Author
hayleyd View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
TNBC Foundation Board Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lori Jasperse Redmer
    Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 9:13am
Dear TNBC Family,

I am so sorry to have to share this news with you. On Saturday morning, our former executive director Lori Redmer lost her valiant battle with triple negative breast cancer. As many of you know, Lori stepped down from her role at TNBC Foundation to focus on her health after learning that her cancer had recurred.   Lori inspired so many of us with her incredible work ethic, strength, resilience and passion for life. All of us at TNBC Foundation – our board, staff, scientific advisors and many volunteers – are absolutely heartbroken.

Lori came to our foundation with tremendous positive energy and a strong will to help our community. She worked tirelessly on behalf of the many families living with TNBC, bringing fresh perspective to our organization while raising funds for TNBC-specific research initiatives and innovative programs. Lori was particularly proud of two such programs: the UnCommon Knowledge audience-driven webinar series and TNBC Awareness Day. These are both wonderful programs which serve to educate, raise awareness of TNBC and bring our community together. We will continue to nurture and grow these programs in honor of Lori and for the benefit of our TNBC family.

I know that the past few months have been especially difficult for our community. We have seen too many women lose their battle with triple negative breast cancer. Each loss is a painful reminder of the work that remains to be done. Each loss strengthens our resolve and commitment to our mission. This year, TNBC Foundation is upping its investment in research. We are also launching new programs and initiatives to further support the many families living with TNBC. I look forward to updating you about all these efforts in the near future.

When she first joined TNBC Foundation, Lori posted her favorite quote as part of her first message to our online community: “Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle.” She wrote, “This sums it up so well; TNBCF will fight for targeted therapies, and we will also be kind to those on the path. Together, we can change what we know about this disease, how we treat it, and help so many along the way.” This is as true today as it was when Lori first joined us.

Hayley Dinerman
TNBC Foundation
Genie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 9:18am
Thank you Hayley for sharing this about Lori. I hate that we are losing any of our TN sisters! Praying that God will comfort her family in this time of loss.

Hugs,
Genie
DX 3/10/08 at age 67, IDC. Stage 1, Grade 3, 1.5 cm.
KI-67 99% at MX . Bilateral mastectomy 4/1/08 Node-, BRCA 1/2-,BARD1+, TX:Cytoxan/Taxotere x4,3 in family with TNBC
123Donna View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 10:54am
Hayley,

Thank you for letting us know.  I remember talking with Lori about the TNBC Awareness project.  She was so energetic and inspiring.  I hate that another beautiful life is lost to this horrible disease.  With research, I hope we can find a cure soon.

Hugs,
Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

mainsailset View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 11:11am
Lori gave, inspired and doggedly found a path during her too brief stay in this life more than most of us can even imagine. This Tneg family has much to be proud of in the grace of its members. The Foundation is not all that old, but considering that its founders and leaders started from scratch and managed to spread the word about what just a few years ago was viewed as an orphan designation that didn't merit front page status, to what we have today of growing interest, research and world wide attention, is an achievement that is beyond measure. For Lori's part there is much to be proud of. She was a doer and we are all better off for her passing through our lives.
dx 7/08 TN 14x6.5x5.5 cm tumor

3 Lymph nodes involved, Taxol/Sunitab+AC, 5/09 dbl masectomy, path 2mm tumor removed, lymphs all clear, RAD 32 finished 9/11/09. 9/28 CT clear 10/18/10 CT clear
weekender09 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 11:21am
Prayers and thoughts for Lori's journey beyond. 
02/12/13 DX TNBC, Grade III, Stage 3, 3.3cm tumor, IMN and 1 lymph Positive, Chemo A/C T complete 6/13
BRCA1-/BRCA2+ Variance, BIL 7/13, 33 RADS complete 10/13 Remssion :)
TriplePositiveGirl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 5:14pm
Very sorry to hear this news. My condolences to her family and friends. 

Dear Lori, rest in peace.

Lisa
Diagnosed Jan 2010; Stage IIa, grade 2, 3.2cm in rt. breast, no nodes and BRCA-. 4 cycles Carbo/Gemzar 3/10; Lump 6/10; 2 cycles carbo/gem after surgery 8/10; 35 Rads finished 12/1/10. NED.
Melissa P. View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 6:25pm
So very sorry for our loss of Lori Redmer, such sadness for all of us in our TNBC family.
Love and hugs go out to you all.  Heart Melissa

Triple Negative Breast Cancer Community Remembers Lori Redmer

Great sadness and shock has touched us today in our TNBC community as former Triple Negative Breast Cancer Foundation (TNBCF),  Executive Director, Lori Redmer lost her battle to this very disease on Saturday, August 17, 2013. I truly admired and respected Lori for her role at TNBCF for her strength and energy she had put into in support of TNBC Awareness and Fundraising for research in hope of finding our targeted therapy.  I knew Lori Redner had stepped down from TNBCF last fall after she was diagnosed with TNBC rec
urrence. I had spoke briefly with Lori Redmer during days leading up to Inaugural TNBC Awareness Day, 3.13.2013 as she encouraged me to represent Ohio with an online fundraising TNBC Day campaign raising $605 for the foundation.   I was honored that Lori Redmer had personally made a generous donation to my fundraising page, "In Honor of TNBC patients everywhere!" Lori had our hearts as we he had hers. God bless her, her family and all of us affected by Triple Negative Breast Cancer. Please consider a donation to the TNBCF in Lori Redmer's name Thank you, Melissa Paskvan.

Click link to make a donation to the TNBC Foundation:
https://tnbcfoundation.thankyou4caring.org/pages/donation-page---tribute-gifts

(Click to obituary)

Edited by Melissa P. - Aug 19 2013 at 6:27pm
"Hope for more Tomorrows"
TNBC dx August 2009, Age 41, Stage 2, 2cm, 0 nodes Lumpectomy/ACx4,Taxolx4/33rads
Triple Negative Breast Cancer, "I Won't Back Down!"
mlsspaskvan.blogspot.com
dmwolf View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 6:41pm
So sorry to hear that the beast claimed yet another lovely woman, especially one who had such a big place in the TNBCF community's heart.    We must find a cure.
DX 2/08@43 stg II IDC; gr2,0 nodes. Neoadj chemo, first ACx2 (fail) then CarboTaxotereX6(better). Lump, Rads done 11/08; Clodronate. False alarm queen: PetCT lung & TM marker. NED. PBM w/recon 9/10.
arabella View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 7:21pm
So sorry to read of Lori's death.  I didn't know her, but am very grateful for all her hard work and effort on behalf of the TNBCF.  

My condolences to her family and friends,
Kaye
Dx TNBC 1/2013; age 63; 1.1 cm; Stage 1, Grade 1(?); lumpectomy clear margins; ALND -; severe SEs to first TC and treatment stopped; radsX25; BRCA -
Recur 6/2015 Mastectomy
dawncoskren View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 7:33pm
I'm so sorry. I will pray for her and her family.
DX 6/14/13 TNBC-IDC
7/15 BRCA 1 Positive
7/16 double mastectomy
7/23 Post surgery Pathology- Stage1,tumor 2cm nodes clr.
8/16/13 4 A/c and 4 Taxol
1/6/14 implants
3/13/14 ovaries and tubes removed
barbaraanne View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 8:14pm
So sorry to hear this news. I didn't know her personally but as a TNBC patient also I find this website and her commitment to bring awareness of this aggressive beast comforting. My condolences to her family & friends..May she rest in peace..
Lillie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 8:46pm
I am so sorry to hear of Lori's death.  Sympathy to her husband, children and extended family.  Upon reading her obituary, I have to wonder why God takes some of the brightest and best at such early ages.   I believe that maybe God uses these situations to help us want to go where she resides now. 

God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED
debB View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 10:51pm
I am so saddened to hear of Lori's passing. The wonderful work she did on the behalf of all of us will be remembered always. My heartfelt condolences to her lovely family.

Deb
Dx 4/29/11, 46 yrs old, 3.9 cm tumor, Stg 2 Grade 3 chemo 4 rounds DD AC, 12 weekly taxol, finish. Lumpectomy, 2mm residual tumor. 37 rounds rads completed. Cisplatin/PARP trial
SagePatientAdvocates View Drop Down
Senior Advisor
Senior Advisor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 11:03pm
Dear Hayley,

Thank you for informing us. I, too, am sending my heartfelt condolences to her family.

What constantly amazes me is the generosity of spirit and selflessness that so many women here display despite the fact that they are fighting this awful disease. I have seen women literally post two hours after a mastectomy or during their first chemo.....sometimes hoping for support (which always comes) but also, at times, to encourage others that "I can do this, so can you."

I saw my friend Harbin when she could barely talk, on the phone with a friend who was very concerned about her issues and I don't even think asked Harbin how she was doing but it didn't matter to Harbin because her sole agenda was helping her friend.

Lori deeply cared about all of us. The longest, wide ranging, conversation I had with Lori was at a breast cancer conference and she was already battling her recurrence. I was so impressed with her dedication to our TNBC family in the face of her own struggle. 

We are a family and remarkably TNBC Foundation, our Medical Advisory Board and the marvelous folks who populate this forum have shown grace and strength under fire..as Hayley eloquently put it 

Each loss strengthens our resolve and commitment to our mission.

Rest in peace, dear Lori. Thank you for your valiant efforts on behalf of our community.

Warmly,

Steve
I am a BRCA1+ grandson, son and father of women affected by breast/oc-my daughter inherited mutation from me, and at 36, was dx 2004 TNBC I am a volunteer patient advocate with SAGE Patient Advocates
denise07 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 11:51pm
I am very saddened to hear of Lori's passing I didn't know her but i will always remain great for all the hard work she has done for tnbc foudation. I will pray for her and her family.
Steve, please take care of yourself and thank you.
Denise
DX Idc 10/07,st2,gr3,2/6 lymphnodes
Grateful for today View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 12:51am
To Lori's Family and Friends and our TNBC family,

The deepest sympathy to all on our very great loss.
May Lori's incredible energy, strength, resilience and kindness surround us now and always.

Grateful for today..............Judy

=======================================================

Lori,

Continue to share with us your energy and strength from your place in Eternal Love and Peace.
Gratitude for all you have done for the TNBC Community and for all you have taught us by your life.

Grateful for today...........Judy
sue View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 11:32am
So sorry to hear of the loss of Lori. My thoughts and prayers go out to her loved ones. She truly fought valiantly to better the lives of all with tnbc and will be greatly missed and fondly remembered.

Love and Peace, Sue
Dx 7/10, age 53. TNBC left breast, stage I, grade 3, IDC 0.5 cm, DCI 2.5 cm, 0/8 lymph nodes neg. BRCA-. T/C x4 finished 2/09/11, rads x34 finished 4/21/11.          
CAfree12 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 2:48pm
I haven't been on the website in awhile but wanted to respond to the news that TNBC has lost a leader.  I know what it takes to start a movement and to keep the organization's goals and purpose in focus as others join in and get involved. I am thankful for such a great and realiable resource, not only for myself but for my patients.  Prayers for this family.
Diagnosed Oct 2011 @ age 53, Stage 1c, grade 3, 1.5Cm, neg nodes;double mastectomy with TE, dose dense AC+Taxol; BRCA neg; treatments finished April 2012
nonna1642 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2013 at 11:29pm
So sorry to hear this news.  My prayers & co0ndoloncences go out to her family & friends.

nonna1642
Dx: age 70 IDC TNBC Grade 3 5/10 left mastectomy Stage IIB 5.1 cm no reconstruction followed by chemo of Taxotore & Cytoxin then radiation
RevKitten View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2013 at 9:29pm
Wow...did not know her but my heart goes out to the family and love ones
TNBC/ICD/Stage IIA/Lumpectomy 8/15
Grade 3/T2(2.4cm)/Node 0/Metastasis MX/ Start Chemo 9/17 Taxotere + Cytoxan every 3 weeks x 4 cycles
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic