FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Headaches with Radiation???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mary58 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Headaches with Radiation???
    Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 3:41pm
I started to get headaches about 2-3 weeks into my radiation.  The nurse said that these are caused by fatigue during the radiation.  I am one week out of radiation and wonder how long thee headaches might last.  Any ladies out there who had headaches during radiation and how long should they last?  They feel like sinus heaches.  I am trying not to take anything as I want to feel the pain and know when it comes and goes. 

Mary
bookbaroness View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bookbaroness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2010 at 4:34pm
Hi Mary,
I have 7 treatments left and am having the same issue. I too thought they may be from the pollen...thus sinus related. But I do find that I am more fatigued these days, so perhaps it is from the rads. I do find that when I am feeling the headache if I lay down and nap I feel better when I wake up. But it comes and goes during the day, so I feel I am laying down all the time now!!

I have the same question as to how long after the last treatment does the side effects last. I will see him on Thursday again and ask....I have a trip planned to visit my son in Florida in the end of May, so I hope I will be up to it!

diane

dx 3/09,lumpectomy 4/09, margin & axil nodes 5/09, stg IIa,grade 3.ACT/avastin done 10/29, rads started 11/30, 12/09 recur vs missed initially. 1/10 bilat mast, rads done 4/10, zometa q3mos now
Mary58 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2010 at 6:03pm
Diane - let me know what your onc says about the headaches.  They sound very similar to mine.  I fail to rest well though.  I'm just not a good napper.  I think you will be aok to visit your son in May.
Enjoy your trip!   Mary
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic