New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Breast Cancer Survery to Improve Treatment Options
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Breast Cancer Survery to Improve Treatment Options

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bcancerresearch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bcancerresearch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Breast Cancer Survery to Improve Treatment Options
    Posted: Feb 24 2012 at 12:04pm
Hey Everyone!!!

Please help improve the quality of care in breast cancer patients by participating in our short survey. The purpose is to gather non identifiable information to determine the choices breast cancer patients make. I work for an academic institution in Boston trying to evaluate the way we currently diagnose and treat breast cancer.

Here is a link to the survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/JLZVXKH
Grateful for today View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grateful for today Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2012 at 12:42pm
Hi,

Just a FYI for all.
When I saw this, was not sure what the survey would ask.
Since usually, the last screen has something like (Send) or (Finish)    etc,   I started the survey
with random info........BUT.......did not realize that after you answered questions, it looked like
the survey was sent.
Maybe I am the only one that did not know how the surveymonkey worked.
Survey questions mostly regarding knowledge of breast cancer and treatment options.
Also now realizing there should have been something about agreement to participate in a survey
if it was coming from an academic institution. In retrospect, it would seem an academic
institution would identify itself.
Since I am usually very careful on the computer, was more than surprised that the survey was
sent without a last page with option to send or not or being unable to get out of the survey.

Others may have no concern with this survey.
Just wanted to share my above thoughts.

Grateful for today...........judy

To bcancerresearch:
Is there anyway to recall the info I just entered in your survey as it was not accurate?

Edited by Grateful for today - Feb 24 2012 at 12:49pm
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2012 at 1:36pm
Judy,

Thanks for the warning. 

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

ds21 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ds21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 29 2012 at 10:33am
Even gathering patient information in a survey requires Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval.  If this is a bona fide research project, you need to identify the name of the institution conducting the research, contact information for the team managing the project and a statement about patient privacy and how the data will be used.  If the project is funded by NIH or some other source, you really ought to list the sponsors as well.  Sorry, but these days there is no such thing as a anonymous internet transaction.  Given the information provided, there is no way for a prospective participant to know if you are a legitimate researcher or a scam artist trying to steal confidential medical information.

David

Co-survivor
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic