FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nancy Semf

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dmwolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nancy Semf
    Posted: Jan 31 2010 at 5:50pm
SusanE1104 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote SusanE1104 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 2:38pm
I would like to post a tribute for a dear friend who died of breast cancer in 1997.  Her name was Nancy Semf and she lived somewhere in New Jersey.  I never saw Nancy's face, but she and I became very close friends via the internet.  She was home recovering from surgery when we happened to make contact on the Oprah message boards.  We began a daily correspondence that lasted up until her death just over a year later. Nancy was a dear person who lived to love her family...her husband Beau and a fifteen year old son.  I thought she was extraordinary, and she thought I was an angel sent by the one above to help her through her illness.  At the time I was a 12 year survivor.  I will never forget her.
Nancy was a registered nurse who had worked in ICU. Her mother died of breast cancer when Nancy was only fifteen.  Nancy donated her body to research in hopes of helping others conquer their disease.  She didn't want a funeral....just a family dinner in her memory.  She left everyone letters to be read when they felt ready to read them.  She left one for me, but for some reason her family never got it to me.  I still think of her often.  I hope she's watching me.
Susan
Susan
age 61
DX 8/1987 Stage 1 ER+ lumpectomy rads
DX 1/09 Stage IV TN bilateral mastectomy Mets to liver BRCA#1+ Taxol & Avastin
8/09 NED
12/09 mets to liver Taxol/Avastin
DX 2/08@43 stg II IDC; gr2,0 nodes. Neoadj chemo, first ACx2 (fail) then CarboTaxotereX6(better). Lump, Rads done 11/08; Clodronate. False alarm queen: PetCT lung & TM marker. NED. PBM w/recon 9/10.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic