FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Coffee Shop

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 49>
Author
zoomommy2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoomommy2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2011 at 10:10pm
Kim,
Fresh air is good for you, even if you just hung your head out the window.  I hope you were able to do more than that!  So glad to hear that you are feeling better.  I couldn't drink or eat anything spicy or carbonated due to my sore mouth.  I love Mexican food and sure missed it.  Coffee isn't something I drink, but hot or iced tea tasted ok.  Water was the best.
Lee in Denver
dx6/09,stageII,gr3,(L)mastectomy 7/09,ACx4,Taxolx7,Avastin study,gall bladder surgery 1/10,4/11 Stage 4, mets to lung, 4/11 Started Taxotere and Xeloda, 5/11 Taxotere stopped, off Xeloda
Pink Warrior View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pink Warrior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2011 at 10:22pm
Well, I managed to get out of the house a bit today.  Took a drive over to the infusion center to see if any of the nurses were hanging out today.  No luck.  I wanted to ask them what I could do for this gut of mine.  Tried to call my oncologist, no luck there either.  Called the local hospital to see if they'd page him - "no, but we'd be happy to see you in the ER".  Yeah, I just bet you would!  This isn't what I'd consider an emergency and who, fresh off chemo or even not, wants to sit in a room full of sick people during flu season?  No thanks!

Matt went out earlier today and bought couple of 4 packs of Activia for me and I had him grab a container of Metamucil too.  I remember the Metamucil really helped me when I went through a bout of IBS several years ago.  Chewed a Tums a while ago for the burning in my gut but it didn't phase it.  It doesn't feel like an acid burn - it just burns.  Does that make sense?  lol

Anyway, I had dinner a bit ago and I'm trying to hold that in a while and hopefully absorb some of the nutrition before I "backfire" it out of me.  Blah!
Dx:10/09,IDC Stg 2,Gr 3,TN
BRCA 1&2 -
Partial DD EC/AC
Local recur 11/10
BMX 12/10 Right proph
TC x 4 Rads x 33
9/11 Skin mets, mediastinal & hilar nodes
Abraxane/Avastin
LRM216 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LRM216 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2011 at 10:28pm
Kim,

I believe the burning in the gut is from the shedding of the gastro lining from the chemo.  At least that's what I was told when I was on the taxotere.  It was awful and I truly feel for you.  No one suggested that I try probiotics, but Donna said they helped her.  If I find anything else out, will notify you asap.  Am looking......
Linda - diagnosed at age 62
Diag 2/23/09 IDC 1.2 cent. IDC right breast,Stage 1, Grade 3,0/1 nodes - Triple Neg
4 DD AC every two weeks, 1 Dd Taxol, then 3 Taxotere every three weeks - rads x 33

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pink Warrior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2011 at 6:54pm
Still no relief.  

I'm really upset that I can't get in touch with my onc.  I have his address and I'm starting to think about driving over there and asking for something.  I see him tomorrow when I have my blood work, but I don't know if I can wait that long.  

I'm really tired of the stomach cramps.  I can't have anything in my intestines AT ALL or they fire up and hurt and I have to run to the bathroom.  You know that awful burning sensation that diarrhea gives?  That.  5-6 times a day.

Cry
BRCA 1&2 -
Partial DD EC/AC
Local recur 11/10
BMX 12/10 Right proph
TC x 4 Rads x 33
Abraxane/Avastin
TracyAMac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TracyAMac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2011 at 7:35pm
Kim, I know exactly how you are feeling - constant, painful diarrhea, and everything that you try to eat just comes out the other end.  I was in tears many times until my onc told me what to do - lots of Immodium, Tylenol #3s with Codene (the C helped with both the D and to manage bone pain), lots of Gaterade. He also gave me extra steroids (dex) to phase down from the steroid phases rather than crash into it which is when my D would start.  I also used a soothing cream with an analgesic as the whole D experince reduced me to a terrible mess.

I hope things get better for you soon

Tracy in Toronto
TN&non-TN tumors April/10 Gr3&2;1 metaplastic
Rmast.1/9 nodes w/isolated t.cells
Taxotere&Cytoxan x6
Bone cancer 1980 age17;surgery&chemo AC+Methotrexate
BRCA-ve
On hormone therapy & Metformin Trial
dmwolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2011 at 12:27am
Kim, I'm so sorry.  That sounds miserable.
Hugs, sweetie.
d
DX 2/08@43 stg II IDC; gr2,0 nodes. Neoadj chemo, first ACx2 (fail) then CarboTaxotereX6(better). Lump, Rads done 11/08; Clodronate. False alarm queen: PetCT lung & TM marker. NED. PBM w/recon 9/10.
abcmom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abcmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2011 at 1:06pm
Sorry you are feeling bad Kim.  I sure hope you can get some relief soon.

Keri
Diag 11/06/09 @ 40; Diag w/ TNBC Stage IIA, Grade 3 12/01/09 Node Neg. Dble MX with Recon 12/09 (twice)
Chemo 1/13/10 Chemo done 4/22/10 More recon surg 07/10, PET/CT Scan clear 07/10 NED 07/11
sue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2011 at 1:55pm
Kim,

Hoping the stomach issue will soon be treated and the misery will soon be over.  

I also take probiotics.  Don't know if they help or I am just lucky, but figure they can't hurt.  My doc approves of them also.  

Sue
Dx 7/10, age 53. TNBC left breast, stage I, grade 3, IDC 0.5 cm, DCI 2.5 cm, 0/8 lymph nodes neg. BRCA-. T/C x4 finished 2/09/11, rads x34 finished 4/21/11.          
suec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2011 at 6:07pm
Kim, I'm so sorry you are experiencing this.  Of all side effects, for me this was worst and I ended up in er from dehydration. TRY NOT TO LET THAT HAPPEN.  If the chemo office will bring you in for just hydration, this would help, I think.  I was also given probiotic tablets.  Good luck.  suec
tnbc 3b: partial mas 5/06; 6 rounds FEC; 36 rad; 05/09-mets to bone; xeloda, avastin, zometa; gemzar & avastin; rads to hips; 8 mo on methotrexate+5fu; 5/11 mets to liver/lung; halevan fails;carb&Abrx
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2011 at 6:15pm
Kim,

How are you feeling?

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pink Warrior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2011 at 9:09pm
Today was MUCH better.  I had just one trip to the bathroom and of course I barked my head off at the oncologist's office.  I felt neglected, truth be known, and I let them know it too.

I was told to take the Immodium every time I went to the bathroom, and thankfully, a double dose last night before bed was the last I've had to take.  

Now I'm on Macrodantin for the UTI.  lol  (I must laugh to avoid crying)

I had clammy hands and was really weak earlier today.  I went to bed felling horrible - almost like a flu coming on.  Just felt weak and basically like crap.  I told Matt that my body was worn out from all the bathroom trips.  It truly may have been because of that.  I've drank like a fish all day today.  I was able to tolerate my morning coffee (YAY!!) and downed several bottles of water and glasses of unsweetened tea.  (my fave)  I made home made chicken pot pie for dinner.  It's really cold outside and it was a perfect recipe!

On a lighter note (haha) I weighed in this morning.  I started my diet back at the first of October using the "Lose It" application for iphone and am PROUD to say I've lost 57 pounds!  20 of that was boob, of course, but HEY, loss is loss, right?  

Over all, today was a great day.  =)  I hope everyone else's was too. 

P.S.  CBC this morning was "perfect".  No more shots!

Kim
BRCA 1&2 -
Partial DD EC/AC
Local recur 11/10
BMX 12/10 Right proph
TC x 4 Rads x 33
Abraxane/Avastin
LRM216 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LRM216 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2011 at 9:20pm

Kim:

So glad for you!  So nice to hear the light is beginning to appear at the end of that tunnell (although I hate UTIs - ugh!)

Edited by LRM216 - Jan 10 2011 at 9:21pm
Diag 2/23/09 IDC 1.2 cent. IDC right breast,Stage 1, Grade 3,0/1 nodes - Triple Neg
4 DD AC every two weeks, 1 Dd Taxol, then 3 Taxotere every three weeks - rads x 33

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pink Warrior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2011 at 9:23pm
Oh me too, but, I'd much rather manage a UTI than try and deal with all that cramping and bathroom running.  Pure misery!
BRCA 1&2 -
Partial DD EC/AC
Local recur 11/10
BMX 12/10 Right proph
TC x 4 Rads x 33
Abraxane/Avastin
TracyAMac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TracyAMac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2011 at 10:29pm
Hi Kim

So glad to hear that you had a better day.  My other tip is too keep a small supply of  Immodium near by in several places, just in case  - in your purse, the car, wherever! Embarrassed Now that it is under control you should feel stronger soon

Tracy in Toronto
TN&non-TN tumors April/10 Gr3&2;1 metaplastic
Rmast.1/9 nodes w/isolated t.cells
Taxotere&Cytoxan x6
Bone cancer 1980 age17;surgery&chemo AC+Methotrexate
BRCA-ve
On hormone therapy & Metformin Trial
LRM216 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LRM216 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2011 at 8:20am
I agree, Kim, I'd too take the UTI over the other!  Just so happy it's beginning to turn around for you.  Continuing all good thoughts and vibes for you!
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2011 at 8:36am
Kim,

Glad you're on the road to feeling better. 

Hugs,

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

EileenF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EileenF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2011 at 8:47am
Kim I am very happy to hear you are on the road to recovery and starting to feel better,
7/09:IDC,stg 3,Grade3, pos lymph;chemo ACT;12/09 lumpect n lymp disect;1/10 bilat masect/tis exp; rad cmpltd 4/10; 11/10 stg 4 lungs chest axil mets & parp trial;3/11 IBC diag;
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2011 at 12:08pm
Hi Kim,
I'm really thankful that you are getting better. What you've been experiencing can't be good for anyone.

Now? can I show my ignorance??? What is a UTI?

Thanks in advance for not laughing at me.

God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pink Warrior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2011 at 12:13pm
I'm not laughing, Lillie.  =)  

It's the dreaded "Urinary Tract Infection" 

Hope all my sisters and brothers are having a beautiful day!  It's really cold and windy here in southeastern Missouri, but the sun sure is pretty and bright! 

BRCA 1&2 -
Partial DD EC/AC
Local recur 11/10
BMX 12/10 Right proph
TC x 4 Rads x 33
Abraxane/Avastin
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2011 at 1:39pm
Oh Kim,
Bless your heart. The dreaded Urinary Tract Infection. I've been there and done that many times. I am so sorry you had to endure that after all you/ve already been through. I'm glad you are on the mend.

It's cold here too but the wind is not blowing and the sun is not shining. It's cloudy and been sleeting and freezing rain most of the morning. Brrrrr

UTI, I am so sorry.

Thanks and God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 49>
  Share Topic