FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Diane Counts (diane1234)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dmwolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Diane Counts (diane1234)
    Posted: Jan 02 2011 at 3:40pm

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Autumn10182001 Quote  Post ReplyReply New Post: Direct Link To This Post Topic: Diane lost her battle
    Posted: Yesterday at 9:47pm
I just received this from Diane's CARE PAGE: 

We have lost another warrior

God only knows I did NOT want to be writing this. MY Beautiful Amazing wife of whom I have been with for 25 Years lost her battle with this CURSE we call cancer. She put up one HELL of a fight and I am very proud to say she was MY WIFE & the Mother of my 3 children. She did not respond to the chemo so they tried radiation. Her throat began to swell & her airways could not get much air. She then could not swallow and continued downhill from then. They tried for days to get the swelling to go down but all her symptoms just got worse and she did not have any relief from the radiation. She lost most of her functions and did not want to be on any machines. I plan on making a foundation in her name but do not know the details as of yet.Thank you all for supporting her and please continue a prayer for her and our children. The ONLY comfort any of us can seem to find is that she is not in any pain anymore! And we know she is in a better place right now then we are.
I LOVE YOU CORDELIA DIANE, MAY YOU WALK WITH THE LORD AND IN PEACE.
YOUR HUSBAND CRAIG
DX2/99 Stg I,ER+PR+ Chemo lumpectomy - Neg nodes,rads, tamox,femara. DX4/09, Stg IIB /III, TNBC IDC, Grade III, 2.5CM, mastectomy. 4AC DD,12 wkly taxol,BRAC1&2Neg, Right Mast 11/25/09
Pink Warrior View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pink Warrior Quote  Post ReplyReply New Post: Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 10:05pm
This is one that I just cannot wrap my mind around.  My heart aches so much for Craig and their children.

Life is so precious, so fragile.  

God bless and keep Craig and their babies and God bless Diane - may she rest in eternal peace.

xo
Dx: 10/09, 37 y/o, IDC 2cm, stage 3a, grade 3, TN
BRCA 1&2 -
Lumpectomy 4/18 nodes +
1 DD AC,3 DD EC
Local recur 11/10, 1cm, IDC,DCIS,TN 4+ additional cm
BMX 12/6/10 Right proph 0/1 nodes
steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote steve Quote  Post ReplyReply New Post: Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 11:35pm
I am just stunned!!!!!!

Craig, my prayers are with you and your children and you have my heartfelt condolences...

Steve
I am a BRCA1(187delAG)+ grandson, son and father of women affected by breast/oc-my daughter, inherited the mutation from me, and at age 36, was dx 2004 TNBC
75%invasive quandrantectomy,PBM,LAVH/BSO
Belle_Laide View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Belle_Laide Quote  Post ReplyReply New Post: Direct Link To This Post Posted: Today at 12:21am
Shocked and numb. Seems I was just reading some comments from her. Lord have mercy. Christ have mercy. My deepest sympathies to her husband and children. Peace to a beautiful and brave lady.
Did everything right; got screwed anyway. BRCA Negative.
dmwolf View Drop Down

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote dmwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply New Post: Direct Link To This Post Posted: Today at 1:24am
I cannot believe this.  How horrendous.    A couple weeks ago she was feeling great, optimistic about reaching NED.    Poor Craig and the kids. 
Ugh, so sad.
d
DX 2/08@43 stg II IDC; gr2,0 nodes. Neoadj chemo, first ACx2 (fail) then CarboTaxotereX6(better). Lump, Rads done 11/08; Clodronate. False alarm queen: PetCT lung & TM marker. NED. PBM w/recon 9/10.
harbin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote harbin Quote  Post ReplyReply New Post: Direct Link To This Post Posted: Today at 1:42am
This is very very sad. Diane was a such brave and inpirational person. My heart goes out to her family.

Edited by harbin - Today at 1:45am
4/08 dx IDC, stage 2, neg. nodes, 4xAC, 8x Texol and Avastin, BRCA-
3/2010, Recurrence to Chest wall
6/2010 Lung mets (2 nodules found)
10/2010 Parp trial
zacar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote zacar Quote  Post ReplyReply New Post: Direct Link To This Post Posted: Today at 2:59am
My heart is so heavy with the news of Diane's passing.  I am sorry for Craig and her children.  I'm with Steve - just stunned. 

Caryn C.
amylynn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote amylynn Quote  Post ReplyReply New Post: Direct Link To This Post Posted: Today at 8:01am
 I have not been on for awhile and I am shocked with the loss of Diane.  It is so sad.   Her family is in my prayers. 

Amy
36 at dx IDC 2/09, 8cmx3cm
BRCA1, Cl Trial-4-Taxotere,4-AC,6-Avastin,4 cycles Xeloda
9/09-rght mast.w/tissue exp
PCR
Avastin x10, 28 rads,
left mast/w bilateral DIEP and ooph 11/10
HappyGoLucky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HappyGoLucky Quote  Post ReplyReply New Post: Direct Link To This Post Posted: Today at 9:42am
I am so sorry Craig for your loss. This is so sad, I'm stunned.
Karen
Daisy49 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daisy49 Quote  Post ReplyReply New Post: Direct Link To This Post Posted: Today at 10:03am
Craig and family, I cry for your loss. I am so sorry that you have lost your wife and mom.
Daisy49
Inflammatory BC with medtastatic disease involving the bone - ER/PR/Her-2 Negative - Dec. 29, 2009
LRM216 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote LRM216 Quote  Post ReplyReply New Post: Direct Link To This Post Posted: Today at 10:32am
There are just no words.....God bless you Craig ,and children, and all those that loved Diane.  We certainly grieve her loss on this board and will miss her dearly.

Linda
Linda - diagnosed at age 62
Diag 2/23/09 IDC 1.2 cent. IDC right breast,Stage 1, Grade 3,0/1 nodes - Triple Neg
4 DD AC every two weeks, 1 Dd Taxol, then 3 DD Taxotere every three weeks - rads x 33
DX 2/08@43 stg II IDC; gr2,0 nodes. Neoadj chemo, first ACx2 (fail) then CarboTaxotereX6(better). Lump, Rads done 11/08; Clodronate. False alarm queen: PetCT lung & TM marker. NED. PBM w/recon 9/10.
dmwolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2011 at 3:41pm

Post Options Post Options   Quote LRM216 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 10:37pm
This is tremendously overwhelming to read.  I am in a state of shock that she could have been doing so well just such a short time ago, and now all this - that just suddenly came roaring in like a freaking tornado - and wham - complete destruction -  her life is lost to this disease and her family is left to mourn and now has to learn to live without her.  My God  - where is the justice in this life - where??????????
Linda - diagnosed at age 62
Diag 2/23/09 IDC 1.2 cent. IDC right breast,Stage 1, Grade 3,0/1 nodes - Triple Neg
4 DD AC every two weeks, 1 Dd Taxol, then 3 DD Taxotere every three weeks - rads x 33
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 11:47pm
This is almost too much to comprehend.  First Caryn, now Diane.  When is it going to stop????  Please lord, we must find a cure.  I hate this cancer.  My heart goes out to Diane's family.  How they must be suffering losing their wife and mother.
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1, Grade 3, 1.5 cm, 0/5 nodes, Right, KI-67 48%, BRCA-
6/09 bi-mx, reconstruction, T/C X4 (9/09)
PET10/10, MRI11/10,recurrence IM node,Gemzar,Carbo,Inipareb trial 12/10
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 11:54pm
If anyone wants to write a comment on Diane's Carepage so that Craig and her family can read it, here is the link:

http://www.carepages.com/carepages/diva21/updates/2890677

You may have to register on the carepage first to be able to post a comment.

DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1, Grade 3, 1.5 cm, 0/5 nodes, Right, KI-67 48%, BRCA-
zoomommy2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote zoomommy2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Today at 12:30am
This is too much, Donna.  Damn, I hate this disease.  Diane was too young to die.  Her children needed her and Craig needed his wife.  Dear Lord, stop this insanity.
Lee in Denver
dx6/09,stageII,gr3,(L)mastectomy 7/09,ACx4,Taxolx7,Avastin study,gall bladder surgery 1/10 that ended my Taxol
MaryinSarasota View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote MaryinSarasota Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Today at 7:27am
It hurts too much to be a part of this family.

She was very kind to me and many, many of us here.

Mary Hubley
53 at diagnosis. Dx 5/08 Stage 1, grade 3, IDC 1.6 cm, 0 nodes, TNBC, lumpectomy, chemo TAC-6, radiation-34 12/18/08
NED-10/09, PBM w/TE recon. 7/10, removal of TE/infection 8/10. CT chest NED 8/10.
HappyGoLucky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HappyGoLucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Today at 9:47am
This is just too heartbreaking.
NinaE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote NinaE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Today at 10:10am
This is almost more than I can take right now. It's just too much.

Thanks for the link to the care page, where my condolence message is going. Here, right now, all I can say is that I hate this cruel, horrible, hateful disease.
Stage IV at dx in Dec 09, at age 38. Mets to lung, axillary and mammary nodes.
4xAC-->dd Taxol. Dbl mast, 6/10. Rads done, 8/10. NED, 6/10, 11/10.
trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Today at 3:26pm
Ahhh, so incredibly sad.Broken Heart
Pam

Stage 2 gr 3 dx 12/02 AC&T
Stage 1 gr 3 dx 2/07 Second Primary - Taxotere

BRCA 1+ 2594delC
dmwolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2011 at 3:42pm
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply New Post: Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 10:14pm
I do not know when I have felt so much grief.

Dear Craig,
I am so sorry about Diane. She is in a better place and I Praise God for that but, I hate this cancer that seems to run so fast and furious in some of our sisters. I am in total shock!
You and the children and all of Diane's family are in my prayers. Dear God please give all of them your indescribeable peace.
She did fight with all she had and I am sooooo sorry.
God Bless,
Lillie
Cauc.,Dx 6/2006 age-65
IDC TNBC, St-IIb, Gr-3, 2cm, BRCA-
6/06 MAST w/SN, 1 of 3 Node+
6/06 Axillary Dissection 9 Nodes-
Chemo DD ACx4 bi-wkly - taxol+gemzar x4 bi-wkly
No RECON - 08/2010 NED
conniec View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote conniec Quote  Post ReplyReply New Post: Direct Link To This Post Posted: Today at 1:21pm
May your family and friends be comforted by God's love.  May her fight live on in us as we remember her and your family and battle this terrible disease.  We may feel alone at times but we are not.  Together we are an awesome force.  God Bless,
Connie  
Age 40,
Felt lump 8/20/10
Mammo & Ultrasound 8/28
Lumpectomy 9/7
DX 1.5 tumor stg I 9/13 margin not clear
Double MX w/ expanders 10/8
Final tumor size 1.7, 0/3 + nodes
Started AC-T chemo 11/8
LauraT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LauraT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2011 at 5:03pm
Dear Craig and Family,

Words cannot begin to express the sadness I feel over your loss.  I am thankful that you are grieving with hope and I pray for the God of all comfort to wrap His loving arms around your family.  He promises to be near the brokenhearted and I pray you all would know His Presence and Peace.

Laura
DX 10/09 @44, Stage I IDC tnbc, DCIS other side, Neoadjuvant TCx4, Bilateral Mastectomy w/Recon 1/10, 1.2cm 0/7 Nodes, 5/11 Mets to Lungs/Lymph Nodes, Avastin/Taxol, 10/11 Bone Mets, Xgeva
Sugar77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugar77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2011 at 8:08pm
I am so very sad to hear this news about Diane.  While I didn't know her personally, I am familar with her as Angelsabove on bc.org. She was always so upbeat and positive and this is such a tragedy for her children and husband.  I am so sad and I don't really know what to say...
DX IDC TNBC Oct. 27, 2009, age at diagnosis 45, Stage 1, Grade 3, <1 cm, 0/2 nodes, lumpectomy, Taxotere/CytoxanX4, finished Feb. 8, 2010, radiation completed Apr. 21, 2010.
dmwolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2011 at 11:39pm
Diane's obituary, posted by Autumn in the Talk section:

Cordelia Diane Counts

• BORN: February 21, 1973
  • DIED: January 1, 2011

Cordelia Diane Counts, 37, of Little Rock passed away January 1, 2011. She was an office manager for Kay’s Cleaning Service. She attended Zion Hill Baptist Church and was a member of the Triple Negative Breast Cancer Foundation.
She is survived by her husband of twelve years, and partner of twenty-five years, Craig Counts of Little Rock; two sons, Anthony and Colton Counts both of Little Rock; daughter, Chyann Counts of Little Rock; father, Calvin Davis of Little Rock; mother, Kay Davis of Cabot; brother, Frank Davis of Little Rock; father and mother-in-law; two sisters-in-law and two brothers- in-law; three nephews and a host of family and friends and family pets, Zena, Diva Diane and Theodore.
Diane enjoyed giving to her family and children. She mostly enjoyed being a wife and mother and an inspiration to her friends. She was a caring, giving compassionate person, who was never selfish. Diane was the rock that held her family together.
The family would like to give a special thanks to the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department and members of the Zion Hill Baptist Church for all their loving care and support.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to The Triple Negative Breast Cancer Foundation, P.O. Box 204, Norwood, New Jersey, 07648.
A memorial service will be held 10:00 a.m., Thursday, January 6, 2011 at Zion Hill Baptist Church. Burial will be in Mount Pleasant Cemetery. Arrangements by North Little Rock Funeral Home, 1921 Main St., 758-1170. Online obituary and guest registry at www.nlrfh.com.

DX2/99 Stg I,ER+PR+ Chemo lumpectomy - Neg nodes,rads, tamox,femara. DX4/09, Stg IIB /III, TNBC IDC, Grade III, 2.5CM, mastectomy. 4AC DD,12 wkly taxol,BRAC1&2Neg, Right Mast 11/25/09
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote&nbsp;123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply New Post: Direct Link To This Post Posted: Today at 10:44pm
Thank you Autumn.  A wonderful reflection of Diane and what she meant to her family and friends.  She will be missed and taken from us too soon.

Carol (Tenn) View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carol (Tenn) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2011 at 4:33am
Thank you Autumn...Still shocked at the passing of two sisters within such a short time.
My prayers are with her loving family.
Carol
St 2 Gr 3, A/C/T, DD
Radiation x35
Rec chest wall 07/09
Radiation x28
NED 10/24/11
NED 10/5/12
NED 03/15/13
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic