FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

In honor of Karen Kautz

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TinaPeterson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinaPeterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: In honor of Karen Kautz
    Posted: Mar 27 2015 at 5:45pm
My dear TNBC sister Karen passed away March 25th at 2:30. She was a beautiful, strong and gentle soul. We met through a Facebook support group called Triple Negative Breast Cancer Sisters.
In honor of Karen, I have created a group called "Breast Cancer Financial Aid". It is a place where you can post your GoFundMe or similar pages. You can't post them in support groups, yet that may be the most likely place to receive help- from women who understand the financial hardships.
Please spread the word about this group; I hope that we can help other sisters by giving them a place to ask for help.
Karen, I love you dearly. I will try hard to fight my battle with even a fraction of the grace you had.
tnbc_husband View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnbc_husband Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2015 at 11:41pm
Your final words resonated with me - "I will try hard to fight my battle with even a fraction of the grace you had."

This is the way I feel about my wife and her fight.  I strive to live my life now with a fraction of the grace she showed.  Such an inspiration she has been to me.  I pray that Karen will continue to inspire you as PC continues to inspire me.
Wife DX:12/11 age 55,IIIB, gr 3, 6x8cm+node, BRCA-, TX:DD neoadj chemo ACT, MX 5/12, 33 rads 6-8/12.

Skin mets 12/12; CMF 1/13; Xeloda/BKM120 4/13; colotectal/abdominal mets 6/13; Hospice 7/13
TinaPeterson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinaPeterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2015 at 12:28am
Thank you so much for your reply. I'm truly sorry for the loss of your wife. Prayers and hugs to you and your family.
Tina
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2015 at 10:00pm
Dear tnbc_husband,
Do we have your wife listed in the tributes? If so, what is her name? If not, please list her so we can pay tribute to her. I am so sorry for your loss.

God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2015 at 10:04pm
Dear Tina,
I am so sorry to hear about the death of Karen Kautz. My condolences to you and her family. It is interesting how strong the bonds are that are formed between us triple negative sisters, even though most of us never meet face to face. We Understand....

God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic