FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Carbo Chemo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
James123 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carbo Chemo
    Posted: Nov 22 2018 at 10:40am
Hi I was dx with TNBC in June 2018. At time of official Dx I had a 2.2 CM tumor in my breast and a 3.4 CM in a lymph node. I received 4 A/c followed by 11 Taxol. I didn’t receive Carbo chemo eventhough I requested it. I was advised it could be used after surgery. I met with my surgeon yesterday and received latest results of my MRI which showed breast tumor shrunk to 1.6cm and lymph node to 3.0 cm. I was disheartened when I received the results. She advised me she was moving ahead with surgery later this month with plans to remove all of my lymph nodes in my right stem and a lumpectomy of right breast.

My oncologist says she is not sure that the lymph node is is still infected despite the size of the tumor. She wants me to have the surgery and if there is still cancer there then she will add Carbo after surgery.. I only got 11 Taxol due to neuropathy setting in. Has anyone out there experienced this ? And if so can you give me feedback on if this is standard protocol or should I seek a second opinion?
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2018 at 10:56am
Hi James123,

You did receive the standard protocol for chemotherapy.  Sometimes the chemo works and you achieve a complete response and sometimes it doesn't.  In your case, you might ask about further chemo after surgery since you didn't achieve a complete response.  Carboplatin would be one option.  You might also want to ask about Xeloda.  I'll post a link talking about how Xeloda may improve survival for some patients who did not acheive a pathological complete response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy.

A second opinion is always a good idea.  Since you are going to have surgery first, you have the time to seek an appointment for another opinion.  You might also want to ask about clinical trials that might be open to you.

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

James123 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2018 at 11:06am
Thank you Donna. I had Chemo first 4 A/C and 11 Taxol treatments. I requested Carbo during Taxol but told to wait until after surgery. It seems like everyone is getting Carbo so I am wondering if would have improved my PCR. I’m just second guessing not going to local University Hospital system were they use Carbo. Anyway I just don’t know what to do. I’m trusting in the Lord to bring me through this. I am also concerned that tumor in lymph node didn’t really shrink
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2018 at 11:10am
Hi James,

Can you get a second opinion at your University Hospital?  It may give you peace of mind about your treatment plan.
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic