FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TNBC - over 55

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
beck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2013 at 9:20am
thanks mindy i enjoy writing them, i can relate to women on here, they get it,how are things in OK. my dad was born in bristal OK, Il. is snowy today, Granddaughter did her firts solo driving yesterday, she lives with us , since she was 3, man it was nerve wracking like the first day of kindergarten for me Beck
mindy555 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mindy555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2013 at 2:39pm
Hi beck, It was nice last week.. sunny, cool.. perfect for walking or outdoor activity. Unfortunately I was stuck behind a desk of work.  I know Bristal OK.. I believe it's on the way to Tulsa.  My long-time friend's dad, now deceased owned the funeral home in Bristal. 

Congrats to your granddaughter! LOL That takes me back to those first nail-biting drives with my kids.. especially my son who was so close to running a 4 way stop sign with a police car at the intersection just to the right of us.  I yelled at him. He slammed on the brakes just in time. His driving was pretty bad for a while.  Now at age 30 he doesn't scare the snot out of me and I'll get in his car.

If anyone can relate to our feelings and fears it's this wonderful family.  Even when we're away I guarantee those who are struggling are always on our minds.  xxx Mindy

Dx July 2011 56 yo
Stage I IDC,TN,Grade 3
Grew to Stage IIa- No ev of node involve- BRCA1+ chondroid metaplasia
Daughter also BRCA1+
Mass grew on Taxol
FEC 6x better
BMX 3/19/12 pCR NED
BSO 6/2012
dldlogan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dldlogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 3:57pm
Beck,
I know you asked how to get your information on the bottom of your posts.  Since you haven't done it yet, here is what you do.

After you log in, go to the Member Control Panel located under the Forum Home button.  From there select the Profile tab.  On the bottom is a place to type your signature that can include your information such as diagnosis, dates, pathology...etc.

Just trying to help.  Smile

Diana
Diagnosis 6/25/12
Biopsy 7/20/12
Mastectomy 8/15/12
IDC 1.9 cm TN Gr 3 Stage I
Chemo Start 9/27/12 ACT
Done 3/7/13
BRCA Neg
Reoccurence-Lung 12/3/13-Biopsy 12/16/13 Brain MRI 2/20/14 Stage IV
beck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 4:20pm
thanks didlogon ill try it Beck
ER postive in 2007 10 nodes in underarm,primary unknown, right side, did chemo and rad. Dec. 2011 TN left side 1.5 CM no nodes stage 1 did cmf chemo and rads.
beck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 4:22pm
yea it worked i am computer savy after all Beck... kind of strung out , but its on there   Beck
ER postive in 2007 10 nodes in underarm,primary unknown, right side, did chemo and rad. Dec. 2011 TN left side 1.5 CM no nodes stage 1 did cmf chemo and rads.
mindy555 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mindy555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2013 at 10:16am
Good job computer savvy Beck.  I've tried to make mine look like yours - on one line.  For some reason it won't behave.
Dx July 2011 56 yo
Stage I IDC,TN,Grade 3
Daughter also BRCA1+
Mass grew on Taxol
FEC 6x better
BMX 3/19/12 pCR NED
BSO 6/2012
cheeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2013 at 1:59pm
Mindy,

I believe it will work if you don't hit enter between each thing but just use some type of symbol between information and keep on typing.  Each little thing goes toward your total character count. 

Thanks for the email(s) really enjoyed them. Smile

Blair

Edited by cheeks - Feb 18 2013 at 2:01pm
Lump found 11/08
DX: 2/09 @52 TNBC
L. Mast. 3/26/09, SN-, BRCA-,
4.5 cm (post surgical)T2NOMO
Chemo: 4/09-10/09 Taxol x 12,
A/C x 4, No rad.No recon. NED 1/17. New Primary right breast TN, 2/2018.
mindy555 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mindy555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2013 at 3:05pm
Thanks Mizz Blair!  I'll change it later. SO GREAT to see ya, GF.

Here's your cyber hug, from me to you. HugHug

One day maybe that hug in person.  Ya just never know who might come knocking.  We'd prefer the master bedroom during our stay. Shocked Big smile  Egyptian cotton sheets with at least a 300 thread count will be fine.

Oh, and I like my breakfast brought to me in bed when I wake at noon.  One white rose and dark blend coffee pleazzze.

Seriously, hope you're enjoying your new home retreat.  It looks dreamy to me!
Dx July 2011 56 yo
Stage I IDC,TN,Grade 3
Daughter also BRCA1+
Mass grew on Taxol
FEC 6x better
BMX 3/19/12 pCR NED
BSO 6/2012
memeb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote memeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2013 at 6:17pm
I can't believe it's been so long since I've posted on this site; but quick summary - I'm doing great!  I finished the dose dense chemo (AC & T) & 32 radiation txs in Nov., 2011.  Won't lie to you - it was rough, but I made it better than I had expected!  Thank God for that!  I have had trouble getting my strength back, but I am able to continue my work (accounting - work from home) and I also am keeping my great grandson who is 15 months old and brings my husband and me so much joy!!!Smile

I don't have any news - just wanted to let you sweet ladies know that I appreciate all your encouraging posts so much and to send lots of hugs to each one of you {{{{{}}}}}

DX 3/11 age 68; Stage 3, Grade 3; Lump-y w/SNB - 1/2 +; DD AC x 4 & T x 4 - 4/11; 32 Rads
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2013 at 7:40pm

Dear memeb,

So good to hear from you again.  We appreciate your encouraging post and send lots of hugsHugHugHugyour way.   I am glad you are still working and also, it takes a while to get your strength back.  Actually, you are not far behind me in age and to tell the truth, I'm not sure if how I feel is chemo effects or age related.

Anyhow, post often dear.

God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED
Knitter 1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knitter 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2013 at 9:47pm
I was just diagnosed with tnbc this past week.  I am 58 years old.  Tomorrow I go for my first meeting with the oncologist and hematologist.  Met with my employer today to discuss possible implications for my job during my treatment.  This is uncharted territory, certainly.  I also talked with people who said that they didn't miss a day of work or who cut down to part-time or who didn't get sick at all during their chemotherapy.  If I get sick I'm going to feel like I'm just not doing a very good job of handling it now that I've heard all of these great stories, although I'm glad that their experiences were positive ones.  I have also heard about women who were so tired that their husbands had to turn them over in bed.  I'll let you know how it goes for me when I start treatment in the next two weeks.  Meanwhile, don't feel badly...apparently, everyone experiences treatment differently.  I'm sure you'll feel stronger soon.  (You can tell me that when I write how tired I am...haha)
Knitter 1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knitter 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2013 at 9:52pm
Memeb - I'm brand new to this forum and just posted, but mistakenly posted on p. 5.  I hope you find it.  Next time, I'll post on the right page.  Take care. God bless.
Grateful for today View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grateful for today Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2013 at 12:29am

Memeb,

Thank you for updating us.......so great to hear you are post treatment, doing great and also caring for
a 15 month old grandson.

Sending lots of caring and positive thoughts and hugs to you,
Grateful for today.............Judy

=======================================

Knitter 1,

Like your Name, Knitter 1 !
Glad you found this forum and posted. You will find many caring and knowledgeable women and
men here.

Am sure you will have many questions on your list to ask your physicians.
You might like to consider including the following with your questions if not already on your list:
      - Ask for a copy of your pathology report (if you do not already have a copy).
               Have your MD write down for you: the Stage, the size of breast lesion,
                        and if you had a lymph node biopsy, what was the report.
      - Not sure if you have had a biopsy or if you already had a lumpectomy or mastectomy.
               If you already had a lumpectomy or mastectomy, disregard the following 3 questions -
                     about which to do first.   If not, consider asking:
                                          What are the pros and cons of chemo first?
                                          What are the pros and cons of surgery first?
                                          What are the pros and cons of each surgery option?
      - What are the pros and cons of each chemo option?
      - Request a referral to a Certified Genetics Counselor for a consult about BRCA* testing.
      - Confirm that a Vit D** test will been done.

In addition to the 2 extremes of dealing with/side effects with chemotherapy you have already
heard about, there are plenty of responses in between.   There is a large range how chemo effects
a person. That's one of the initial unknowns about chemo......how it will effect oneself. Will hope
you are in the group of minimalists.......minimal side effects. In any case, once one has had the
first chemo, one then can work and plan with one's oncologist to tweak the various pre and post
chemo side effects meds as needed.

With caring and positive thoughts,
Grateful for today.............Judy

*On BRCA testing:
If one has TNBC and under age 60 years, a certified genetics counselor consult regarding
      BRCA testing is important.   Information on the following link:
   http://forum.tnbcfoundation.org/very-important-news-re-tnbc-brca-testing_topic8458_page1.html?KW=BRCA
**On Vitamin D3:     
   Some/many with TNBC are low in vitamin D at time of diagnosis. If one has a Vitamin D3 test and
       the result is low, one can make a plan with one's MD for Vitamin D3 supplementation.
       See especially page 26 on following link:
   http://forum.tnbcfoundation.org/vitamin-d3_topic5338_page26.html

Edited by Grateful for today - Apr 10 2013 at 1:20am
Carol (Tenn) View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carol (Tenn) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2013 at 10:07am
Welcome Knitter,
I'd like to invite you to the Spiritual Support thread. You will enjoy the group there as well. They are faithful believers who will help you through this journey. Give them a try. And oh yeah...Welcome!!
St 2 Gr 3, A/C/T, DD
Radiation x35
Rec chest wall 07/09
Radiation x28
NED 10/24/11
NED 10/5/12
NED 03/15/13
memeb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote memeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2013 at 10:52am
Hi Knitter,
So sorry that you have to join this sisterhood, but Thank God for this forum where we can talk with others who are going down this same bumpy road.  Everyone is different and I think we just have to take it one day at a time - I know that is an old saying, but it is true.  You may get lucky and not be too effected by the chemo and then again, it might be terrible - but just know that you are fighting that terrible beast and you intend to win!!!
I finished treatment (chemo and rads) in November, 2011 and now I am keeping my 16mo great-grandson!!!Smile   So you see, there is really life after cancer!  Stay strong and lean on all of us for support to help you through these next months.   God Bless
DX 3/11 age 68; Stage 3, Grade 3; Lump-y w/SNB - 1/2 +; DD AC x 4 & T x 4 - 4/11; 32 Rads
Knitter 1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knitter 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2013 at 9:22pm
Hi, Grateful for Today
Thank you for your suggestions - I'll follow up on them

Carol - will try to find the Spiritual Support thread.  Thank you!

memeb - thank you for the encouragement...

Everyone - thanks for the warm welcome! 
wildabandon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wildabandon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2013 at 5:59pm
Hi, Memeb,

Like you, I was just recently diagnosed.  I'm 60 years old.  My cancer is:
IDC, level 3, Stage IIa, triple negative and metaplastic sarcomatoid carcinoma

(I see others have postings below their notes giving all their stats, but I have no idea how to do that.)

So far: lumpectomy, CT scan, Bone scan.  My doctor called last night and the bone scan is clean; however, I will now be having a PET scan due to a couple nodules seen on my lungs.  I'm optimistic that those are from pneumonia a few years back.  On Tuesday, June 4th, chemo will begin; six sessions three weeks apart.  After that, radiation.    

Not afraid of losing my hair at all; horribly anxious about the chemo.  Feel better after reading another thread here where someone said it's like childbirth; awful when you're in it, but soon forgotten.  That truly helped calm me down a bit.
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2013 at 7:24pm
wildabandon,

To get your information so that it appears at the bottom of your posts, like mine, go to Member Control Panel in the upper left side of the screen.  Click on Edit Profile.  Scroll down until you see Signature.  Type the information you want to appear, then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Update Profile to save your changes.

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Skclayton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skclayton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2013 at 8:32pm
As stated, we are all different and have different effects.  I also feel alot depends on how people deal with it emotionally.  When I had my last 8 chemo treatments, I had the Heavy Duty AC and was prepared for the worse (especially when they require you to have a heart scan to make sure your heart can handle this chemo)--but expected minimal.  I did have very minimal side effects.  Some gals have negative reactions to the neulastic shot.  I had none.  I intentionally rested each afternoon ---but I am retired and can do that.  The taxol effected me a little more than the AC---- but not bad at all.  Most negative effect was on the digestive system and the lower energy levels.  But, I did most of my activities.  I ride horses and have a ranch ---so stayed fairly active.  I went on a cruise after the last Chemo --and before starting radiation.  Only side effect I have had with radiation is a good rash and a little tired here and there.  Just finished five weeks (5 times a week:Monday-Friday) of radiation and am now looking forward to great results on next CT/PET scan.  A CT/PET Scan, detailed bone scan and an organ MRI was done during my chemo treatments and they were all clear. 

Good luck and let us know how you are doing.  Note:  I am still bald and bought a hairflair hat (a hat with fake hair sticking up).  I have had a ball with that.  You cannot believe how many people think it is real.
Diag 5/2011-stage1 60yrs. Nothing in Nodes. Had Bi-lateral Mastectomy and 4 chemos.
NOV 2012: ReDiag in L-nodes-21 Nodes removed-4 positive. 8 HD chemo & 25 radiation. Clear CT/PET scan.
Grateful for today View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grateful for today Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2013 at 9:44pm
Knitter 1,

Sending caring and positive thoughts to you during your treatment.
Hope you are a minimalist when it comes to side effects.

Grateful for today............Judy

-------------------------------------------------------

Wildabandon,

From your note above, sounds like you started chemo June 4.
Usually, once the first chemo is completed, then one can work with treatment team to adjust/tweak
the pre/post chemo plan for as few side effects as possible.   Sometimes it can be a "little better"
once the uncertainly of how one will respond to chemo is past.

Grateful for today......Judy

=====================================

Skclayton,

It was so good to read that you are now post chemo AND radiation AND that repeat imaging during
chemo was all clear.     Joining with you in your " looking forward to great results on next CT/PET scan."

Grateful for today...........Judy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic