Go To Main TNBC Website

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Late Effects Survivor of 16+ Years - Event Date: Mar 15 2018

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lorene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lorene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Late Effects Survivor of 16+ Years
    Posted: Mar 15 2018 at 3:37pm
Hello Everyone,
I haven't been on the Forum in some time, but the Good News is I've done wonderfully for 16+ years since breast cancer with no recurrence!Big smile  I am due for some heart function tests, however, because of a recent routine EKG abnormality and am concerned about the chemo & radiation I had in 2001 and its possible effect.  Have any of you survivors experienced late-effect heart problems?  I'd like to hear any of your experiences.   I'm 76 Yrs old.

Lorene
dx10/01@age59,IDC TNBC, St.IIB,Gr3,2.5cm,3+nodes, epirubicin,5FU,cytoxan,33Rads,No recurrence, 2018
Kellyless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellyless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2018 at 9:41am
I was told by my doctors when I was diagnosed with a recurrence after 8 years that if I had suffered heart damage from my chemo the first time it would be shown up right away. I'm sorry, but they didn't elaborate beyond that - they just were not concerned with it at all going into treatment a second time (I was! That's why I asked) I hope it's just an anomaly of no consequence.
IDC, 2.2 cm, Stage IIb,lumpectomy 1/30/09 ACx4,Tx4 36 rads
6/1/17 Local recurrence same breast, same spot 1.8cm Carb.4x every 3 wks, Taxol 12x once wk. Dbl Mast. PCR!! Reconstruction fail, NED!
Lorene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lorene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2018 at 11:44am
Thank you so much, Kellyless.  My prayers you are doing well since your last treatment.  That's encouraging words that heart damage would show up right away if there was any.  I'm also concerned about the high radiation in the test recommended for me, not wanting to add more to what I've already had, but haven't known how to deal with that yet.  My Best to you on your Health journey!

Lorene
dx10/01@age59,IDC TNBC, St.IIB,Gr3,2.5cm,3+nodes, epirubicin,5FU,cytoxan,33Rads,No recurrence, 2018
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic