FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kanzius Non-invasive Radio Wave Treatment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mikel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kanzius Non-invasive Radio Wave Treatment
    Posted: Feb 13 2011 at 11:51am
Does anyone know something about the Kanzius Non-invasive Radio Wave Treatment? (http://www.kanziuscancerresearch.org/index.php)

It sounds great but, is it true?

If it is, I will be counting the days until the human trials start...

Thanks in advance!
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2011 at 12:38pm
I remember seeing John Kanzius on 60 Minutes years ago while he was battling cancer and about his invention/idea.  It seemed to make lots of sense to me.  I found this link that said clinical trials should start in 2012.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanzius_RF_Therapy
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

mikel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2011 at 11:42am
Thanks a lot.
Craig76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craig76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2011 at 2:36pm
It is true Mikel...in fact they are testing it on large animals at MD Anderson and another school.  I can not remember the other location.  They are testing it on large animals (pigs I believe) because the people who are running these tests do not want any chance of the FDA saying no to them.  Currently, it is being tested for liver and pancreatic cancers mainly since those tend to be quite lethal...though they are testing it on breast, brain, colan and lung cancers as well.  This machine works by heating up nano particles that are attracted to the cancer cells.  Once the nano particles get into the cells, the heat (radio waves) is turned on and the cancer cells are destroyed within minutes.  The trick has been to get the nano particles attracted to the cancer cells and this is partly why this project seems to be moving at a snails pace. They have figured that part out though and so they are past the tricky part.  Last prediction was it would be the end of 2013 before they start human trials...that is if things go well. So far though, they have had some amazing results so it will be something to look forward to for sure.

Craig
mikel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2012 at 4:02am
Hello,

Yesterday I received the next email in my inbox. It sounds well, although we would all like to have it finished and running.
But there is another question:
Who / Which kind of people would have access to this treatment, when it becomes technically available? I mean, would it be only installed in private clinics, or also in public hospitals worldwide?

Probably now it is not yet the moment to talk about it, but this is something that should be clarified someday…

I hope this year start the human trials…

Best regards,

Mikel

Kanzius Laboratory Group is First in the World to Reach the Nucleus of Cancer Cells with Nanoparticles

Kanzius Cancer Research Foundation Funds Research at the University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Destroying Cancer Cells with Heated Carbon Nanoparticles

(ERIE, PA) - January 26, 2012 -- Kanzius Cancer Research Foundation announces research conducted in the Kanzius/Curley Lab at The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center has been published in the January 2012 issue of Biomaterials journal. The manuscript illustrates how Drs. Steven A. Curley, Mustafa Raoof, Yuri Mackeyev, Mathew A. Cheney and Lon J. Wilson's studies make our research the first in the world to prove that they can get carbon nanoparticles into the nucleus of cancer cells. They were able move nanoparticles into the fluid environment around the nucleus (cytoplasm) in prior studies, but never before could they reach the actual nucleus where the DNA of cells is located. Now that they have, it will open the door for the Kanzius radiofrequency field treatment to succeed.

Essentially, DNA in the nucleus is particularly sensitive to heat and if it is damaged and destroyed with the Kanzius radiofrequency field treatment, the cancer cells will die rapidly.  The researchers are now working to use the carbon nanoparticles to target cancer cells in animals with pancreatic or liver cancer. 

Dr. Curley, Chief of Gastrointestinal Tumor Surgery and Program Director of Multidisciplinary Gastrointestinal Cancer Care at the University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, noted, "The carbon nanoparticles are fascinating because they are the smallest particles we have used.  It is also possible to attach chemotherapy drugs or other agents to the carbon nanoparticles and have the nanoparticles carry these into the nucleus with them." Curley also stated that he believes "this will further enhance treatment in the Kanzius radiofrequency field to produce heating of the cancer cell and ultimately, cancer cell death."

"Every day, our team at the Kanzius Cancer Research Foundation works to help fund this incredible research," said Mark Neidig, Executive Director of KCRF. "These recent findings bring us another step closer to our goal of producing an effective, noninvasive cancer treatment that doesn't have the harsh side effects associated with current treatments like chemotherapy and radiation."

This entire manuscript "Internalization of C60 fullerenes into cancer cells with accumulation in the nucleus via the nuclear pore complex" can be found in the January 2012 issue of Biomaterials or at www.Kanzius.org/Manscripts2012.01.

kindly,

Mark A. Neidig, Sr.
Executive Director
Kanzius Cancer Research Foundation

Craig76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craig76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2012 at 2:35pm

What I last read about the Kanzius program was they were hoping to start human trails next year if things went well.  They did have a set back with the large animal machine but have that up and going now....it cost them about six months so the human trials may have been pushed back as a result.  Also, they are studying its effectivness against most of the major cancers out there, but if I remember right, they are going to open the first human trials to liver and pancreatic cancer patients.  Dr. Curley specializes in these cancers and they tend to have the higher mortality rate.  They are only going to have these machines at a select few locations, like MD Anderson, but as the trials go on, they hope to spead out to more locations.  If trials pan out then they will start to produce the machines on a much larger scale.  I am with you...I hope the trials start soon...but Dr. Curley in his last public appearance said it would be two to three years still before human trials start.  He stated that last Spring. The good thing though is they continue to rake in some pretty good funding and Dr. Curley is a very detailed man.  If and when this does open up to the general public it will have some amazing results.  I am sure of it. :)

mikel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2012 at 5:18pm
Hello,

I follow with interest all the progresses done by Kanzius Cancer Treatment project, and finally I have viewed something that I have been waiting for long time: a mention about TNBC.

Read the next paragraph, and tell me if it is not a good new...

Breast Cancer

"For all of you PinkWell Challenge followers and more specifically those interested in our breast cancer research, the Kanzius/Curley team is now partnering with a team of researchers from Methodist Cancer Center in Houston to attack the difficult-to-treat and extremely aggressive, triple negative breast cancer. Breast cancer is not one form of cancer, but takes on the form of many different "subtypes" of cancer. These subtypes are generally diagnosed based upon the presence, or lack of, three "receptors" known to fuel most breast cancers: estrogen receptors, progesterone receptors and human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2). Utilizing the breast cancer expertise of the Methodist team and the targeted nanoparticles and radiowave technology of the Kanzius/Curley researchers, validation a noninvasive and effective treatment for triple negative breast cancer is on the horizon."

I don´t know how, but I think that we should/must try to help them in their research about TNBC.
Nowadays this seems to be a very good partial-solution (it is not the cure, I know...) in the medium term.
Today I have a little hope...

Best regards,

Mikel
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2012 at 5:24pm
Mikel,

Great find.  Is there a contact at Houston's Methodist Cancer Center?  I wonder if the TNBCF board could get involved to support this research.

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

HappyGoLucky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HappyGoLucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2012 at 4:37pm
Mikel
That is so interesting, yes we must support this research.

Karen
2/2009 7cm tumor, sent nod. pos. Lumpectomy 3/19/09,a/c dose dense+avastin clinical trial, taxol avastin stopped with pneumonia. 33 Rads 01/2010 ~ reccur 2011 supraclav.and internal mammary nodes. rad
Grateful for today View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grateful for today Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 5:30pm

It's been almost a year since the last post on this thread.

Wondering if any one has heard/read anything......positive/middle of the road/negative about the
Kanzius Non-invasive Radio Wave Treatment?

Grateful for today............Judy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic