FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'Fog' with carboplatin and gemcitabine?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DisneyGirl1956 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DisneyGirl1956 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 'Fog' with carboplatin and gemcitabine?
    Posted: Nov 08 2009 at 2:46pm
Anyone on this combo and did you or do you have Chemo fog brain?
dx June 2009 Stage 3C
6 rounds of TAC
Lumpectomy 10/09 13 nodes removed, Chemo did not work tried BSI-PARP Trial 2 rounds, did not work, just started Ixempra/Avastin/ Xeloda
unklez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unklez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2009 at 2:39pm
bump
Wife Dx: Jul/09. Age: 37. Size: 3cm. BRCA: -ve. Lumpectomy: Aug/09. Micromet 1/9 node. Chemo Start: Sep/09. E5103. DD ACB-> DD Abraxane (Taxol reaction). Zometa (S0307). Canadian Fraction Rads.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DisneyGirl1956 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2009 at 3:22pm
Going to start PARP Inhibitor trial in a week or so and I wanted to know if Gemz/Carb is going to make me all foggy brained again like the TAC did....Waht does 'bump' mean? 
dx June 2009 Stage 3C
6 rounds of TAC
Lumpectomy 10/09 13 nodes removed, Chemo did not work tried BSI-PARP Trial 2 rounds, did not work, just started Ixempra/Avastin/ Xeloda
unklez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unklez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2009 at 3:50pm
Hi Disney,
Many people, including me, review recent posts only. I did not see any replies to your question. To help raise attention to your post, I just added a "non reply" to it so that it would appear to be a new thread. This is called a "bump" in such forums. It is just a helpful gesture.

Wife Dx: Jul/09. Age: 37. Size: 3cm. BRCA: -ve. Lumpectomy: Aug/09. Micromet 1/9 node. Chemo Start: Sep/09. E5103. DD ACB-> DD Abraxane (Taxol reaction). Zometa (S0307). Canadian Fraction Rads.
beachgirl6 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beachgirl6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2009 at 8:23pm
I haven't really had a problem with chemo fog on gemzar/carbo.  i've been on it now since June with 5 completed cycles.  AFter the 4th cycle I did a PET and what was there in the supraclavicular area in May is now gone.  Doing g/c until end of the year as recommended by Dr. Sideman at Sloan Kettering.  My only complaint is that after 4 cycles my hair is now suddenlly thinning.  I was told not to expect hair loss and to get rid of my wig.  Yeah right....it is now thinning and I have no idea how much I will loose.  My old chemo nurse said hair loss is usuallly not seen but I'm obviously one of the "lucky" ones.  Wish you well.  I've read alot of posts here and other sites from many ladies on this cocktail for a long time and doing well. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DisneyGirl1956 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2009 at 8:54pm
Glad to hear of your success with gemz/carb.  Could you see the puffiness in your neck/clavicle area from the cancer?  Mine puffs up at times, mostly I think it is stress but I can feel the small lump under there.  I was told it shrunk on the TAC but all cancer was removed in the breast and under arm, this just needs more chemo to control.  the study I am going into shows real promise so I pray and hope it works on me.  Dang scary seeing the neck swell up a bit.  Doctor says its not worse but I feel at times like creepy crawlies are in there too.

Thanks for your replies, Can't wait to get this new chemo in me to slow down or stop the cancer!

Patty

I am bald from the TAC and can feel 'pings' every so often, but it's been almost 2 months since my last round of TAC and just tiny bits of hair so far.  I am not expecting miracles on this new drug about my hair coming back, I would rather the cancer go away than have hair ever again!
dx June 2009 Stage 3C
6 rounds of TAC
unklez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unklez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2009 at 10:39pm
Dear Patty,
I hope you get NED soon. This disease is a beast.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic