FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IBC Conference Dec 1/2 Philadelphia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SagePatientAdvocates View Drop Down
Senior Advisor
Senior Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SagePatientAdvocates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IBC Conference Dec 1/2 Philadelphia
    Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 9:34am
Dear all,

The Third International Inflammatory Breast Cancer Conference will be held December 1,2 in Philadelphia at The Sofitel Hotel.

I have been helping an IBC patient of Dr. Massimo Cristofanilli and I just spoke to Dr. C. a view minutes ago. He think this will be an excellent conference. One important thing that will be discussed is the cutting edge work being done on the ALK mutation that seems to be present in a lot of IBC.

I will be presenting a short talk, about the TNBC Foundation, in the Advocacy Section Saturday night and will also be presenting a poster on TNBC Foundation and IBC on Sunday. 

It seems that when women have IBC about 30-35% of the time it is also TNBC. It can be a very challenging combination to treat and after helping about ten women with IBC/TN over the last several years it has become a particular passion of mine. I am hoping that the efforts of the scientists present will help the women with IBC and IBC/TN. I know it is a small group, in numbers, and therefore challenging, funding-wise, but I so admire those who have dedicated their efforts to find a cure/better treatment for the IBC community.

Conferences like this are particularly interesting to me because, I believe, there are only about 200 participants expected so there is really a wonderful opportunity to interact with physicians, researchers. and fellow advocates. And it is a very focused conference. Next week I will be attending SABCS in San Antonio and I think there are about 8000 who will attend. 

If anyone involved with IBC wants to come there is a $125 Advocacy rate compared to $450 for regular attendees and there is also a special $50 rate for the reception, only, on Saturday night.

Please let me know, in a PM, if you are planning to attend. I would love to say hello. I will give you my cell phone number and email and hopefully we can connect at the Conference.

warmly,

Steve

Here is the program

Saturday, December 1, 2012 

1:00-5:00 pm REGISTRATION & POSTER SET-UP 

5:00-5:30 pm OPENING 

Session Chairs: Massimo Cristofanilli, MD and Kenneth van Golen, PhD 

Margaret Foti, PhD, MD 

American Association for Cancer Research 

Frances M. Visco, JD 

National Breast Cancer Coalition 

Elaine Grobman 

Philadelphia Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure 

Senator Timothy Z. Jennings 

New Mexico State Senate 

5:30-6:30 pm PLENARY LECTURE: MYC AND CANCER: EVOLVING CONCEPTS IN TUMOR METABOLISM 

Session Chairs: Massimo Cristofanilli, MD and Kenneth van Golen, PhD 

Chi Van Dang, MD, PhD John H. Glick, MD Abramson Cancer Center Director’s Professor Director 

Abramson Cancer Center of the University of Pennsylvania 

6:30-7:30 pm SESSION EPIDEMIOLOGY OF IBC: NEW RISK FACTORS 

Session Chairs: Melissa Bondy, PhD and Amr Soliman, MD, PhD 

6:30-7:00 pm Current Epidemiologic Studies: Advances and Obstacles 

Paul Levine, MD 

The George Washington University School of Medicine 

7:00-7:10 pm Q & A 

7:30-8:30 am REGISTRATION, CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST & POSTER DISPLAY 

8:30-10:30 am CONCURRENT SESSION 1: BREAKING NEWS: IBC RESEARCH UPDATE 

Session Chair: Kenneth van Golen, PhD and Steven Van Laere, MSc, PhD 

8:30-9:00 am New Concepts in the Biology and Therapy of Brain Metastases of Breast Cancer 

Patricia S. Steeg, PhD 

The National Cancer Institute 

9:00-9:10 am Q & A 

8:30-10:30 am CONCURRENT SESSION 2: NURSE, ALLIED HEALTH PROFESSIONAL & ADVOCATES EDUCATIONAL SESSION 

Session Chairs: Bernadette Ciukurescu,BSN,RN-BC & Bonnie Miller,RN,BSN,OCN,FAAMA 

8:30-9:45 am Inflammatory Breast Cancer: Past , Present and Future 

Pam Alizadeh, RN, Onc NP, MS, AOCN, CBCN 

The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center 

9:45-10:30 am PANEL DISCUSSION 

Pam Alizadeh, RN, Onc NP, MS, AOCN, CBCN 

Valerie Fraser, IBC Survivor/Research Advocate and President 

Michigan Breast Cancer Coalition 

Jessie Schol, RN, BSN, OCN 

Fox Chase Cancer Center 

10:30-11:00 am BREAK & POSTER DISPLAY 

11:00-1:00 pm SESSION 3: EVOLVING IBC TREATMENTS: FROM BENCH TO BEDSIDE 

Session Chairs: Massimo Cristofanilli, MD and Patrice Viens, MD 

11:00-11:30 am Evolving HER-2 Targeted Therapies in Breast Cancer: Lessons for IBC 

Neil Spector, MD 

Duke Cancer Institute 

11:30-11:40 am Q & A 

ABSTRACTS 

11:40-11:55 am Response to neoadjuvant systemic therapy (NST) in inflammatory breast cancer (IBC) according to estrogen receptor (ER) and HER2 expression 

Hiroko Masuda, MD, PhD 

11:55-12:00pm Q & A 

Sunday, December 2, 2012 (Continuted) 

12:00-12:15pm Epidemiological risk factors and normal breast tissue markers in inflammatory breast cancer 

Rachel L. Atkinson, PhD 

12:15-12:20pm Q & A 

12:20-12:35pm Implications of prevalence of anaplastic lymphoma kinase in inflammatory breast cancer 

Fredika Robertson, PhD 

12:35-12:40pm Q & A 

12:40-12:55pm Mutation discordance between tissue sources from the same patient 

R. Katherine Alpaugh, PhD 

Fox Chase Cancer Center 

12:55-1:00pm Q & A 

1:00-2:00 pm LUNCH & POSTER DISPLAY 

2:00-3:00 pm SESSION 4: LOCOREGIONAL THERAPIES: UNANSWERED QUESTIONS 

Session Chairs: Wendy Woodward, MD, PhD & Prof. Francois Bertucci, MD, PhD 

2:00-2:30 pm Evolving Locoregional Radiation Therapy Modalities for IBC 

Wendy Woodward, MD, PhD 

2:30-2:40 pm Q & A 

Sunday, December 2, 2012 (Continuted) 

ABSTRACTS 

2:40-2:55 pm Assessment of residual disease using mammography (MG), sonography (US), and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in patients (pts) with inflammatory breast cancer (IBC) who received neoadjuvant chemotherapy (NAC) 

H. Carisa Le-Petross, MD 

2:55-3:00 pm Q & A 

3:00-3:30 pm BREAK & POSTER DISPLAY 

3:30-4:30 pm SESSION 5: TISSUE LABORATORY AND IMAGING: DETECTION, DISCOVERY AND MONITORING 

Session Chairs: Sanford H. Barsky, MD and Luc Y. Dirix, MD 

3:30-4:00 pm Protein Micoarray: Molecular Dianostics for Discovery and Therapeutic Targeting 

Emanuel F. Petricoin, PhD 

George Mason University 

4:00-4:10 pm Q & A 

ABSTRACTS 

4:10-4:25 pm CTC and CEC in IBC patients during neoadjuvant chemotherapy combine with bevacizumab and trastuzumab according to HER2+ status: Finding of the BEVERLY 01 & 02 trials 

Francois-Clement Bidard, MD, PhD 

Institut Curie 

4:25-4:30 pm Q & A 

4:30-6:00 pm ROUNDTABLE DISCUSSION: LESSONS LEARNED AND BEYOND 

6:00-7:00 pm CLOSING 

I am a BRCA1+ grandson, son and father of women affected by breast/oc-my daughter inherited mutation from me, and at 36, was dx 2004 TNBC I am a volunteer patient advocate with SAGE Patient Advocates
SagePatientAdvocates View Drop Down
Senior Advisor
Senior Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SagePatientAdvocates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2012 at 10:31am
bump...conference starts tomorrow

warmly,

Steve
I am a BRCA1+ grandson, son and father of women affected by breast/oc-my daughter inherited mutation from me, and at 36, was dx 2004 TNBC I am a volunteer patient advocate with SAGE Patient Advocates
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic