FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Freaking out!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sara0414 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sara0414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Freaking out!
    Posted: Mar 06 2018 at 4:43pm
Hello. I am out 9 months from chemo and 6 months from radiation. Just had my second ct scan since finishing all treatment and it revealed a 6mm hazy nodule on my right upper lobe. Doctor told me not to worry “we see this all the time”. He didn’t have my blood work back at the time so I called today and got the results. Although my CA27 is still well below 38, it has always been under 12 and now 12.4. Told not to worry but between the nodule and the slight increase in my blood work I am freaking out. Anyone experience this with positive outcomes?
mainsailset View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mainsailset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2018 at 7:49pm
Hi, I can tell you that for the first year after I completed radiation my blood work went up and down like crazy. I had levels of 15 then the next time 42 and like you I went crazy with worry. But it did level out, and my onc kept me on a tight schedule of appointments, bloodwork and scans. That was back in 2010 and though I still keep looking over my shoulder every day so far so good.
dx 7/08 TN 14x6.5x5.5 cm tumor

3 Lymph nodes involved, Taxol/Sunitab+AC, 5/09 dbl masectomy, path 2mm tumor removed, lymphs all clear, RAD 32 finished 9/11/09. 9/28 CT clear 10/18/10 CT clear
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic