and have been worried out of their minds and were found to be fine.  We sometimes find that the "itis" families have moved in on our systems, i.e. arthritis or some form of itis. So say some prayers as we will for you too! Keep your mind busy until you see your physician again and go from there. 
God Bless, Big Hugs from your TN Family Hug  Helen in NS
Diag@57TNBC04/092.5cm Lquad 05/09 TCx4Radsx30CT03/01/10 FU03/31/10ClearBRCA- 01/2011 RTNBC BMX 06/14/2011~2013 clear
emma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2010 at 11:08am

Hi again just want to say thankyou to your helpful replies! Donna you are right I am feeling very anxious. I started having panic attacks inbetween finishing my chemo and starting my radiotherapy and feel like I am going down that road again mainly because if it is bad new and it is cancer I will feel like I wont be there for my kids. I have my yearly mammogram on 26th so hopefully all will become clear its just the waiting!

Maryin can i ask you if you felt the scar tissue change and get bigger as i first felt mine in november and it seems to have changed and got bigger. I dont usually think the worst i didnt when i found my first lump but this time i cant help it.

Helen you are right that we always think of reaccurence and i think sometimes we can read too much but coming here on to this site is totally different and i am so glad to have come back and plan to keep coming back!

thanks again for all your support

emma
TNBC_in_NS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TNBC_in_NS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2010 at 11:26am
Emma:
You are doing all you can to continue your journey of life! Keep positive and know that there is a higher power than us who knows the answers and we have to find a positive way to experience the ups and downs.  It is how we handle things that counts the most.  I started to get the panic attacks and thought I was having a heart attack! It is still there but I talk myself out of it and then I am fine. 

Each day is a new beginning whether we have cancer or not and we must make the most of it no matter what!  I started to get out in the public last week and maybe over did it a bit.  My WBC's are still low and I thought if I got out it might bump them up a bit.  I ended up with this awful cold and sinus pain.  I guess I have cloistered myself so much due to the H1N1 flu pandemic that my immune system is going to take as much time to go back to normal.  I am not sorry I went out, I enjoyed my time! It probably would have happened down the road but today I am sitting back writing to you so my day is still good! You see, it doesnt' take much to make us happy when we realize what is important! Be good to yourself and the rest will take care of itself!

Join us on our spiritual forum and add your fears and loves, and wants to our site!
God Bless, Hugs from Helen in NS Hug
Diag@57TNBC04/092.5cm Lquad 05/09 TCx4Radsx30CT03/01/10 FU03/31/10ClearBRCA- 01/2011 RTNBC BMX 06/14/2011~2013 clear
MaryinSarasota View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaryinSarasota Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2010 at 11:29am
Hi again Emma,

My scar tissue changes all the time. Where I had the lumpectomy it got larger and most of that was seroma or fluid. The doc took that out last time I was there. Still hurts. My right side (not the surgical side) has scar tissue there too. The technologist at the mammo center said we all have some sort of tissue but never really noticed it before. I had a MRI, a mammo and ultrasound and still get freaked out about every bump. By all means, see your doc or at least call. You will feel much better.

We are here to support each other.
Mary in Sarasota
53 @ Dx 5/08 Stage 1, grade 3, IDC 1.6 cm, 0 nodes, TNBC, lumpectomy, chemo TAC-6, radiation-34 12/18/08
NED-10/09, PBM w/TE recon. 7/10, removal of TE/infec 8/10. CT chest. Rec fat-graft & stem cells
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic