FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

periferal neuropathy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
arabella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: periferal neuropathy
    Posted: Feb 07 2013 at 3:00pm
Thank you, Lillie, for your kind, caring words.  I appreciate being in your prayers.  

Peace and blessings to you,
Kaye   :)
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2013 at 1:21pm
Dear Ema and Kaye,

My sympathy to both of you at the death of your husbands.  Also, for being in the process of fighting this TNbreast cancer.  I pray for strength for both of you, spiritually, emotionally and physical.   Please post anytime with any questions, frustrations, venting, joys;  we are here for both of you.

Love & God Bless
Another 'Oldie Goldie' 72 years old 
Lillie

Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED
arabella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2013 at 12:07pm
Ema,

I've only just been diagnosed with TNBA and am trying to find my way.  I'm 63 and my husband just passed away this past July 1st, 2012, and I felt my lump on Jan. 1, 2013.  I have just read this thread and you give me hope.  I am still in process of trying to get my act together with regard to his death, both emotionally and getting personal/business affairs taken care of, and now having this 3NBC thrown at me is mind-boggling.   
I hope you are still doing well.  I will check this thread from time to time to see if you've updated.

With my very best wishes,
Kaye

Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2012 at 2:08pm
Hi Ema,
What a wonderful post.  I am so glad you are doing well.  Also, it is nice that you have family to count on in your "Special" years.  Since I am 71 myself, I am very respectfuly of age.

I wanted to let you know that you don't get taken off the list just because you don't post.  But we are glad that you decided to post again and let us know how you are.

Congratulations!

God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED
Charlene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2012 at 9:57am
Ema,
Wonderful to hear from you and to know how well you are doing!  Wishing you continued good health and happiness!
Charlene
DX 3/10 @59 ILC/TNBC
Stage 1, Grade 2, Multifocal; Lumpectomy/re-excision
SNB 0/4 nodes, BRCA-; Taxotere/Cytoxan X4, 30 rads
3/14:NED
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2012 at 8:57am
Ema,

You made my day!  It was so good to hear from you and that you are living a full, active and happy life.

Hugs,
Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Ema View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2012 at 1:59am
Hi Donna. I'm sorry that I haven't posted but have been very busy then It seemed like I wasn't a member anymore.  I guess you are taken off the list after awhile. Anyway I am doing fine. I had my year checkup &mamogram & I checked out ok. had a scare in March found a lump in the other breast but it turned out O.K. I am pretty much back to normal thenk God. I am doing all of the things that I did before I had chemo & rads. I painted my bedroom today. I have been enjoying doing some crafts which is what I have always thrived on. I did some mosaic tile birdbaths & have been going to jewelry making class & also learning to wire wrap jewelry. I had not done these things for a while because of my husband being sick for so long.  My daughter & her husband moved in with me so I am enjoying them being here.
Thank you for your message. I hope everyone is doing OK. I still have s little bit of numbness in my feet it doesn't bother me much. My memory is not the greatest but it might have been that way anyway I will have my 82 birthdayin a couple of months. God Bless all of you for doing what you are doing & being there for people in need. Hugs & Thanks. Ema
I'm sure you did not expect this much detail.
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2012 at 11:47pm
Ema,

I hope you are doing well.  Just dropping bye to say hello and thinking of you.  We'd love to hear how you are doing.

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Ema View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2011 at 11:42pm
Thanks to All for the kind words of encouragement. I am feeling some better physicly. I think because I felt so bad I had to concentrate on myself more & that has kept me from having so much grief. I live with that in the back of my mind but I have not given myself over to that because I tell myself that I have to get myself better. I called the Dr. about my foot & still did not get any satisfactry ans. but she pres. neurontin. I guess I will try it but I don't think it will keep this from being permanent which is what I am afraid of. I guess if you have to have something wrong it could be worse. Take care everyone. I wish you all the best.Smile Ema
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2011 at 7:59am
Ema,

I'm so sorry to hear of your husband's passing.  I know he was on hospice, but it is difficult when a loved one passes.  You've had so much on your plate while going through treatment.  Please be kind to yourself and let your family help you as much as they can.  Are you getting help for your grieving?  Being married 62 years is a wonderful accomplishment and a testament to time and love.  My parents were married 50 years before my father passed.

I found it took time to recover and get my strength back after chemo.  It gets gradually better.  The radiation isn't too bad.  You may feel more tired as it progresses.  I didn't have too many skin issues until several weeks into treatment.  It's mostly towards the end of treatment.  They'll give you some good cremes to use to help you out.  For me, Aquaphor worked the best, but I used them all.

Take care and keep us posted on how you're doing.  You're part of this warm, loving family now.

Hugs,
Donna

Charlene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2011 at 7:34am
Hi, Ema,
Thanks for letting us know how you are doing.  You have been in my prayers.  I am sorry to hear about the loss of your husband, but I hope you have some peace, knowing he is not suffering any more.  My legs were both heavy and felt funny after chemo.  It took awhile to go away, but they are back to normal now.  My oncologist said radiation was still necessary in case any cancer cells were left in my breast.  I found radiation very easy to tolerate, just an inconvenience to go every day.  My prayers for you will continue and please keep in touch. 
Charlene
DX 3/10 @59 ILC/TNBC
Stage 1, Grade 2, Multifocal; Lumpectomy/re-excision
SNB 0/4 nodes, BRCA-; Taxotere/Cytoxan X4, 30 rads
3/14:NED
LauraT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LauraT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2011 at 7:24am
Ema - I'm so sorry to hear of your husband's passing. What a difficult time you are going through, yet you sound hopeful and surrounded by family who love and support you. I pray that your heart will be comforted and your body heal. Please keep in touch and let us know how you are and how we can help.

Love,
Laura
DX 10/09 @44, Stage I IDC tnbc, DCIS other side, Neoadjuvant TCx4, Bilateral Mastectomy w/Recon 1/10, 1.2cm 0/7 Nodes, 5/11 Mets to Lungs/Lymph Nodes, Avastin/Taxol, 10/11 Bone Mets, Xgeva
Ema View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2011 at 12:13am
Thanks Donna, what I did not tell you is that my husband of 62 yrs. passed away July 28 the third day after I got my last chemo. I am glad that he is out of his misery, but I am feeling sad for my self & my family. I have had a hard time getting over this treatment--nausea & fatigue but I think it may be getting a little better. I am very glad to be done with the chemo & am still wondering why the rad. is necessary. I have a wonderful family. they all came here & supported me through everything. I am very thankful for them & this website because you give so much support to those who really need it. Thanks again. I hope you are doing well. Ema
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2011 at 11:20pm
Ema,

Congratulations on finishing chemo!ClapClap  You did it!

I found the neuropathy gradually got better over time.  I took Vitamin B-6 tablets, 100 mg twice a day.  The more I walked, the better my feet would feel. 

Here's another thread:

http://forum.tnbcfoundation.org/looking-for-advice-on-dealing-with-neuropathy_topic8786.html

Donna

Ema View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2011 at 10:29pm
Hi all, I just finished my 4th & last round of chemo for tnbc. My concern now is that I have pain & numubness in my left foot, I asked if this will go away and the ans. was it may or it may not. I know that this is parmanant s lot of times & wonder if I should seee a nuerologist. Had anyone else experienced this?Ouch Love to all Ema
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic