FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

hope

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
crazycatlady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote crazycatlady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hope
    Posted: Apr 24 2018 at 11:16pm
As a 7 year survivor of TNBC, I wanted to post a note of encouragement to those of you fighting this battle. I feel so much compassion for you. I felt so frightened and hopeless when I was in treatment.  I did not believe I would still be around at 60, but I am.   I remember reading this forum 7 years ago, searching for hope, searching for survivors.  I promised myself that if I made it through, I would post a message of encouragement. There are many, many women who have gone through this hell and come out clean on the other side.  I pray that each and every one of you will have many healthy years ahead of you as I have, and as so many other have.  Good luck, and God bless you.
cheeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2018 at 11:46am
Thank you
Lump found 11/08
DX: 2/09 @52 TNBC
L. Mast. 3/26/09, SN-, BRCA-,
4.5 cm (post surgical)T2NOMO
Chemo: 4/09-10/09 Taxol x 12,
A/C x 4, No rad.No recon. NED 1/17. New Primary right breast TN, 2/2018.
Penny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2018 at 4:50pm
I always appreciate these types of notes!  I have just come back from my 4 mo "check up" with my medical oncologist.  Blood work (great), manual exam (no issues found), anxiety level for check ups (high).  Next appointment is November.  Reviewed my continuous complaint about rib pain and lower left "side stitch" intermittent pain (it really comes and goes and is a 1 on the pain level when it shows up).  Doctor said "not cancer related".  She could order an ultrasound "if I insist" but is not worried about it.  So, I decided to listen to her and not order.  The medical advice from today "Stay calm and carry on".  I am finding the hardest part of this entire process, the worry.  So, notes about hope and long time survivors REALLY are super important.

THANK YOU

Penny 
DX IDC, TNBC 12/7/16 (age 55), Stage 1a Grade 2, .6cm, 0/1 nodes, Lumpectomy & node dissection 12/22/16, BRCA1&2 negative 1/23/17 Chemo TC. Chemo completed 3/28/17. 30 RADs completed 6/6/17.

Lisa s View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lisa s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2018 at 6:22pm
I can so relate!! 3 month mammo tomorrow and bone density scan. Anxiety at its highest. I am thinking about asking doc for anxiety meds. Every ache and pain freaks me out. I love seeing the survivor stories. Keep them coming!
Asovey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Asovey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2018 at 12:08pm
Keep the survivor stories coming! They are so important!
Warriorkat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warriorkat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2018 at 8:06am
Thank you! I’m in the thick of it now with chemo and have been down lately as my blood counts continue to drop. I so appreciate your post of hope and encouragement 😘
Gratefully,
Kat
Dcrandall1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dcrandall1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2018 at 3:05am
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I appreciate you taking the time to write this. I so needed to have just a piece of hope. At the age of 31, I just pray to be able to have a family and a long life. You give us so much needed hope.
atmpt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atmpt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2018 at 4:53pm
Hello everyone,

Six years ago, when I was only 27, I was diagnosed with TNBC . The tumor was 4cm large, so I had neoadjuvant chemotherapy plus surgery plus radiotherapy. I found this forum when I was diagnosed and I remember searching wildly for messages from survivors, especially as young as myself  (since being young was also a bad prognostic factor…). I did not find many so I stopped searching. I just wanted to share with you that, 6 years later, I am cancer free and, although there is not a single day when I do not think about my cancer, I am a very happy woman J . Please do not stop believing and fighting with all your strength  to win this battle! Sometimes it's hard to stay strong, especially when we think about the uncertainty that is our future, but six years later I truly believe it's worth it! I hope that this post will bring you some comfort and that the future will bring us all lots of luck, health and happiness.

BPXDomino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BPXDomino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2018 at 5:30pm
As a newly diagnosed individual, this is very comforting to hear.
Warriorkat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warriorkat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2018 at 5:31pm
Thank you so much for posting. I’ve finished chemo and am awaiting surgery and I really needed to hear some positive and hopeful news. This helps me look beyond treatment to a hopeful future. I appreciate you and wish you many more happy years 💕
Gratefully,
Kat
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic