FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Just Taxol Anyone?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ivygreen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ivygreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just Taxol Anyone?
    Posted: Apr 06 2011 at 7:25pm
Hi I am new to the site and was hoping to get a question answered.
I was wondering if anyone just had Taxol treatment recommended for their Chemo? I had a very small tumor with negative nodes and masectomy. My onco recommended taxol 1x a week for 12 weeks.
trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2011 at 7:54pm
Hello and welcome.

I personally did have Taxol but along with Adriamycin and Cytoxan.  I have heard of having Taxol once a week.  This may be easier on a person than spreading treatments out further.

Hopefully someone will come along soon and help.  I would suggest you post your question in the "Talk" section where more will see what you are asking.

Near the top left it says Forum home or TNBC forums, you can click on either of those and scroll down to see the "Talk" section.  Hope that helps.

Have you considered a second opinion and also has your Oncologist discussed with you about being tested for a brca 1/2 mutaton?  Any history?
Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+
ivygreen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ivygreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2011 at 9:29pm
Hi Pam,

Thanks for your response. Yes, I have brca 2 mutation.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic