FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Interpectoral lymph nodes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lulu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interpectoral lymph nodes
    Posted: Aug 23 2011 at 5:54am
Has anybody had enlarged interpectoral lymph nodes? And if so did any turn out not to be cancer?

Been recalled following my MRI. Have to go for ultrasound today and probably biopsies of the 2 nodes. They are on chest wall near to breast just out of radiation field but close to where TNBC tumour was.

Very nervous today and preparing myself for the worst. It's 2 yrs 3 months since diagnosis and surgery of that tumour.

Previously had hormone pos cancer in other side and on waiting list for bilateral mx next as brca2 pos.

Cheers Lulu
04/06-13mm,ER+, gd1, stg1,R WLE, rads
05/09-19mm,TNBC,gd3,stg1,LVI,L WLE,E-CMF,rads
01/10-BRCA2+ c.2409T>G
09/10-TAH&BSO
08/11-IPL nodes -L WLE- tax/carbo, Rads
08/13-R lung & LN mets. ENCHANT trial
LauraT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LauraT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2011 at 4:28pm
Hi Lulu - hate it for you that you are in this place of worry and not knowing. I'm not familiar with interpectoral nodes, but when some enlarged nodes were being tracked earlier in me, my doctor said anything under 1cm can still possibly be normal. I sure hope that is the case with you! I completely understand your nervousness and thinking about the unpleasant possibilities. I pray that everything is okay and this is just a scare, nothing more.

Please let us know how you are and what the test results show.

Laura
DX 10/09 @44, Stage I IDC tnbc, DCIS other side, Neoadjuvant TCx4, Bilateral Mastectomy w/Recon 1/10, 1.2cm 0/7 Nodes, 5/11 Mets to Lungs/Lymph Nodes, Avastin/Taxol, 10/11 Bone Mets, Xgeva
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2011 at 8:15pm
Dear LuLu,
Bless your heart, you have had quite a stretch of things. I do pray that the nodes turn out to be nothing worrisome and you can follow thru with the planned surgery.

God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2011 at 9:34pm
Hi Lulu,

Sorry, but I've never heard of these nodes.  I looked them up on wikipedia and found this description:
Rotter's lymph nodes
are small interpectoral lymph nodes located between the pectoralis major and pectoralis minor muscles. They receive lymphatic fluid from the muscles and the mammary gland, and deliver lymphatic fluid to the axillary lymphatic plexus.

They are associated with breast cancer, as the cancer sometimes spreads (metastases) to the interpectoral lymph nodes. They are named after German surgeon Josef Rotter (1857-1924), who described them in the late 19th century.

I hope your ultrasound and further testing shows that they are NED.  Please keep us posted.

Donna

DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Lulu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2011 at 11:40pm
Hi there and thanks for your replies. Unfortunately they are malignant and the smallest one was measuring 14mm on ultra sound. I had biopsies which will confirm pathology on Monday but it's right beside where I had the TNBC in may 2009.

It's extremely rare and only 01% of all recurrences occur in these nodes. So not much information on treatment or prognosis. But from the papers Iv read it doesn't sound too good.

Although its rare it appears from what I have read that spread to these nodes is slightly more common when you are TN and when the primary was lymph node neg. But statistics are really crap when you turn out to be that 1 in 1000 :(

Edited by Lulu - Aug 28 2011 at 9:16am
01/10-BRCA2+ c.2409T>G
09/10-TAH&BSO
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2011 at 7:38am
Lulu,

Are they surgically removable?  If not maybe they can treat with chemo and radiation.  I had tomotheraphy IMRT (Intensive Modulation Radiation) to the whole breast and regional nodes.  I was told my recurrence was rare, but it seems like you get the crown with even a rarer recurrence.  I'm so sorry.

Please let us know how they recommend to treat the area.  Are you going to get a second opinion?

Donna

Edited by 123Donna - Aug 25 2011 at 7:39am
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Barbi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2011 at 10:01am
Lulu: Sorry to hear this news. Statistics and losing at the odds sucks.
10/10,age49,St3,gr3,5+cm,1 node,BRCA-,T+Cisplatin+Rad0001(or placebo),Lump 1+cm,AND 0/15,AC,rads finished 7/6/11.Mets bone, liver,mamm node 8/11,abrax/tigatuzamab failed.Started bicalutamide 11/16/11.
LauraT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LauraT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2011 at 10:25am
Lulu - it stinks to be the rarest of the rare for sure. I also wonder if maybe it's not as rare as they think because many times mets aren't caught before they spread to other organs and produce symptoms. You will be in my prayers as you seek answers on what to do. If you are interested, there is a wonderful group of people on the Spiritual Support thread (in Support Groups) that would consider it a privilege to pray for you.

Keep us posted.

Love,
Laura
DX 10/09 @44, Stage I IDC tnbc, DCIS other side, Neoadjuvant TCx4, Bilateral Mastectomy w/Recon 1/10, 1.2cm 0/7 Nodes, 5/11 Mets to Lungs/Lymph Nodes, Avastin/Taxol, 10/11 Bone Mets, Xgeva
sue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2011 at 10:01am
Lulu,
Sorry you have to deal with this, especially hard being it is so rare.  Hoping for successful treatment whatever you do. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.  

Love and Peace,
Sue
Dx 7/10, age 53. TNBC left breast, stage I, grade 3, IDC 0.5 cm, DCI 2.5 cm, 0/8 lymph nodes neg. BRCA-. T/C x4 finished 2/09/11, rads x34 finished 4/21/11.          
Lulu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2011 at 9:45am
hi there

my surgeon thinks he can remove the nodes but need a ct of chest and abdo to check it hasnt spread to other nodes, lungs or liver. i had a bone scan on thursday and it appeared to be normal but its not been fully reported yet.

my surgeon has suggested removal of these 2 nodes followed by radiation to upper chest wall and neck but its left sided and they have to be careful as i have already had rads to left breast and there is a risk of cardiac damage.

it all feels a little surreal right now as they arent actually doing anything... we are just waiting on scans.... and i have to keep reminding myself that i actually DO have cancer again! was almost 3 years between the first 2 and just a little of over 2 years this time... so have had it now at the age of 37, 40 and 43!

im feeling so tired all the time a little bit light headed and i dunno if its just the stress or if there is something else going on.... i guess time will tell.

im taking part in the UK charity Breast Cancer Care's Annual Fashion Show on sept 29th and want to be well enough to do that so im worried about timing of surgery etc. (if you want to sponsor me the link is in my profile... i hope this is allowed)

love and hugs xxx

Lulu xx
01/10-BRCA2+ c.2409T>G
09/10-TAH&BSO
Barbi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2011 at 8:56am
Lulu - Sorry you having this recurrence but prayers for it being just this node!
10/10,age49,St3,gr3,5+cm,1 node,BRCA-,T+Cisplatin+Rad0001(or placebo),Lump 1+cm,AND 0/15,AC,rads finished 7/6/11.Mets bone, liver,mamm node 8/11,abrax/tigatuzamab failed.Started bicalutamide 11/16/11.
dmwolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2011 at 6:18pm
Lulu, that sounds like an excellent plan.  Hopefully it is just in those two nodes, soon popped out with surgery followed by radiation.  How exhausting to even think about, I know. 
much love,
d

*if you do decide to do chemo again, you might consider carbo/gemzar PARP inhibitor combo or even the PARPi alone.  Since you are BRCA2+ these drugs should work really well.
DX 2/08@43 stg II IDC; gr2,0 nodes. Neoadj chemo, first ACx2 (fail) then CarboTaxotereX6(better). Lump, Rads done 11/08; Clodronate. False alarm queen: PetCT lung & TM marker. NED. PBM w/recon 9/10.
Lulu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2011 at 3:58pm
thanks folks...

good news is its only in the nodes, bone scan and chest and abdo ct both appear normal except for the area with the nodes.

seeing my surgeon on wednesday to get a date for surgery and will know more after they have the tumour and can look at the path but apparently it looks as if there is an area within the tumour that has previously treated so my surgeon thinks it has been there since diagnosis 2 years ago.... so i feel incredibly lucky that the scans have come back normal.

will find out what the treatment options are after the whole tumour has been analysed by the pathologist.... but do feel strongly that some chemo as well as rads would be beneficial but will wait to see what they are saying.

Lulu
01/10-BRCA2+ c.2409T>G
09/10-TAH&BSO
LauraT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LauraT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2011 at 4:32pm
Glad that you got good news. Sounds like you will be able to take care of this. Let us know what you decide to do.

Laura
abcmom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abcmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2011 at 5:08pm
Wow LuLu-

So sorry to hear you had a recurrence three times!  Good grief, bless your heart.  Glad to hear he can remove them though.  Did anything hurt?  Did you have a double mastectomy?

Hugs, Keri
Diag 11/06/09 @ 40; Diag w/ TNBC Stage IIA, Grade 3 12/01/09 Node Neg. Dble MX with Recon 12/09 (twice)
Chemo 1/13/10 Chemo done 4/22/10 More recon surg 07/10, PET/CT Scan clear 07/10 NED 07/11
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2011 at 8:35am
Originally posted by Lulu Lulu wrote:

thanks folks...

good news is its only in the nodes, bone scan and chest and abdo ct both appear normal except for the area with the nodes.

seeing my surgeon on wednesday to get a date for surgery and will know more after they have the tumour and can look at the path but apparently it looks as if there is an area within the tumour that has previously treated so my surgeon thinks it has been there since diagnosis 2 years ago.... so i feel incredibly lucky that the scans have come back normal.

will find out what the treatment options are after the whole tumour has been analysed by the pathologist.... but do feel strongly that some chemo as well as rads would be beneficial but will wait to see what they are saying.

Lulu

Lulu,

How are you doing?

Lulu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2011 at 9:31am
For some reason I cannot type a reply from my iPad it's not letting me access my keyboard but it's letting me post blank replies... Is there some kind of fault or anything I can do to fix it?

Anyway I'll try from my phone instead.

I had surgery on 15 sept to remove to the Interpectoral lymph nodes and a level 2 auxiliary clearance. Pathology showed a recurrence of my grade 3 TNBC, two Tumours one was 15mm and the other was 7mm. Luckily my aux nodes were negative, so cancer was just confined to chest wall.

I started Chemo on 27 oct having 6 cycles of carboplatin and docetaxel. They are still unsure if I will be getting radiotherapy as the previously treated area is very close to this area so I will need a CT scan after chemo to check if I can do them or not.

I felt awful the first 10 days of treatment but feeling loads better now.

I haven't had double mastectomy yet I had planned to do it next year as would have reached the three year milestone yet i had planned to do it next year as would have reached the three year milestone and felt that as recurrence most likely in the first three years. I figured it if I made it to three years I'd be happy up have the mastectomys but was just over 2 years past diagnosis.

My surgeon says if I had the double mx though they may not have found this recurrence till it was a lot bigger as it was picked up on annual MRI and wouldn't get MRI if I'd had mx.

I still dont know much about prognosis as surgeon is treating it like aux lymph nodes but Onc is a bit more radical abd worried I think.... So not quite sure what to believe as there is so little info.

Lulu xxx
01/10-BRCA2+ c.2409T>G
09/10-TAH&BSO
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic