FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metastatic TNBC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AmrHegazi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmrHegazi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Metastatic TNBC
    Posted: Oct 15 2017 at 10:21pm
Hello, this is my first post, I am not a patient. I am a physician and wanted to share this post, I hope it will be of help for some.

Thanks.

ajlb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajlb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2017 at 1:08pm
Thanks for posting this. I have a general question I cannot find an answer to; maybe because there is no simple answer. My question is this: Is the prognosis for metastatic tnbc poorer than for hormone-receptive mbc? Thanks in advance!
MikeW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2017 at 6:06pm
From what I gather metastatic TNBC has a poor prognosis up until the 5 year mark. Then the estrogen pos has a greater chance of progression. After the 5 year mark TNBC has a lesser chance of progression. TNBC is very aggressive and only chemo can tame the beast. It seems that there is much greater research for TNBC than estrogen BC. Some say it's because TNBC has only 8 variations whereas estrogen positive is much more complex.
ajlb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajlb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2017 at 6:49pm
Thanks for answering! So I get that tnbc has a lower survival rate in the first 5 years (77% vs 93%)then drops off drastically, virtually to nothing, and I feel blessed for that! But I assume the 77% includes primary and metastatic, so I guess what I'm wondering is, if it does come back metastatically, does the chance for 5 year survival decrease to lower than 77%? The median time for survival with m-tnbc is about 13 months, I think, but I don't know what percentage of patients survive m-tnbc (i.e. not inclusive of primary onset tnbc). Thanks again, if you have any further input. And thanks for you input so far!!!
MikeW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2017 at 7:52pm
All I've seen is very old data that shows a 5-year survival for Stage 4 metastatic TNBC as 25%. That has to be wrong. Plenty of people quote this figure because they fund drive off it. You won't get as much money for TNBC Stage 4 with a higher 5-year survival rate.
ajlb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajlb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2017 at 8:40pm
LOL! Thanks for your reply!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic