Go To Main TNBC Website

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jumping In...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Leeza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leeza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jumping In...
    Posted: Jun 06 2012 at 7:16am
Hello! I've been lurking for a long time and figured it was time to jump in with both feet. I was a little leary after having a person on another board tell me my risk was no higher than others and I was just suffering from the same fear of recurrence as any other breast cancer patient. Hmmmmm...I guess she knew more than my Onc and the 2 other Oncs I've seen. Lol...(my particular BRCA I mutation has an 80% risk of recurrence with a 40-50 % chance of OVCA.)

Anyway, I see lots and lots of ppl here in the same boat I'm in and while I hate others having to go through this, I know I'm not alone.

Thanks for the great board!

DX IDC TNBC 11/10, age 47, stage IIb, grade 3, 2.3 cm, 2 of 9 nodes, KI-67: 93%, BRCA 1+, Lump 11/10, A/C x 4, Taxol x 12, 36 Rads, BSO 1/12 
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2012 at 7:59am
Hi Leeza,

So glad you found us.  You'll find lots of good information on this forum and great support from everyone here.  

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2012 at 9:21pm
Dear Leeza,
Welcome to the group.  We don't want to be in the group, but since we are, we do our best to educate, uplift, sympathize, empathize, 'whatever'....

You are definitely among people who know what you are talking about when you say 'triple negative breast cancer.'   Most people just say, "Triple What"?????  Anyhow, just keep sharing and you will find a lot of people here walking in similar shoes to yours.

God Bless,
Lillie

Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2015-9 yrs NED
TriplePositiveGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TriplePositiveGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2012 at 12:32am
Hi Leeza,

The fear of recurrence is something we ALL share (that really applies to all cancer survivors). I have been especially plagued by fears recently as I am approaching my 2 year mark from the end of my treatment. You are definitely not alone, and there are many supportive and wonderfully inspirational people on this site. This is a great place to ask questions, share feelings or vent about your frustrations or fears. I think you will find it cathartic. 

Hugs,
Lisa
denise07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote denise07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2012 at 1:11am
Leeza,
The fear of reccurence is something I think will always have in the back of our minds, but maybe someday we will get over it. Sorry you have to be here but what ever concern you have we will be here for you.
DX Idc 10/07,st2,gr3,2/6 lymphnodes
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic