FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Living Well With/Beyond Breast Cancer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SagePatientAdvocates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SagePatientAdvocates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Living Well With/Beyond Breast Cancer
    Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 12:19pm
Dear all,

One of the true joys in my life is a friendship I have with a marvelous woman, Kathryn Gail Bailey, at the Stanford Cancer Center. Kathryn (she is one of the organizers) recently, called my attention, to a wonderful event to be held August 16th at the Stanford Medical Center in Palo Alto, California. I think it will be a marvelous event and a good way for you to be informed about many of Stanford's classes for breast cancer survivors.

I strongly encourage anyone who is in the area to come. I am going to try my best to make it and would love to say hi. I am 6'3" with poor posture, a full white beard and a good heart and would be delighted to say hello. Please just come over.

All the details for registration etc. are in this link..check in is at 10 a.m. and the event is from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. 

From the above link

Connect. Learn. Share. Grow.

Learn how community organizations and Stanford services canhelp you live a healthy life, and research health topics with Stanfordhealth librarians. Ask the Experts about common survivorship

issues: nutrition, changes in energy, living with uncertainty and cancer in the family. 

Enjoy live music, FREE 15 minute reiki and chair massage, yoga, a kid’s corner with face painting, lunch,and much more.

What I particularly like about Stanford's efforts in events like this is that there is no requirement that you be a Stanford patient. It is open to all and it is free. Just an effort on their part to help women with/or have had breast cancer,  live a bit better.

with my love to all,

Steve

p.s. this post is about the event, not my friend Kathryn. But I wanted to add a few more letters after her name..and that is BH...as in Beautiful Heart. If anyone would like to meet Kathryn I would be honored to introduce you to her. She is truly a remarkable lady and I am delighted that we are friends.

Kathryn Gail Bailey, RN, OCN, MSN, MBA, CNML

Administrative Director – Cancer Care Programs – Stanford Hospital and Clinics

Edited by steve - Aug 15 2014 at 12:58am
I am a BRCA1+ grandson, son and father of women affected by breast/oc-my daughter inherited mutation from me, and at 36, was dx 2004 TNBC I am a volunteer patient advocate with SAGE Patient Advocates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SagePatientAdvocates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2014 at 1:06am
I spoke to Kathryn Gail Bailey this afternoon and she told me they she and her colleagues have been working "night and day" on this event and I think it will be really special.

Dr. George Sledge who is one of the country's leading TNBC experts and is head of oncology at Stanford will be speaking on Living with and Beyond Breast Cancer. Dr. Sledge sits on TNBC Foundation's Medical Advisory Board and he is a marvelous oncologist and a very fine man.

http://stanfordhealthcare.org/content/dam/SHC/events/living-well-beyond-cancer/docs/living-well-agenda.pdf

I should be there around 10 a.m. and would love to say hi to everyone. There is a map in the link.

warmly,

Steve

p.s. sorry with my cut and pasting the program order is a bit skewed.

Living Well With and Beyond Cancer

Saturday, August 16, 2014

10:00 am

Participant Check-in Starts

Welcome Tents

10:00 am – 3:00 pm

Exhibit Tables Open

Main Tent

11:30 am

Welcome Remarks

Main Tent Stage

Amir Rubin, CEO, Stanford Health Care Beverly Mitchell, MD, Director of Stanford

Cancer Institute

Dr Jonathon Berek, MD, MMS, Laurie Krause Lacob Professor & Director, Stanford Women’s Cancer Center

11:00 am – 3:00 pm

Reiki Session

Reiki Tent

Yoga – 12 pm, 1 pm, 2 pm

Yoga Tent

Chair Massage

Massage Tent

Live Music

Music Stage

Kids Program & Face Painting

Kids Zone

Express Yourself Graffiti Wall

Lawn

12:00 – 1:30 pm

Box Lunch

Main Tent

1:00 pm

Raffle Drawing

Main Tent

2:00 pm

Raffle Drawing

Main Tent

3:00 pm

Raffle Drawing

Main Tent

Planning Committee

Kathryn Gail Bailey Bev Anderson Martha Cruz Lynn Daugherty Sonni Doran Raquel Evangelista Holly Gautier Donna Healy

11:00 am – 3:00 pm

Ask the Expert

Ask Expert Tent

11:00 am

Nutrition

Alison Ryan, MS, RD

12:00 pm

Rx: Exercise Moving Through Cancer

Kelly Bugos Gillian Kumagai Pam Priest Naeve Erin Reeser Alicia Sprecher Jennifer Wachter Bryant Wong

Jayne Mordell and Kelli Event Managers, Corporate Concepts www.corporateconcepts.com

Administration

Kathryn Gail Bailey

Director, Stanford Cancer Care Program kbailey@stanfordmed.org 650.723.4632

Kelly Bugos

Manager, Stanford Cancer Survivorship Program kbugos@stanfordmed.org 650.724.5235

Special thanks to Sridhar Seshardi, Vice President, Stanford Cancer Center

Tonnesen

Regan Fedric, ACSM-CET

12:30 pm

Life During and After Treatment of Ovarian, Endometrial and Cervical Cancer Oliver Dorigo, MD

1:00 pm

Living With Uncertainty

David Spiegel, MD

1:30 pm

Living With and Beyond Breast Cancer

George Sledge, MD

2:00 pm

Cancer in the Family

Nicolette Chun, MS, CGC

2:30 pm

Lessons Learned

Ralph Greco, MD

Edited by steve - Aug 15 2014 at 1:09am
I am a BRCA1+ grandson, son and father of women affected by breast/oc-my daughter inherited mutation from me, and at 36, was dx 2004 TNBC I am a volunteer patient advocate with SAGE Patient Advocates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SagePatientAdvocates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2014 at 1:33am

Stanford University Medical Center
Alumni Lawn at the Li Ka Shing Center 
291 Campus Drive
Stanford, CA 94305

Directions:

From Highway 280 to Parking Structure #1 (345 Campus Drive, Stanford, CA):

• Exit Sand Hill Road, 2.9 miles
  • Right on Stockfarm Road
  • Left on Campus Drive
  • Parking Garage at Campus Drive and Roth Way (on right)

From Highway 101 to Parking Structure #1 (345 Campus Drive, Stanford, CA):

• Exit University Avenue, West
  • Follow University Avenue approximately 1.4 miles
  • University Avenue turns into Palm Drive upon entrance to Stanford campus
  • Right on Campus Drive
  • Parking Garage at Campus Drive and Roth Way (on left)

From Parking Garage cross Campus Drive and follow signs to Li Ka Shing Center, Alumni Lawn, 291 Campus Drive.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic