Go To Main TNBC Website

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lower Back Pain

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
nmunoz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nmunoz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2011 at 2:34pm
I had a bone density test in August 2009. My oncologist will do another one at the end of the Zometa treatment (which be August 2012). He doesn't like scans or exposing patients to any unwanted radiation and since my osteopenia case is borderline he is not very concerned at this point. He also thinks that beyond helping the bones it should also help prevent recurrence despite the recent results of the studies showing that Zometa apparently is not that helpful for premenopausal women like me. He once told me he had studied the way it works and the results of various studies and he thought it could help anyways and since I've had no issues with it so far he wants me to finish the treatment.

Best,

Natalia
Natalia, 38 years

Dx TNBC 10/22/08, BRCA1+

Double Mx 11/20/08 with Recon.

3/37 nodes

Rads 7 weeks done 8/09

ACx4 every 2 weeks and Tx12 weeks. Avastin e/3 weeksx10 (Clinical Trial) Done Dec/09
tasoula_s View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tasoula_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2011 at 9:43am
Natalia, my mum's oncologist also believes for Zometa's anticancer activity so she will proceed with this.
The thing that makes me worry is one of its side effects of renal toxicity.
Her system now is very good, her blood tests shows that everything is excellent ands she's afraid that zometa might cause any problem with its toxicity.
How many times per year do you have blood tests?

nmunoz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nmunoz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2011 at 1:41pm
I am seeing my oncologist twice a year now (he moved me up to every six months last June) and every time he sees me he orders a bunch of tests including full metabolic panel, vitamin D levels, cancer markers, etc. I also get bloodwork done a week before I have the Zometa infusions and one of the things they look for is renal function. This past year I saw the oncologist 3 times and had two Zometa infusions so I had blood tests 5 times. So far everything is normal.

One thing the nurses also tell me is to drink lots of fluids the day of the infusion (before, during and after). May be this helps the kidneys too.

Best,

Natalia
Natalia, 38 years

Dx TNBC 10/22/08, BRCA1+

Double Mx 11/20/08 with Recon.

3/37 nodes

Rads 7 weeks done 8/09

ACx4 every 2 weeks and Tx12 weeks. Avastin e/3 weeksx10 (Clinical Trial) Done Dec/09
ricky65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricky65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2018 at 11:26pm
Lower back pain may be caused due to various reasons such as wrong sleeping and wrong sitting posture, using the bad mattress, irregular exercise, overweight, smoking, carry the heavy object, injury, slouching, hunching etc. A good spine mattress and lumber support recliner chair can relieve your lower back pain. In this case, you should contact the doctor and get better advice.

Edited by ricky65 - Yesterday at 12:08pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic