FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Survey: How Many of Us Had Dense Breasts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: Prior to diagnosis, did you have dense breasts?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
52 [92.86%]
4 [7.14%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
sharon9281 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharon9281 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2011 at 7:43pm
Hello - I did respond to your survey - with a yes to having been told I had dense breasts for years prior to the TNBC diagnosis.  However, while my mother died from breast cancer at the age of 33 I have two sisters who have been told they have tense breasts and I'm the only one with cancer.  The first time diagnosed at age 58 and now again at 66.  
Natalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2011 at 8:02pm
Was told dense and loaded with calcifications since first mamo at 35....
overwhelmed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote overwhelmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2011 at 9:06pm
first heard about my dense breasts at the mammogram where they found the cancer. I asked why they hadn't seen my large tumor just 10 months before when I had a clean mammo. i wastold I had dense breast tissue making it dfficult to see smaller cancers. I also believe that the cancer grew quickly, so it's possible there wasn't much to see. 8 did  see a change in my breast (indentation when I    raised my arm). I convinced myself it was nothing because I'd had a clean mammogram just a few weeks before. Always trust that self exam, and have it checked. I learned the hard way and hope I never  have to question if things would have been different if I'd gotten in when I first noticed the change.
DX ILC TNBC 3/10 at 50, Stage IIb; Grade 3; 5.1 to 7 cm,SNB neg;TC-6 rnds, 30 rads, Avastin-18 rnds, BRAC 1&2-
stardog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2011 at 10:58am
I am a newbie to this site....I was diagnosed with Stage IIb Triple Negative Breast Cancer in Sep 2011.  I never heard of Triple Negative Breast Cancer...Two lympnodes were removed after a sentinel lymphnode biopsy confirmed cancer cells in two lymph nodes.  No metastis, praise the Lord.  I have just finished 12 treatments of Abraxane, which I tolerated very well.  I start med #2 this week.  I found my tumor in my left breast all by myself.  I have been very faithful in getting mammograms every year with nothing being noted on the films.  I had gotten slack about doing self breat exams but feel blessed I found the lump myself.  I have been told in the past that I had dense breasts and it seems like it was when I was on HRT....I quickly quit that stuff when the breast cancer risk was associated with HRT.   Happy to see this site as there doesn't seem to be a lot of us special people out there.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic