Go To Main TNBC Website

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hope and Joy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MayMay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote MayMay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hope and Joy
    Posted: Oct 10 2016 at 8:58pm
My 9 year diagnosis anniversary is tomorrow.. October 11th! I had 2 tumors right breast and at least 4 nodes positive. I had 4 months of chemo and afterwards double mastectomies and then radiation to my entire left chest wall. I have had multiple reconstruction surgeries. I came back to this site because I remember 9 year ago being SO scared by what I read and at that time there just weren't very many women saying "I am a long term survivor" I began reading this thread and just thought maybe I should tell anyone that's out there that that there is hope! I am healthy and happy and living life to the fullest. There is light at the end of this long dark tunnel! I remember how I thought "I'll never feel good again" but guess what.... You will! I am 38 years old and was 29 when diagnosed! I had 1 year old twin boys and now they are 10my daughters were 10 and 13 at the time now they are both all grown up. I am feeling incredibly thankful to God tonight because not only is tomorrow the day I was diagnosed but God saw fit to bless me with my very first grandchild tomorrow!! Yes 9 years to the very day that I prayed for God to keep me alive for my children and to one day be a grandma!! God what a joyous blessing that is that I would have never foreseen 9 years ago. Bless you all and keep encouraged! 😘
Tulips View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tulips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2016 at 9:12pm
Hi May may,
What a story!  Thank you so much for coming back and posting; this is such fabulous news.  Enjoy motherhood AND grandmotherhood.  And life! Congrats.
And thanks!
Tulips

Dx April 2015 IDC TN 2.2 cm, Grade 3, Chemo started May 2015: Taxol/Carbo then AC, Lx with SNB Nov 2015, 33 Rad Dec 2015-Feb 2016. 6 months Capecitabine starting March 2016
Jacklin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jacklin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2016 at 10:01am
MayMay, congratulations and thank you so much for coming back to share your story with us. It is so encouraging and gives us all hope. Congratulations on becoming a grandmother, it's such a joy to have grandchildren, such a gift.  Continue living life to it's fullest and thanks again for posting.
Have an excellent day today,
Jacklin
Dx: Nov. 27/15, TNBC, left breast & lymph, BRCA -; Chemo: Dec 4/15 - Mar 4/16; 4 DD A/C, 3 DD Taxol; BMX/ALND: April 26/16; Stage 3C; Radiation: June 10-July 15/16; 1 cycle Xeloda: Aug 15 - 28/16
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2016 at 10:56pm
MayMay,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful story and giving others hope.

DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

barrycarrot View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barrycarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2016 at 8:59am
Thank you for sharing. It's always nice to hear about long term survivors!
Age 38, DX: 12/10/15 Stage 1 TNBC, BRCA-, 7mm tumor in left breast, no nodes, ACT Chemo 1/4/16 - 4/15/16, Lumpectomy 5/16/16, PCR (Praise God!), radiation 6/22/16 -8/3/2016
luzmia View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luzmia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2016 at 4:16pm
What a wonderful life story, I hope to be in the same place in life as you are in 9 years from now.  Your posting brought a smile to my face and joy to my heart.  I so deeply wish you and all the wonderful readers of this forum the best of health.   
Thank you again.  
With love

Annie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2016 at 11:57am
Dear MayMay,

Thank You so much for sharing and giving HOPE to so many!!!

Annie TNBC Stage IIA Gr 3 1cm lesion 2/5 lymph nodes+ lumpectomy,FEC & D 30Rads finished(08/2009) BRCA- Chronic Cellulitis due to Radiation-- L.Mastectomy Jan 2012
Tamara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tamara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2016 at 9:52pm

Your post is so important as it provides that glimmer of hope to those going through the uncertainty of their diagnosis, wondering about longevity after all treatments are finished. I know I had those concerns two years ago as I was in the midst of chemo.
Congratulations to you as you share the joy of becoming a Grandmother! What a blessing - we welcomed our first grandcild just 5 months after I finished chemo and he brings such joy and love to my heart.
October 14, 2014 was my last Taxol.
VAgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VAgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2016 at 6:21pm
Congrats. I needed to see your message because I was feeling down. I'm taking radiation now and have 15 more treatments to go. I have grown daughters but I want to be around for weddings and grandkids. I had surgery and survived chemotherapy. I know know God will continue to be with me and I need to continue to pray.
snugltz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snugltz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2016 at 1:18am
there are many long term survivors.  After a time they just don't post anymore.  I at least am still worried every day, but it doesn't dominate my life anymore.  Its always frightening before mammos and after blood tests before getting the results.  But it does get better.  Donna, Lillie and other still are on here.  I am too.  Just during treatment and until you have passed the 5 year mark it is always on your mind.  Well least for me.  And yes, God will be with you.  I will pray for you too VAgirl.   
1 cm, 0/2 neg nodes, lumpectomy 6/16/10, cytoxin/taxotere 4x every three weeks, rad start 11/8 33X
Concerned Mom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Concerned Mom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2017 at 5:46pm
You have no idea how much your encouragement means to me as I read all the statistics not in my daughter's favor. 👍💜

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Concerned Mom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2017 at 5:47pm
You have no idea how much your encouragement means to me as I read all the statistics not in my daughter's favor.
MayMay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayMay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2017 at 9:31pm
I am so glad to see that my post has encouraged you!! I feel so blessed to be alive! I will keep your daughter in my prayers.
VAgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VAgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2017 at 9:35pm
I finished my radiation treatment at CTCA. They treated my whole body there. I am cancer free. God is so good! I do get down at times but I have met other tnbc survivors that provide encouragement just like this site.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Concerned Mom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2017 at 1:27am
Amen!
snugltz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snugltz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2017 at 1:47pm
yet another AMEN
1 cm, 0/2 neg nodes, lumpectomy 6/16/10, cytoxin/taxotere 4x every three weeks, rad start 11/8 33X
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic