FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lisa Bonchek Adams

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
overwhelmed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote overwhelmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lisa Bonchek Adams
    Posted: Mar 07 2015 at 1:53pm
While Lisa didn't have TNBC, I believe I first ran across her blog on this site.  She had tremendous courage as she wrote of living with Stage 4 breast cancer.  Her words were both inspirational and challenging.  She spoke of "pinkwashing" and the need to spend more money on research.  She talked of preparing her family, including her three young children, to live without her, actually not only to live without her, but to find happiness in their own lives once she was gone.  Sadly, Lisa passed away last night.  I knew from her recent blog posts and tweets that the day was coming.  The world has lost a insightful woman who found a way to put her thoughts to words in a way that many could relate.  

When I first began reading Lisa's blog a little over two years ago, I was still so scared of a recurrence. Much of that fear has subsided as I approach my five year anniversary.  But, far too many women are not as fortunate, and this disease claims far too many lives.  

RIP Lisa  - your words will continue to inspire, challenge and comfort.

Find a bit of beauty in the world today. Share it. If you can’t find it, create it. Some days this may be hard to do. Persevere. - Lisa Boncheck Adams

http://lisabadams.com/

DX ILC TNBC 3/10 at 50, Stage IIb; Grade 3; 5.1 to 7 cm,SNB neg;TC-6 rnds, 30 rads, Avastin-18 rnds, BRAC 1&2-
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2015 at 7:00pm
This is so sad.  I've followed Lisa's blogs for a couple of years now and admired her strong will and determination.  I learned much from her as she navigated this disease.  May her family be comforted by her love and words she left for them.

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic