FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recurrence Fear

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Tamara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tamara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2014 at 7:43am
Finished #6 of taxol yesterday with very minor side effects with the exception of insomnia for two days following treatment. My dr. decided to cut steroid dose in half and I slept for the first time since I began the taxol. Praying all goes well this week - if so the dr. will eliminate the steroid completely next week.
Are there any questions to ask my doctor at the last chemo treatment? I am worried about recurrence! Am 48 with 4 children a nd a husband to keep up with. We are an active family but i am fatigued as treatment is winding down. I was diagnosed Stage 1 but with tumor grade 3 no lymph nodes involved. Had a lumpectomy, 5 day radiation then A/C chemo and now taxol. Have been able to work throughout but fatigue is catching up! I read that somewhere that lymph node involvement has higher chances of recurrence but not sure i believe that. Watching prayerfully and painfully as a dear former co-worker friend is losing her battle with aggressive leukemia following a bone marrow transplant that did not work and now chemo not working for her. She has been in the hospital since April. My heart aches for her and her family. Recurrence of my own TNBC scares me!
momof2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momof2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2014 at 11:41pm
Lillie,

Sorry for the very late reply!  Thank you for your kind words and the REALNESS you always provide in your comments to everyone!  I always find your words to be forthright and supportive! Hope and pray you continue to be WELL!!!Smile

Edited by momof2 - Sep 12 2014 at 11:42pm
TNBC/ILCw/MedullaryFeatures 9/19/12/age39,Stage2b,Grade 3,4x4cm,InternalMammary 1.3x0.6cm,16 NodesRemoved/rb lumpectomy/ClearMargins 3/15/13,BRCA1/2 Neg,8x AM386/Taxol;4x A/C;34Rads6/26/13;NED5/18/16
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic