FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Did anyone have to skip a Taxol tx?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MamaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Did anyone have to skip a Taxol tx?
    Posted: Apr 03 2018 at 3:35pm
I got to the center for my third Taxol today. My platelets are 50, my HCT 24, and WBC 0.8. My doc says no treatment. I'm pretty upset because I want to have the best outcome possible. Anyone else delay a treatment? I've already had 4 dose dense AC. This was to be my third Taxol, and getting Carboplatin every third week. I had it with my first Taxol. Thank you in advance!
Lisa s View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2018 at 5:16pm
I asked to skip a week of taxol for my son's graduation party and doc said no problem they would just add it on at the end.
MamaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2018 at 5:32pm
Lisa, thanks so much for your reply. Did you have your chemo before surgery or after?
Lisa s View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2018 at 6:34pm
I had chemo first and then lumpectomy and radiation. In have to say I did not get a 2nd opinion because I go to a big hospital and although I am brca negative i am now regretting not opting for double masectomy. Every lump bump and pain i freak out something is wrong. I completed treatment 2 months ago. I did have a complete response but wonder if another onc would have put me on something to keep the cancer away..
Beth TNBC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beth TNBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2018 at 7:00pm
Hi MommaT,
My treatment was the opposite of yours. Taxol and Carboplatin, then mastectomy and I will start dose dense AC in 2 weeks. When I went for the 5th Taxol, my white count was too low so they just had me skip a week. My oncologist advised that it was not uncommon for the count to dip and that my body just needed a little time to recoup.

Beth TNBC
Asovey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asovey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2018 at 7:50pm
I am on Taxol and Carbo every third week.  I get weekly blood draws on Tuesday and my Chemo is on Friday.  If my WBC count is too low, I get Granix injections for three days and then I am set for chemo on Friday.  This way I don't have to skip.
Lisa s View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2018 at 8:18pm
Hmmm. I am now wondering why I seem to be the only one who wasn't given carbo?
MamaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2018 at 8:30am
Thank you I may mention this to my onc!
MamaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2018 at 9:59am
Lisa, I asked my onc for it where I was originally treated and she said she thought it might be overkill. My new onc was willing to add it in. Just hope I can get my counts up and get it all. So glad you got a pCR! That's incredible!
MamaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2018 at 12:01pm
Thanks, Beth. That makes me feel better.
PinkWarrior View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinkWarrior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2018 at 7:47am
MamaT. I was diagnosed in October I went through AC times 4. My response w great could actually feel how much my tumor shrunk.   I started Taxsol in Jan and made it through 2 doses and then my liver functions tripled and I went into SVTs so my treatment was cancelled. I was then put on Taxorene about 3 weeks later which allowed my lump to get bigger in that time for some reason. we did two doses of that and Last week I had my double mastectomy. I was very disappointed I couldn’t finish my chemo portion and will have to take a chemo pill for 6 months because I could finish my chemo.   You have already got great responses just thought I would add my thought too.   Take care.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic