FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Eyelashes falling out...AGAIN

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MarissaK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarissaK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eyelashes falling out...AGAIN
    Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 3:34pm
I never lost my eyebrows during chemo, and didn't lose my eyelashes until almost completed with treatments. However, they all grew back really quick after finishing chemo & have been fine ever since. It's been 5 months now since my last treatment of taxol and all of a sudden all of my eyelashes are falling out again! Do they just keep coming and going from here on out? 

Has anyone else had this prob? 
DX 5/18/12 at age 34. Stage IIIC IDC TNBC, grade 3, 3 cm (multiregional nodal involvement). DD ACT complete 9/5/12. BMX 10/15/12, ALND: 0/12 nodes. pCR. Rads x 25 + 3 boosts completed 2/6/13. BRCA neg
debB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 10:51pm
Hi Marissa,

My eyelashes didn't fall out until late in my treatment also. Mine however, seemed to take their sweet time coming back. They DID come back though. Then I entered a trial with Cisplatin and a PARP. The doctor was sure that I would lose my hair, but only my eyelashes ever fell out, which I found pretty amusing. I had my last infusion at the end of May and took my last oral PARP at Thanksgiving. Over the last few weeks though, my eyelashes have been falling out again! They are not totally gone, there are short stubby ones there, but increasingly fewer long, regular length ones! No one has an explanation and I just have to laugh! I am sure they will come back and stay at some point!

Chemo...the gift that keeps on giving!

Deb
Dx 4/29/11, 46 yrs old, 3.9 cm tumor, Stg 2 Grade 3 chemo 4 rounds DD AC, 12 weekly taxol, finish. Lumpectomy, 2mm residual tumor. 37 rounds rads completed. Cisplatin/PARP trial
parker2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parker2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2013 at 5:58pm
My eyelashes and eyebrows disappeared late in my chemo treatments as well. I had my last Chemo last wed. 1/23/13 and am anxiously anticipating the return of my hair, eyebrows, head & eyelashes. I just wish I knew this was the end of all of this for me. Breast Cancer chapter closed ~ never have to be dealt with again. Maybe i'll be lucky...
namaste
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic