FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Preauricular node or parotid gland?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MamaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Preauricular node or parotid gland?
    Posted: May 02 2018 at 12:49pm
I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum to post. I was diagnosed in December of 2017, told it was very early. Am currently undergoing neoadjuvant chemo. Did 4 dose dense AC, then started Taxol plus Carboplatin. I asked about PET scan right after initial diagnosis due to chronic coccyx, right hip, and left rib pain. I was told an chest/abdominal/pelvic CT with contrast would suffice. The CT results were no mets, but a left lower lung lobe showed a calcified pulmonary nodule and calcified hilar node, both deemed old granulomatous disease. My onc didn't even mention it to me; I read it on report. This was at Vanderbilt where my onc was highly recommended. Early in my treatment, I began experiencing left ear pain. I was told to see an ENT. It went away. I attributed it to the extreme sinus drainage from chemo. Now I have the pain and a palpable something in front of my ear, it's moveable and rubbery. My onc thinks it's nothing but do to my insistence has ordered a maxillofacial CT this afternoon. I'm 37 with two little ones. I'm scared. I believe in a loving God and know that this might be nothing, but I was wondering if anyone else encountered anything like this. Please forgive me if I'm not supposed to post here.
cheeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2018 at 1:35pm
MamaT,
I cannot really address your problem but I do want to tell you that I have been seeing Dr Mayer and Katie Sibler, her nurse, for the last 6 years. Since a few years after my initial treatment. We drive from North Carolina, over the mountain near Johnson City to 100 Oaks for all my visits and my current surgery and treatment I am having now for my new primary. I do not know if you are seeing the same team of doctors but I thought I would let you know I have a lot of confidence in all of them.
I hope this will help ease your anxiety just a little.

Hugs

Blair
Lump found 11/08
DX: 2/09 @52 TNBC
L. Mast. 3/26/09, SN-, BRCA-,
4.5 cm (post surgical)T2NOMO
Chemo: 4/09-10/09 Taxol x 12,
A/C x 4, No rad.No recon. NED 1/17. New Primary right breast TN, 2/2018.
MamaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2018 at 3:46pm
Thanks, Blair! Hugs to you!
Meadow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2018 at 10:24pm
I can't offer advice about your particular questions, but I wanted to say I was in a similar situation as you in 2009. Age 44 with a young child at home, diagnosed with early TNBC, got AC/T (no carboplatin, it was before that was discovered to increase survival rates). I had a number of scares and all turned out to be nothing to worry about. It's been 8+ years since I ended treatment and I've had no recurrence. Very healthy and living life fully. Daughter is all grown and headed to college next fall. My little sister had TNBC same time as I did and she's also doing great. Just thought this might give you hope and confidence.
MamaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2018 at 5:33pm
God bless you, Meadow! Thank you for your encouragement. My scan was clear. I've received so much hope from you and others.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic