FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lani (PineHouse)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dmwolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lani (PineHouse)
    Posted: Aug 22 2009 at 11:04am
Senior%20Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote CarynRose Replybullet Topic: PINEHOUSE IS AN ANGEL NOW
    Posted: 13 Aug 2009 at 8:14pm

She passed away around 9pm PDT last night.  I don't have any details on funeral , but will report if I hear anything.  If anyone else hears something, please post.

Lani was my hero, my teacher, and my mentor and I will carry her torch of education, faith, and strength for the rest of my life.

Love,
Caryn Rose
Orig dx 6/03 - St.2a, IDC
gr.3,0 nodes, TNBC/BRCA1+
7/07 St 4 mets to lymph node and lungs. PACA/Rads NED 11/07-10/08
Leptomeningeal mets 10/08 3/09-CSF benign
Dancing with NED and stable boy
IP IP Logged Report%20Post

dmwolf
Senior%20Member

Online Status: Online
Quote dmwolf Replybullet Posted: 13 Aug 2009 at 8:25pm
That makes me really sad.   Caryn, once there's an obit, could you be sure to share it with us?  We'll want to honor and remember her.
love,
d
DX 2/08 stg II IDC; gr2,no nodes. Neoadjuvant chemo, first ACx2 (didn't work) then CarboTaxotere x 6 (much better). Lumpectomy, Rads x 36 until 11/18/08; Clodronate.
IP IP Logged Edit%20Post

Nancy
Senior%20Member

Quote Nancy Replybullet Posted: 13 Aug 2009 at 10:45pm
Dear Caryn,

I just posted your carepage entry and read about Lani. Oh Caryn, she was always here for anyone who needed encouragement, guidance and just pure love and compassion. I am so sad...
Love,
Nancy
Nancy
DD Lori dx TNBC June 13,2007
Lumpectomy due to incorrect dx of a cyst
mastectomy July 6 2007
chemo ACT all 3 every 3 weeks 6 tx Aug-Nov
28 rads ended Jan 2008

krisa
Senior%20Member

Quote krisa Replybullet Posted: 13 Aug 2009 at 11:34pm
I am too.

In the paper today, in anticipation of the Komen Race, inquiring minds want to know the lessons learned from having cancer.  Questions like that really irritate me.
read my lips!  CANCER SUCKS!
lump12-07 chemo Jan-May AC/T DD
30 Rads 2.2 cm, n/node, grade 3, stage 2
Diagnosed granulosa ovarian cancer 2/09
"May the lord...give you His peace no matter what happens."
II Thessalonians 3:16 N

trip2
Senior%20Member

Quote trip2 Replybullet Posted: 14 Aug 2009 at 8:48pm
I received an email from her husband this evening.

He said she passed away Wednesday August 12 surrounded by friends and family.

We miss you Lani.Heart
Pam

Stage 2 gr 3 dx 12/02
Stage 1 gr 3 dx 2/07
BRCA 1+

CarynRose
Senior%20Member

Quote CarynRose Replybullet Posted: 14 Aug 2009 at 9:47pm
I got the same email from her boyfriend Paul.  I asked him to let us know about funeral arrangements and an address to send condolences.

Caryn

texasgirl
Groupie
Groupie

Quote texasgirl Replybullet Posted: 15 Aug 2009 at 5:26pm
I got the same e-mail.  We know have another triple angel looking after us.   I want to put what I put in the e-mail to Paul because Julie (Calgal) and and Lani(Pinehouse) were some of the first people on the site and helped many people. 

To Paul, Julie’s family and friends

Thank you so much for letting me know.  It has been a couple of weeks since I have read her blog

I am so sorry to hear of Lani passing.  I met Lani and Julie at a Mestastic Breast Cancer at MDA a couple of years ago.   We met though the Triple  Negative Foundation  Website and even though I was Stage 3, my last chemo was during the conference.  Afterwards we went and had celebration dinner and didn’t really even talk about cancer.   Lani  and Julie gave me great inspiration when the doctors were not giving me much hope on a recurrence to Stage 4.  They got me through the rest of my treatments and my surgery.  Every time I felt sorry for myself, I thought of their courage and it put me in a better place.  They also helped deal with emotions after treatment because people think that after your done your are cured everyone through everything was fine.  Lani actually convinced me to take a break from cancer stuff and eventually recommended that I see a counselor.

I am 1 ½ with no recurrence.  I kept up with Julie and Lani and read her blog.  Lani is a true hero in my mind.  She never gave up hope and tried everything possible to fight this disease and never  felt sorry for herself.   When the insurance companies were denying her certain treatments I told her that my grandparents had a foundation and I could see if they could help with cost.   But, Julie the fighter wouldn’t let the evil insurance companies get away with anything.      Know that wonderful dinner with Lani and Julie will always be in my heart.

Julie and Lani are pioneers for the rest of triple negatives because of the treatments they tried.   I am going to make a contribution in her memory on the Triple Negative Breast Cancer Foundation and FORCE.  I know these foundations were dear to her heart know that Julie’s sister has this horrible disease, we have to stop letting these beautiful young women die.   I will continue to pray for all her loved ones.

dx 5/11/07 (Age 41), Stage IIIC, Grade 3, 12 weekly taxol, 4 FAC, 8.5 cm, Extensive positive nodes, Masectomy 0/17 nodes, 30 Rads, Currently NED

Wendy2
Senior%20Member

Quote Wendy2 Replybullet Posted: 17 Aug 2009 at 9:28am
Deepest sympathy in yet another loss. We must keep fighting!

I must bring out a funny here though, in reading the posts, does  Lani have a husband and a boyfriend?  Good for her!! hee hee

In all seriousness, peace to Lani and her family.
Wendy
dx 3/06 TN, taxotere/cytoxin x4; radiation x 40; mets. to lungs, lymph nodes 3/08 - to begin chemo 4/29/08 Abx/Avas., 9/08 Avastin maintenance, 1/09 - off meds to see if Avastin causing headaches

CarynRose
Senior%20Member

Quote CarynRose Replybullet Posted: 17 Aug 2009 at 1:21pm
LOL.  Lani was never married.  She and Paul were together since the late 90's and they lived togther in Ca.
DX 2/08@43 stg II IDC; gr2,0 nodes. Neoadj chemo, first ACx2 (fail) then CarboTaxotereX6(better). Lump, Rads done 11/08; Clodronate. False alarm queen: PetCT lung & TM marker. NED. PBM w/recon 9/10.
dmwolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2009 at 11:06am

CarynRose
Senior%20Member

Quote CarynRose Replybullet Topic: PINEHOUSE REQUESTED DONATIONS TO TNBC
    Posted: Yesterday at 3:40pm
The following was posted by Pinehouse's sister on her blog.  I would expect nothing else of our generous Lani.

Friends and family of Lani,

Thank you so much for the pouring condolences for our sister and daughter, Lani. Our family could not express enough gratitude for all the support and the well wishes and thoughts you all have given Lani when she was battling this vicious disease.

Lani had requested that her body be cremated and her ashes scattered to the sea. The cremation is going to happen Friday, Aug 21. The scattering of the ashes is not yet scheduled. She also indicated that she did not want any funeral service. Although this is hard for the rest of us, our family would like to respect her wishes.

Lani had also requested, in lieu of flowers and monetary donation to our family, please donate in her name to one of the following charities:

1. Julie Carpenter Foundation (www.julieanncarpenter.org)
  2. BreastCancer.org
  3. Triple Negative Breast Cancer Foundation (www.tnbcfoundation.org)

Again, thank you.

DX 2/08@43 stg II IDC; gr2,0 nodes. Neoadj chemo, first ACx2 (fail) then CarboTaxotereX6(better). Lump, Rads done 11/08; Clodronate. False alarm queen: PetCT lung & TM marker. NED. PBM w/recon 9/10.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic