FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

infiltration to chest wall

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Reggie2015 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reggie2015 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: infiltration to chest wall
    Posted: Apr 09 2015 at 8:49pm
I had left breast lump surgery in 2/12. reoccurrence in 2013 with 2nd lump surgery in 11/13. seroma drained a week later. I had 8 wks rads starting in 1/14. starting working out with a personal trainer in 9/14. breast was still swollen. had biopsy in 12/14 and could not tolerate pain. results were negative for reoccurrence. in 2/15 trainer noticed pect muscle was too tight. could no longer lift left arm beyond 45 degree angle. had cat scan in 3/15. no infection. but mass or scar tissue now showing that in infiltrating pect muscle. anyone else experience this?
feathers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote feathers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2015 at 12:56pm
My tnbc was next to my chest wall, stage 2, grade 2, I had to have a mastectomy April 28, Im still very sore and numb under my arm and cant handle being without my amazing heart pillow or my bra on. I have tried to get back to walking but its painful also..

Edited by feathers - Jul 02 2015 at 1:02pm
this cancer will not determine who I am.
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2015 at 9:19pm
Hi Feathers,
I had a left side mastectomy 9 years ago and I still remember how sore I was for quite a while. Also, the numbness under my arm was something I had to learn to deal with. I still have some numbness and puffiness under my arm after 9 years. It seems to be worse when I over exert myself. I remember my AMAZING pillow and how attached I was to it. I slept with it for more than a year next to my mastectomy scar.
The soreness and pain will get better, but it takes time to adjust to the changes in our lives.

God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic