FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Icing hands and Feet

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Asovey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asovey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Icing hands and Feet
    Posted: Jan 28 2018 at 12:33pm
In about a month I will start the weekly Taxol and Carboplatin every third infusion part of my chemo.  I asked the nurses at the infusion center if they had the mitts and booties to ice your hands and feet.  The looked at me like I was from Mars. Said they had never heard of doing that.   Soooo... I have emailed the director of the cancer center and asked him to get them.  Maybe he will........  If not I will have to improvise or get them myself which looks expensive.  Has anyone had to improvise the icing part?  Has anyone bought gloves and booties and could recommend a brand?

Ann 
tacoates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tacoates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2018 at 3:09pm
Hi Ann - I had the icing during Taxol.  The nurses literally crushed one of those ice packs that pretty much any doc office has and put them in baggies, then my hands went into the baggies and same with feet.  you keep socks on though b/c it gets really cold.  I did find it helpful too.  if they do not have that, my mom had bought me these ice/hot gel packs from CVS and I froze those when I wanted to use them.  worked well...

the other thing I did, b/c your nails can turn black and skin really dries out is load up with aquaphor on hands and feet before bed and i'd sleep with gloves on and socks on.  my hands were totally cracking and the aquaphor really worked.  hope that helps Ann!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic