FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Members in California

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
luzmia View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote luzmia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members in California
    Posted: Apr 20 2016 at 8:06pm
Hi MommaWise, 
I live in the bay area. I have driven many times through Redding on our  way to Mt. Shasta- we love going camping there, we have not been there since 2 years ago- but are planning a trip this year - By July or August.   Redding is a beautiful small town. 
Best to all. 

MommaWise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MommaWise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2016 at 7:46pm
Any one near Redding, CA.
JackiWalkr View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JackiWalkr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2014 at 4:53pm
Anyone near/in San Luis Obispo County?
DX IDC TNBC 3/31/14 Age 46 Stage 2a, Grade 3, 2.1cm, 0 nodes, (4)Carbo(5)Taxol. AC DD 4 of 4. Lumpectomy 10/30/2014 NED. 33 Rads 2/12/15. BRCA 1/2 normal=negative
mainsailset View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mainsailset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2013 at 11:47am
Hi Carolyn, I was raised in Laguna, it's a terrific town and I miss being able to go to the Sawdust Festival.
dx 7/08 TN 14x6.5x5.5 cm tumor

3 Lymph nodes involved, Taxol/Sunitab+AC, 5/09 dbl masectomy, path 2mm tumor removed, lymphs all clear, RAD 32 finished 9/11/09. 9/28 CT clear 10/18/10 CT clear
chicaroo44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chicaroo44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2013 at 7:43pm
im from long beach, ca
STAGE 2, GRADE 9, O LYMPH NODES TRI POS IDC OF THE L BRST, STAGE 1, GRADE 9, 0 LYMPH NODES TN (QUAD NEGATIVE (AR-) IDC OF THE R BRST, DOUBLE MAST. /CHEMO CARBO/DEXETOL HERCEPTIN
Carolyn27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carolyn27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2013 at 11:34am
Hi, I am in South Orange County, California. I do my treatment in both Orange and Los Angeles county
SagePatientAdvocates View Drop Down
Senior Advisor
Senior Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SagePatientAdvocates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2011 at 9:43pm
Dear Sabine,

the standard of care, surgery-wise, it is my understanding, in most cases, for BRCA positive women, with breast cancer, is a bi-lateral mastectomy not a lumpectomy.

It sounds like you may not have seen a Certified Genetic Counselor? You should, if you haven’t.

I hope you test BRCA negative.

I live in Los Angeles but am in Pennsylvania for awhile...

I am sending you my contact info..Please call me if your BRCA test comes back positive.

all the best,

Steve

I am a BRCA1+ grandson, son and father of women affected by breast/oc-my daughter inherited mutation from me, and at 36, was dx 2004 TNBC I am a volunteer patient advocate with SAGE Patient Advocates
sabinecalifornia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sabinecalifornia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2011 at 5:35pm
So sorry for your loss.

I'm from Germany, I moved to California 10 years ago. I found the lump a little bit after my 50. birthday. I have a daughter, she will be 25 years old in October, she lives in Germany. I'm really worried about her, because Medi-Cal might not pay for the BRCA Test. I also have a sister, she will be 49 in October. For  me it is so hard to deal with that, I don't know if I have a future ahead of me. I don't think I'm overweight, always ate healthy, never used any chemicals. I try to buy everything organic,. My only problem is the lack of exercise. I hope that I get the best treatment, I am not sure because I am on Medi-Cal. Stupid TNBC. Maybe you can get tested for the BRCA Gen.

Sabine

CalicoPrairie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CalicoPrairie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2011 at 5:13pm
Hi Sabine. Sounds like all of your treatments are within about 10 miles of where I live. I'm sorry to hear that you've got so much going on, but glad that your doctors seem to be getting you all you need for treatment. 

Actually I haven't been diagnosed, but rather I came here for support on learning preventive measures. I just lost my mom two and a half weeks ago.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sabinecalifornia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2011 at 5:07pm
How long ago have you been diagnosed? They did my lumpectomy and axillary dissection an Riverside Regional Medical Center in Moreno Valley. They did they BRCA Test over there on Wednesday. They are not sure if Medi-Cal pays for it. I will get my port in on Tuesday in Montclair. Monday I have my appointment with my Oncologist in Corona. Chemo will start Thursday. We also have to talk about the MRI my Oncologist wants to do. They found something on the MRI in Moreno Valley, the thought it is a trauma, but he wants to check it out.

How are you doing? Good luck to you
Sabine

CalicoPrairie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CalicoPrairie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2011 at 2:06pm
Hey Sabine, I'm in Riverside County also. I'm sorry to hear you've been diagnosed. I wish you the very best.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sabinecalifornia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2011 at 2:27pm
Hello I live in Corona, CA. I was just diagnosed with TNBC in July 2011. Had a lumpectomy and axillary dissection right. 1 lymphnode positiv out of 19. I will get a port next Tuesday. Today they'll do the BRCA Test. Monday I'll have a appointment with the oncologist to discuss the chemo.

Sabine
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic