FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

lovely to have found the forum

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Plume View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plume Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: lovely to have found the forum
    Posted: Jul 26 2018 at 10:06am
Having had a good look around the forum, I am now ready to join in the conversation!  So, just a brief introduction:
I about to have the first anniversary of my operation and here I am, almost as good as new.  Now aged 69, I have lived in France for about 11 years, having come here from Britain.  If you notice anything "odd" about some of my expressions, I apologise in advance.  But, don't worry about that, I can understand American English OK most of the time!
My cancer code is pT1cN0(gs)...I think gs simply means ganglions which is the word the French use for nodes
It was an incredible occurrence when, from always being very healthy albeit with long-term asthma, I found a lump in my left breast and was diagnosed with TNBC.  It was hard to believe because I had none of the predisposing factors:  no family history of cancer, not overweight, ultra healthy diet, exercise several hours every week and from an ethnic group that is only lower than Innuit women to get this cancer!  Also, my age was not typical of someone with TNBC; I was 67 when diagnosed.
Have had all conventional treatment, being lucky enough to live near a Centre of Excellence and in a country where a large proportion of the costs are borne by the state and health insurance.  So, operation, chemo, rads, physio for scar, port removed at my request and just passed my first year check-ups......all done and dusted and all fine for the moment
I have read some very interesting articles and posts on the forum and I hope that I will be able to join in in a constructive way whenever I can.
Thank you for reading.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic