New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Capecetabine (Xeloda) vs Carboplatin (displaying)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Capecetabine (Xeloda) vs Carboplatin (displaying)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Rocky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2016 at 6:06pm
Hi ChicagoSuburbs,

It sounds like chemo did some good, but not enough in Dr. Nandas opinion. Before I knew that I was BRC negative, one doc was talking about Carbo for me given together with Taxol. But then,, both of them suggested Xeloda only that is why I am planning that at this point. I am seeking a third opinion.

Your right most clinical trials for immunotherapy are for stage 4, i am still looking. Also I don't have any names to share, i am still a newbie. I did see a lot of reference info on a thread " second opinion in Georgia". It is under the welcome new members link.

If I learn anymore I will be sure to share. Hang in.
JTucson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JTucson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2016 at 9:12pm
Just heard from my oncologist that Aetna has turned me down to take Xeloda. He appealed and they still came back with the same answer. I'm so scared that there might be something growing somewhere in my body seeing as all the chemotherapy I had only reduced the tumor by 75%. I had 12 weekly treatments plus 4 biweekly strong doses. I'm being told to just do radiation now and they'll do blood tests, etc., in the future every couple months. Sooooo frustrated and confused.
gordon15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gordon15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2016 at 9:47pm

I don't know if Xeloda is effective, my wife finished her therapies, and she went to UCSD/Moores where they did molecular tests, and targeted agents that would be effective, but they are not recommending those as a preventative therapy. (after radiation) like xeloda but it has helped patients here.

You can ask for some testing, after radiation, and a PET every 6 months, (if you can get approved) there are blood tests that can type you cancer DNA and they can see if it's elevated, in the future, then maybe a PET, but you might be fine after all therapies, we all hope so. My wife's tumor was also reduced by 75%, that's pretty damn good, a 100% PCr  happens about 25% of the time I think,

It's still a good result, you can beat this.

Edited by gordon15 - Nov 29 2016 at 2:59am
wife: IDC/Lobular Stage2B 2008 lumpectomy/TAC+rads
TNBC Stage 3A/w/metaplastic/squamous Nov2015 Carboplatin-Gemzar chemo/masectomy Taxolchemo+rads 4-16
PET scan stable 9-2016/ 1-2017
Rocky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2016 at 10:21pm
Hi

I am sorry for the delay. I am also sorry, but I am not a good source for recommendations on doctors. I'm still new to this and only know people in the Boston area.

I have seen studies where Xeloda was proven to help, I have had a couple of drs recommend it, so that's why I was going to go with it.
JTucson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JTucson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2016 at 12:26am
What is the thinking out there about CBD oil? Maybe I could do this instead of the Xeloda?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic