FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

new lump in upperchest area

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
rigatonismom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rigatonismom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2012 at 9:05am
Hi Vikkie,
Yes, I have the same lymphadema in my left breast.  I have had it since they removed the drains almost a year ago.  I have been to physical therapy two different times but it doesn't go away.  I have to do massage on it one or twice a day.  My oncologist said it probably wouldn't go away.  Its not painful or noticible so I'm just living with it.  I think it would be worse if it was my arm.  The OT said it was because they took all of the lymph nodes, there is no place for the fluid to drain to.  When I massage, I try to direct the fluid into my abdomen or mediastienal area but I don't think that really does anything.  I usually don't know that its there.  My onc said the problem is if you just let the fluid sit, it might become infected.  I said maybe it would have been better to have had a mastectomy but she said that the same thing can actually happen with a mastectomy.  I can live with this.  Hope it helps to know that the same thing has happened to someone else. 
Take care,
Nita
DX 09/10 TNBC Stage3c, grade3, Tumor 2.7cm, chemo started 9/29/10, AC x4, Taxol x12, lumpectomy 4/11/11-tumor .6cm, 3+/22 nodes, radiation x 30 finished 6/30/11.Clinical Trial Cisplatin,PARP 8/23/11
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic