FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

newbie and introducing myself

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lynnette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynnette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: newbie and introducing myself
    Posted: Jun 04 2009 at 6:23pm

Hi my name is lynnette im a 50 year old woman. i was dx in2006 with ibc tnbc i had a lympectomy and was told they got everything i was 47 at the time. went through chemo and radiation. and then it recurred in sept. of 2007 went through chemo and radiation again after a left masectomy was nsod for 2 months then recurred again in my lymp nodes in my chest and neck and a spot on the liver im back on chemo as of march. because of the mets but i have a positive attitude and im a fighter so im not going to let this beat me. i went through ct pet scan yesterday and an mri today. waiting on results to see where i go from here monday i get the results of all tests. i had a bone test in march no signs of cancer but the doctor said they werent accurate so ordered these other tests for me. im praying for good news from it all. it was nice reading some of  the topics and i love all the positive responses.  we need to keep our heads up  and never give up

dmayes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmayes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2009 at 6:28pm
Hi Lynnette,

Glad you found us - this is a great place to live, learn and let it all out!
Oh yeah - these ladies are very positive!  And full of great hints and tips to help you get through the good and teh bad days.

We look forward to your journey - I am half way through my first chemo and looking forward to finding out what my next step.  These ladies have given me great support - I am an Aussie living in Canada, yet here I feel like I am at home.

Ask many questions - they all come through for you.
Cheers and hugs

Debs | Laugh every day, Love every minute.
Dx Mar09 - LB IDC 4.5cm - 0 nodes. BRCA -
Cytoxin/Taxotere x4 end Jul09.
ReCon surgery March10.
rena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2009 at 4:51am
Lynette, I'm holding positive thoughts for you and hope that your test results will be good. You have a great attitude, and there are so many new treatments emerging all the time. I wish you the very best. Rena
Diagnosed 9/86. 1 cm tumor, 22 positive lymph nodes. CMFVP chemo, weekly for one year. 7 weeks radiation. BRCA2-positive. Multiple attempts at reconstruction (three's a charm)
trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2009 at 11:50am

Hello Lynette, my goodness you had a rough time of it the last few years, I am sorry to see you have had such a struggle.

But you are right, we must hold our heads up and continue on doing what needs to be done because as Rena points out there are new treatments emerging all the time.

Recently triple neg has gotten alot of attention, attention we needed badly a long time ago but it is improving.

We do our best to keep up with the latest news which we post in the Resource section of the forum.

How are you doing with your treatments, are you holding up pretty well?  Do you have a good support system?

We have several long time survivors who pop in now and then such as Rena and Kirby to remind us they are out there just not participating as much as many of us in or near treatment do since we find the support so valuable in our getting thru the treatments and recovering.

Feel free to speak out anytime, we are always here and welcome.

Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+
crose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2009 at 3:36am
Hi Lynette,

Like you I am a newbie also.  I was diagnosed in 2006, had a lumpectomy,
did radiation and chemo.  I was in remission until March 17th then I found out that I have the same cancer but this time it spread to my lymph nodes in my chest wall.  I also had a spot which they called suspicious in my bone.  I have been doing gemzar and taxatere.  I have finished 5 treatments and am doing 3 more.  My tumors have shrink in half after 4 so I feel like so far so good.  The chemo is working.  I too am ready to fight and remain positive that I can get rid of this.  It's a blow to have it come back but we can never give up.  Having a positive attitude is so important.
I hope your test results come out great.

Cindy Rose
sydonashae View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sydonashae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2009 at 6:13am
Lynnette,
Keep up the good attitude, put healthy things in your tummy, walk a lot or whatever you like to do - stay busy with something you enjoy!  You are a fighter and this fight isn't over!  Susan
Susan (age 33 at dx)
Dx: 6/13/08
Triple Neg
Stage II, Grade III
2/3 SNODE 0/13 NODES/BRCA NEG
4 rounds AC/12 Rounds Taxol/
30 Rads
Reconstruction process
NINASUZIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NINASUZIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2009 at 9:48am
Hi Lynette,

I haven't been here as long as some of these other lovely ladies, but I can tell you that from day one, the support, strength, HOPE and information here has made my rare cancer journey one of strength and wisdom....you are one incredibly resilient, strong woman (hate to be YOUR cancer cells, cuz you kick them and hard!!! Dead) Your strength and determination is incredible and we are with you right beside you allll the way.  Have the wonderful day today you SO deserve!  Sending hugs and healing to you!
Suzie
Dx: 1/09 Metaplastic TN IDC/3.5CM/DCIS/1.0;4/09 L mastectomy;6-11/09 Cytoxan/Taxotere X6;BRACA-; Recurrance 11/10 bone mets broke arm;Lung mets;rads X15; chemo/parp tbd 1/11
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic