FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Permanent Eye Makeup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
mindy555 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mindy555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2012 at 12:05pm
Kirby!  Congrats on 10 years!!!!  Way to go girl!

Hugs,
Mindy
Dx July 2011 56 yo
Stage I IDC,TN,Grade 3
Grew to Stage IIa- No ev of node involve- BRCA1+ chondroid metaplasia
Daughter also BRCA1+
Mass grew on Taxol
FEC 6x better
BMX 3/19/12 pCR NED
BSO 6/2012
kirby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2012 at 12:36am
Hey Mindy......it's 11 years now...but who's counting ! [ some things one never gives up or forgets]
kirby

dx Feb. 2001. Age 44
Lumpectomy

2cm. no nodes stage 1 grade 3

4 rnds AC, 35 rads
Grateful for today View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grateful for today Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2012 at 1:57am
FYI: There is information on eyebrows at the very of the page of chemo tips on the Forum:
TNBC News, Resources, Tips.
http://forum.tnbcfoundation.org/the-chemo-tips_topic3101.html
From above link:
"This is from Kirby:
She teaches classes for ACS for the "Look Good, Feel Better" program. It is free to anyone going thru treatment. It takes about 2 hours but you get instruction in make-up along with a kit valued at $400.00 and up. All is done by donation. Call your local ACS to see if it is offered

For those with no eyelashes or barely any, use eyeliner. My preference is the cake kind that you mix with a bit of water. I use Chanel. Yes, pricey but will last forever and has good color, texture and staying power. Besides you are all worth it !

1. Dip the brush in water, maybe several times, then work the cake being careful to use the brush in the direction it was made. This keeps the hairs nice so you can continue to form a nice thin line.

2. Work the brush to a nice point. Use relatively quickly so the moisture doesn't dry out.

3. Pull the outer corner of your eye to make a flatter surface of your eyelid.

4. Start with the brush about 2/3 to 3/4 of the way in and trying to get a continuous line, draw thinly right at the base where your eyelashes were. Having dark pigmentation around your eyes, will give the illusion of lashes. You can do the same with the bottom lash area but only going on the outer 2/3 to 1/2 of the lash area.

5. By not taking it along the entire lash area, it keeps your eye more open looking and not over done. I like a charcoal color. That would be suitable for pretty much all colorings. Practice drawing the line on the back of your hand until you think you have control of the brush and the pressure to create the thinness of line you would like.

1. Eyebrows…I like a pencil. The better quality pencil generally the better color smoothness and they last longer. Some of the inexpensive pencils will feel like they are tearing up your face! Your skin is more delicate during chemo. Always have a good eyebrow pencil sharpener. Use it before each use. It keeps the line better and cleans the oils off so it will draw more accurate. I have everyone practice drawing on their hand to emulate the little strokes necessary to create a natural look.

2. Use very small, what will look like little brush strokes to create your eyebrow.

Make many small strokes.

3. If necessary, use an eyebrow brush afterwards to soften the look. If the color is a bit too intense, very lightly dust powder over.

4. To get the angles of a natural brow, use the pencil setting it beside your nose, facing up. At that angle it should go from the widest part of your nose, past the inside corner of your eye.

5. Make a dot at that point, where your brow should start.

6, Next, looking directly in the mirror, place a dot, brow area, above your pupil. This is where the brow arches.

7. 3rd and last, use your pencil again against your nose but swing it to the outer corner of your eye. Place a dot at the end of the imaginary line created from the angle of pencil running thru the outside corner. That is where your brow should end. Use small strokes to connect the dots.     "

There is an archived thread on eyelashes and eyebrow advice"
http://forum.tnbcfoundation.org/eyelashes-and-eyebrow-advice-please_topic3556_post28770.html?KW=eyebrows#28770

The Look Good....Feel Better Program has a website with lots of make up tips.
Make up; Step by Step:
   http://lookgoodfeelbetter.org/beauty-guide/makeup-step-by-step

Please add any other make up tips you may have.

With caring and positive thoughts to all,
Grateful for today..............Judy

Grateful for today View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grateful for today Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 10:45pm
Hi,

"Bumping" up this good thread on chemo/post chemo eyebrows for members who have joined
since August 2012.

Grateful for today...............Judy

Addendum:
Some posts mentioned some supplements......as usual, check with your physician regarding
any supplements before taking.

Edited by Grateful for today - Jan 20 2013 at 2:10pm
silvesta001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvesta001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2017 at 3:02am

If you are looking for a permanent eye makeup then you can try some makeup tips for a different eye shape. The eye shapes may include – close set eyes, round eyes, almond eyes, wide eyes, small eyes, big eyes, hooded eyes, monolids and more. I got to know about some useful makeup tips from http://www.eyelidslift.com/blog/tips-to-apply-eyeliner-to-suit-your-eyes for eyeliner application for different eye shapes. These are very useful tips for all women as they have different eye shapes. You can also get some idea from this. 

stella114 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stella114 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2017 at 1:33am

If you are looking for eye makeup to hide wrinkles around the eyes then you can try several things like

• Use light shade face powder
  • Apply little primer before applying any other makeup items
  • Always use light eye shadow under the eyes

·         Apart from this, if you are looking for some other makeup tips that can be helpful in making your appearance well even if you have hooded eyes then you can try some other makeup tips:

• Pluck Eyebrows To Widen Eye Space
  • Highlight Your Eye Lashes
  • Arch Your Eyebrows Upwards

And some other makeup tips are also available at: https://sites.google.com/site/makeuptipsforhoodedeyes. I found these makeup tips to be very effective.  

parrynd1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parrynd1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2017 at 1:31pm
Microblading for eyebrows is another semi-permanent option. I had it done before I started chemo as a way to help me keep some normalcy to my face where hair was concerned. It only lasts for 2-4 years without touch ups so I figured if I didn't like it it wouldn't be there forever. I loved it and felt a lot less self conscious. I finished my AC chemo and my hair has grown back really fast. Eyebrows seem thicker than before (another plus to microblading), but eyelashes are still growing out. Unfortunately I will lose them all again with the additional Taxol/Carboplatin chemo I am on now so we will see if it comes back as quick or the same this time as well. Good luck to you!
Dx 9/016 Age 28, 3c, Grade 3, 1/5 Nodes, BRCA -, KI-67 >90%, I-Spy 2, DD A/C, Lumpectomy w/ 3 nodes removed, TC, Rads
2/2018 recurrence + brain & lung mets, Craniotomy, SRS, IPI-549, Opdivo/Avastin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic