FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

insulin potentiation therapy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Candis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Candis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: insulin potentiation therapy
    Posted: Nov 04 2009 at 8:39pm
Anyone ever hear of this form of therapy?  I had it May thru August, it reduced my tumor size from  17 cm to 3 cm and no side effects!  However, surgery still not an option because it is tethered to my chest wall.  Insurance issues and max-ed out my credit cards to get this out-of-network, out-of-state therapy.  Now, I am forced to go in-network...my oncologist now is doing the same chemo drug, taxotere and in low doses, given the conventional way.   Promises no side effects.  That is my number 1 priority.   Down side I will be doing it the rest of my life.  

Candis     
Nancy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nancy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2009 at 9:07pm
Dear Candice,

Welcome to the site!

It is my daughter Lori who was dx with TNBC in June of 2007. Yes I have heard/read about insulin potentiation therapy in the book Knockout. Burton Goldberg writes about it, and he published Alternative Medicine: The Definitive Guide. To quote him:

"The theory behind insulin potentiation therapy is that cancer grows on sugar. Insulin is used like a trojan horse to carry chemo or other natural substances into the cancer cells, therby using less toxic amounts with greater efficacy."

May I ask why they say you will be doing this for the rest of your life, especially since you have a diet which is basically the diet which every person dx with diabetes should adhere to? Are you referring to the insulin potentiation therapy only? Did you have the chemosensitivity testing done using blood work? I read in the book that they can give low-dose chemo (as little as 10-20 %) and the therapy (IPT) used in conjunction with full-body hyperthermia. This is your treatment?

We have an alternative "thread" and it is under the "Support Groups". Even though you are taking treatments now,  you had refused treatments 7 years ago, and did well, so perhaps you can also post there as to what you did in Mexico? At this time the Alternative Treatments is somewhat confusing as it is not a forum, and if you don't have vertigo...you sure as heck will develop it from going back and forth to each and every postLOL 

I wish you well on treatments, and the low doses will surely not be as toxic as the ones my daughter had, and she did have Taxotere, but also Adriamycin, and Cytoxan, all 3 every 3 weeks for 6 treatments, and 28 rads. To say they did a number on her body is putting it mildly.

Please post here and on the other thread also? Oh...and may I ask your age? Lori is now 47.
Hugs,
Nancy
Nancy
DD Lori dx TNBC June 13,2007
Lumpectomy due to incorrect dx of a cyst
mastectomy July 6 2007
chemo ACT all 3 every 3 weeks 6 tx Aug-Nov
28 rads ended Jan 2008
Candis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Candis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2009 at 8:56pm
Hi Nancy,

Well here I am again.  Must say I do find the website somewhat confusing...so it is taking some time to figure it out. 

Anyway, the IPT I WAS doing before I got on the conventional bandwagon had me doing 12 treatments then going for surgery.  After surgery I would have been on a "maintenance" plan of monthly IPT for awhile but always I would have been having to do the IPT to keep it from coming back.  There is evidence that cancer does become resistent to chemo and that is a problem with this type of low dose treatment.  However, that is where the Greek test (yes blood test) helped define what treatments would work for the particular cancer I had came in handy; it tells me what drugs, suppliments, etc that worked.  So, it would have meant using other drugs, etc eventually.  All the while keeping on the diet and cleansing...also for the rest of my life.

Anyway I went to see if cyberknife could take out the reduced tumor but was told no, still too big, keep doing what I was doing.  However,  as I said before, because of insurance issues I have been forced to go conventional, in-net-work, in-state.  Luckily, the new oncologist that is treating me is going along with the low dose....hence I am not having any side effects.  He also said it would help keep it from spreading since cancer is always putting out cells thus it is reducting the size of the tumor but I am not sure as yet if it acts as quickly as the IPT.  I have had only 4 treatments of the mew method chemo and it is getting smaller but rather the reduction will be as dramatic I do not know.  I do fast before treatment as I did when doing the IPT, I ask the oncologist about fasting and he said he didn't know....this is were I listen to my heart and follow my simple logic and do get good results.

I am 59 years old, was diagnosed at 52. 

Hey, how do I get the signature info at the bottom of my name...I noticed that but do not know how to get it applied to my signature.

Thanks,
Candis
Carol (Tenn) View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carol (Tenn) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2009 at 6:27am
Candis,
Welcome...
To get your signature, go to Member Control Panel, then Edit Profile...down at the bottom of the page is a place to type in you DX. Hope this helps.
Carol
St 2 Gr 3, A/C/T, DD
Radiation x35
Rec chest wall 07/09
Radiation x28
NED 10/24/11
NED 10/5/12
NED 03/15/13
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic