FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome From TNBC Foundation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 320321322323324 332>
Author
kjlady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kjlady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2017 at 5:04pm
Is it possible to treat the T-Neg. with alternatives ?  What suggestions ?
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2017 at 7:19pm
I'm not sure of your question.  Are you asking if you can treat TNBC with something besides standard treatment:  surgery, chemo and possibly radiation?  
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Soults View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Soults Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2017 at 9:04am
Hello people, i am new here and i want to learn more about that type of cancer! Wish you all health and good luck!

Edited by Soults - Jun 20 2017 at 2:07pm
KellyG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KellyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2017 at 12:27pm
I have TNBC Stage 3 and have had 4 chemo treatments and got 2 more before surgery. My tumor has turned black and in pain, has anyone else had this happen to them?
gordon15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gordon15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2017 at 6:59pm
My wife had /has Stage 3 and she had Carbo/Gem chemotherapy drugs  before surgery, she did not have pain, her surgeon did an ultrasound after 2 chemo infusions,  it showed the tumor got more "cystic" meaning liquid. The ultrasound technician inferred to my wife this was a "positive"  progress result, but she did not have a PCR, which is a pathological Complete Response, so while it was encouraging to us to hear that , you never know the ultimate outcome of chemo before surgery. (My wife had a 75% response)

As it turned out, the chemo drug did infiltrate her tumor, making it more liquid, but it didn't kill the entire tumor, but most of it. I don't know what it means "turning black" this is a question for your oncologist, not the technician doing an ultrasound.
If you have pain, your oncologist should have some reaction. My wife and I learned, that the images during chemo and it's affect on the tumor are not as important as the pathologist's report after the adjutant chemotherapy.

Not sure if your pain is an issue, this is something you should call your oncologist and ask about. And get pain relief, I would think.

wife: IDC/Lobular Stage2B 2008 lumpectomy/TAC+rads
TNBC Stage 3A/w/metaplastic/squamous Nov2015 Carboplatin-Gemzar chemo/masectomy Taxolchemo+rads 4-16
PET scan stable 9-2016/ 1-2017
KellyG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KellyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2017 at 9:38am
Thank you for the information. Everyone that I have talked with does not have pain and there tumor has not turned black. Not sure what is going on.
Thanks again
Jacklin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacklin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2017 at 7:31am
Hi KellyG, my tumour was exceptionally painful, requiring the use of morphine and finally fentanyl, which only dulled the pain a bit. I can't say if you're experiencing the same, but just wanted you to know that someone else also had pain. 
Dx: Nov. 27/15, TNBC, left breast & lymph, BRCA -; Chemo: Dec 4/15 - Mar 4/16; 4 DD A/C, 3 DD Taxol; BMX/ALND: April 26/16; Stage 3C; Radiation: June 10-July 15/16; 1 cycle Xeloda: Aug 15 - 28/16
KellyG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KellyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2017 at 8:02am
Thank you for your reply. I'm sorry for your pain, and glad that I'm not the only one. Did your pain every go away? I'm so ready for the pain to go, I have my 5th chemo treatment next Thursday and not sure if I'll have surgery after that or if I'll have one more.
Thanks again, I felt so along.
KellyG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KellyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2017 at 8:27am
Also, my doctor gave me pain pills, but I couldn't take them and work they made me so sick. The only thing that I'm taking is 800 mg Motrin twice a day to work and to sleep.
gordon15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gordon15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2017 at 3:45pm
Kelly: I did a search to find out about tumor turning black and/or pain. I found this,

(my experience with my wife is that if the oncologist thinks the tumor is staying the same, they want to continue with the entire therapy schedule. If it's growing, then they usually halt it. )

<Breast imaging modalities such as mammography and ultrasound are not considered adequate for quantitative assessment of change in tumor size. However, more recent devices such as magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and positron emission tomography (PET) have been shown to provide a better assessment of tumor response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy and better predict response to therapy.>

Here's the link:  http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/1745505716677139

and it says this:

<Neoadjuvant chemotherapy induces changes in morphology of the tumor. Based on the degree of response, the distribution of residual tumor and the degree of treatment effect, morphologic features are different. These features need to be recognized and be included in the pathology report. The pathology report forms the foundation upon which the follow-up management of a breast cancer patient is planned.>

Kelly: it's very hard to find the clinical analysis of tumor response turning black with pain, I'm sure there is information on this with the right google imput, which I am still learning how to do. I hope your oncologist can answer these questions for you, he/she should be able to say, they want to continue... and reassure you. And relieve any pain, my two cents... G.

Edited by gordon15 - May 09 2017 at 3:57pm
TNBC Stage 3A/w/metaplastic/squamous Nov2015 Carboplatin-Gemzar chemo/masectomy Taxolchemo+rads 4-16
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2017 at 6:56pm
KellyG,

What chemo are you on?  When you say your tumor turned black, what does that mean?  Can you see the tumor with the naked eye?
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

KellyG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KellyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2017 at 9:23am
123 Donna - I'm on Docetaxel, Doxorubicin, and Cytoxan every three weeks. I will have my 5th treatment on May 18. Yes you can see it, it's black on the outside and the middle is white.
Thank you
KellyG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KellyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2017 at 9:24am
Gordon 15 - Thank you for all the information that you have given me. I hope to have some answer's when I go back next week.
Thanks again
gordon15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gordon15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2017 at 3:41pm
It's impossible to tell what impact the chemotherapy is having on TNBC tumor, before any surgery, (that's called neoadjuvant chemotherapy) even in ultrasound, my wife's tumor kinda got dissolved, becoming "cystic" (more liquid)...

If it's turning black, and not growing, if it was my wife, or SO, I would think it's doing damage. The chemo is supposed to do damage. If it's not a complete damage, it's still what the chemo is supposed to do.

my .02, Gordon
Joycebarrows View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joycebarrows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2017 at 4:03pm
I had never heard of triple negative breast cancer I was recently diagnosed with stage 3 . This was after being misdiagnosed in another state and treated with antibiotics. Doing second round if chemotherapy tomorrow this us all quite terrifying.
KellyG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KellyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2017 at 8:18am
Joycebarrows - I was like you, I had never heard of it until I was diagnosed January 10, 2017 with stage 3. I will have my 5th (out of 6) treatment tomorrow. I have been very blessed, I take my meds and have not been sick and have been able to work everyday. The only thing is that I'm in a lot of pain and everyone that I have talked with, they have no pain. Praying for you as you take your 2nd round today.
gordon15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gordon15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2017 at 4:54pm
Sorry if you were miss-diagnosed and you are TNBC if I read your post correctly, my wife also Stage Stage 3 TNBC, many here can help I am sure...
tomigrandma@gmail.co View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomigrandma@gmail.co Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2017 at 9:48pm
Hello, I am triple negative but not BRCA positive I tested positive for the NBN gene I am Stage 1 size was .8 cm left side 3 lymph nodes tested negative I had a double simple mastectomy in November in January started chemo 4 rounds of every other week AC then 12 weekly rounds of Taxol which my last round will be next week no radiation therapy. My oncologist says they will not do any scans just exams and blood tests I will go to the oncologist every 3 months. Is that common to not do scans?
snugltz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snugltz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2017 at 10:10pm
I wondered that too.  I have  NEVER had any kind of scan.  On here, some do, some don't.  No idea what the criteria is.
1 cm, 0/2 neg nodes, lumpectomy 6/16/10, cytoxin/taxotere 4x every three weeks, rad start 11/8 33X
SusaninVA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SusaninVA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2017 at 12:17am
It's my understanding that if there are no symptoms, the only scans are diagnostic mammograms and breast MRIs. (My insurance, however, denied the request for an MRI.)  I remember asking my oncologist if there were any other scans, and I couldn't believe it when he answered No.  He said basically that they wait to see if you have any symptoms which last for two weeks or longer, and then they consider a scan.  I think some oncologists take blood and look for tumor markers, but my oncologist does not do that.  So you do feel like you are left kind of hanging; I enjoy each day and just hope no symptoms will come along.  If your statistics are good, you can take some comfort in that.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 320321322323324 332>
  Share Topic