FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is triple negative breast cancer curable?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2016 at 6:18pm
If you read page 5 of these posts you will see 2 posts from me.  In one I was a 6 year survivor and the other I was a 7 year survivor.  I am now a 10 year triple negative breast cancer survivor.  I have gone on with my life, living each day as best I can.  I do think I am cured, but I "never say never".   It is not easy going forward after TNBC, but it does get easier with time.   I work part time in the oncology clinic where I received treatment 10 years ago.  I do see cases that really threaten my hope and others that give me all the hope in the world.  I pray for a CURE, soon.

God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED
gordon15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gordon15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2016 at 5:42pm
I think advancements in treating TNBC and those clinics are not available to just everyone. Thus those states/communities that might not have , as an example, PET/CT scan, those women are not getting screened for imaging to show early recurrence.

So, forums like this can explain where the best possible treatment is, ...and how to get there, and how it can be paid-for, the last two are usually a problem.

wife: IDC/Lobular Stage2B 2008 lumpectomy/TAC+rads
TNBC Stage 3A/w/metaplastic/squamous Nov2015 Carboplatin-Gemzar chemo/masectomy Taxolchemo+rads 4-16
PET scan stable 9-2016/ 1-2017
linkinparkfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linkinparkfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2018 at 8:20am
I wanted to add update June 2018, very fortunate to be here! I was dx stage 3 nodes positive in 2009, would later be confirmed around 2013 BRCA1+ thanks to a very kind oncologist believing in my instinct that it was genetic as a National Cancer Hospital genetic center decided I would only be 33% genetic risk but I knew in my heart I was and who I got it from, she believed in me because insurance denied the test! Anyway many ask about the recurrence after 5yrs. Mine did not recur until or I shall say I didn't have my 1st symptom it was back "recurrence" until 5yr 9mo later. The second go at treatment would near take my life with sepsis making me never eligible for treatment again. Hospice called in home care April 2017 around July 2017, I was down to about 2mo's left and being left to suffer due to the strict DEA opioid guidelines, I gave medical marijuana a try..Amazing! It has given me near a year. At current time I am sleeping a lot, now getting random fevers - not a turn for the better, getting ready to go in to oncology....hopefully not the worse, there is always the fear but wanted to share...stay strong never give up and always advocate for yourself. Everyone's journey is different Wink 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic