FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

treatment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
2 grandsons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2 grandsons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: treatment
    Posted: May 05 2013 at 12:14pm
I have had a lumpamthy and they got all the cacer . Ihave thetriple negative and I was told that I had to have chemo first but now they are saying I have to have radation first But from what I have read you always have chemo first.so has anyone out here had rotation first
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2013 at 12:26pm
Can you get a second opinion?  A second opinion is very important when deciding upon treatment options and I wish it was something I was told when first diagnosed.  You are correct that TNBC is usually treated first with chemo, then radiation.  Are there any teaching universities or NCCN facilities close to where you live where you could get another opinion?  I wonder why they say radiation first?  Usually chemo first to try to treat it systematically, then follow up with radiation to the breast area.

DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

2 grandsons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2 grandsons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2013 at 2:29pm
I am going to the radation doctor in the morning and to my chemo doctor thrusay with a lot of question
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic