FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hello...I'm new here

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GrammaSue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrammaSue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello...I'm new here
    Posted: Feb 04 2017 at 9:49pm
Just diagnosed last month with TNBC. I just met with my MO last week and for the first time I have some direction on how my treatment will go. First chemotherapy, then surgery and finally radiation. From what I've read this seems pretty typical but I'd like to know if this is what others have gone through.

Rocky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2017 at 10:22am
Yes that is very typical. With TNBC even if you get a mastectomy, radiation is usually prescribed. From what I've learned I think it's an important element.   It's a long haul, but your medical team will help you get through it. Focus on pampering yourself and try to find ways to deal with the anxiety and stay positive.

This forum includes a lot of great supportive people who have dealt with all of these things. It's a great resource for moral support and info.   All the best. Hang in there!
kelly1843 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelly1843 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2017 at 11:16pm
You seem very comfortable with the battles you are getting ready to deal with.  They were actually quite easy for me, so hopefully they are for you too!  If you ever want to talk, here's my facebook profile... https://www.facebook.com/kelly.crumpton , feel free to friend me and message me, you can also scroll thru my old stuff and see my posts from when I was going thru the chemo and radiation.
Diagnosed July 2011. Stage 1 tumor, lymph nodes clean. Lumpectomy, followed by four bi-weekly AC followed by 12 weekly Taxol, followed by 34 daily radiations.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic