Go To Main TNBC Website

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hi I'm Esperanza, Newbie, new to forums

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Esperanza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Esperanza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi I'm Esperanza, Newbie, new to forums
    Posted: Jul 28 2015 at 9:02pm
Hi my name is Esperanza, I have never done a forum before. So this is a little overwhelming. My husband is helping me get used to this.

Here is some info about me:
2010 diagnosed with tnbc, had taxol chemo, had cytoxin chemo
2011 bilateral masectomy and 10 lymph nodes removed, had radiation, had navelbine chemo
2012 diagnosed as braca1 positive
2013 had ovaries removed
2014 given one year to live
2015 cancer pushing against heart, more radiation

I recently tried and failed to get into a PARP inhibitor trial at UCSF. Computer didn't pick me.

I have severe lymphodema in right arm where masectomy occured

I am taking oral Zeloda

Wow, what else, there is so much more but these are the bullet points.
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2015 at 9:59pm
Dear Esperanza,
Welcome to the TNBC site. I am so sorry that you have had and are having such a difficult time. I know it doesn't change anything now, but in 2010 when first diagnosed what Stage was the cancer. In 2011 when the lymph nodes were removed, how many tested malignant. I am just trying to get a grasp on some things you left out of your history.
I am sorry you were not picked for the trial at UCSF. Has your doctor given you specifics about where the cancer has spread to, ie. lungs, liver, outside the lungs, etc.
Please know that I care for you and will be praying for forthcoming trials for you to partake. There are ladies and gentlemen on this site far more knowledgeable about chemo regimes and such. I'm sure someone will be along in a bit to offer information.
I think your husband did very well is teaching you how to post on this site. Keep posting and let us know how things go.

Love and God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2015-9 yrs NED
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic