FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Signs of people that have passed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
HappyGoLucky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HappyGoLucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2011 at 5:48pm
I reread this and wow, snugltz that was an  extraordinary story as all the others.
2/2009 7cm tumor, sent nod. pos. Lumpectomy 3/19/09,a/c dose dense+avastin clinical trial, taxol avastin stopped with pneumonia. 33 Rads 01/2010 ~ reccur 2011 supraclav.and internal mammary nodes. rad
mindy555 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mindy555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2012 at 6:58pm
I've had several visits from my Mom who passed in 1996 on Christmas Day. She was 67,  developed breast cancer at a young age and was a survivor for a little over 30 years until she became ill again. She died three weeks after being diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia.   Visits have been through a dream, and more often in person.   I reserve speaking of these for only those very close due to the stigma of disbelief and me being delusional.  I was caretaker for my Dad, and shared with him my experience of Mom's visits.  I believe it brought him comfort in his final days.  He'd often ask for me to recant the visits when he was quite ill before his passing.

One visit was in a very vivid dream.  I don't often have dreams.. or should say that I can  remember, not since I was a child.  The entire dream was Mom's face close up.. however more-so the focus was on her eyes.  All the answers were held in what seemed like an ocean of blue through her eyes. This was without a word exchanged between us.  It was an extremely powerful dream... the closest I can come to what I'd imagine to be telepathic communication, complete with immeasurable unspoken knowledge.

Another sign I believe was a visit was right before Thanksgiving- about the time Mom became sick the year prior.  I was home alone on the sofa with flu-like symptoms.. fevered and feeling quite puny.  The kids were spending the night with their father.. all doors were locked and I was awake.  I felt a hand being placed on my forehead, just like the cool touch of Mom's hand- as she had done whenever I was sick and checking for fever.   The touch was real.  So real I got up to look around the house, thinking that my ex or my daughter had checked on me- although I heard no one enter and all doors were locked. After inquiring, my ex said they were home all night and hadn't been there.  At that time nobody but my daughter had a house key and she was right there with her dad.

I've had other visits.. only from my mother.  My father passed in 2002 and my only sibling, my brother in 2005.

The most remarkable visit was when my dad and brother were still alive shortly after Mom passed.  I was laying in bed, fully awake with my usual insomnia...tossing and turning, futilely attempting sleep.  The atmosphere in my bedroom completely changed.  I wasn't breathing earthly air anymore.  The peace I felt was the most beautiful, tranquil feeling I've ever experienced.  It's almost as if Heaven dipped down and I was apart of an unearthly amazing space that was totally foreign yet wonderful beyond my imagination.  I didn't see, but felt arms around me.  It was hard to gauge time, though it was fleeting and couldn't have lasted more than a few minutes.  I was in such awe and felt pure peacefulness and beauty never felt before, like I said... beyond imagination. I had to get up and sit on the sofa for a while.. I was still in such a state after this awesome experience and needed to soak it all in.  It was truly indescribable, incredibly beautiful and euphoric.  I feel strongly Mom visited and brought Heaven down with her.

Many times I'll get a whiff of Mom's favorite perfume out of nowhere and can feel her presence.

The last visit from her was visual.  It was a little after midnight, the light from the hall was on and I was in bed, down in the back and trying desperately to find a comfortable position for sleep.   My mother appeared as I'd seen her so very many times before;  in her right-above-the-knee-length pale blue sleeveless nightgown.. with most of her hair up in a bun, and strands of hair hanging down.  She was slightly transparent though it was clearly without doubt Mom.  She took both hands and was carefully pressing up and down on my mattress at the foot of my side of the bed-  as if she was checking the mattress quality- such as testing it for being too soft or hard.  I told her I loved her and it was okay to go back.  Moments later she faded away in thin air without a word spoken.

Recently it crossed my mind that she may have been overly-concerned and visited because she knew I'd be diagnosed with TNBC due to the BRCA positive gene from her side of the family.  (just a thought I had)   She was never over-protective, yet a positive-minded, caring, strong and supportive mother who taught me there was never a challenge too great.  She instilled in me that I could achieve or overcome anything, once I set my mind to it.  Exactly like the woman she was and I believe still is in Heaven.

Edited by mindy555 - Mar 04 2012 at 8:50pm
Dx July 2011 56 yo
Stage I IDC,TN,Grade 3
Grew to Stage IIa- No ev of node involve- BRCA1+ chondroid metaplasia
Daughter also BRCA1+
Mass grew on Taxol
FEC 6x better
BMX 3/19/12 pCR NED
BSO 6/2012
TNBC_in_NS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TNBC_in_NS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2012 at 8:42pm
Mindy,
Thanks so much for sharing the visits with your mom!

I agree that your mom was making sure you were ok and checking you out.  I do believe that she brought heaven down to you and by you saying it is ok, you can go back, released her back into the Lord's arms... she loves you so much and wants the best for you, is what I take from these visits.... Embrace them Mindy, they are a gift for only you!

Hugs, Helen in NS
Diag@57TNBC04/092.5cm Lquad 05/09 TCx4Radsx30CT03/01/10 FU03/31/10ClearBRCA- 01/2011 RTNBC BMX 06/14/2011~2013 clear
mindy555 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mindy555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2012 at 9:01pm
Oh Helen, I do embrace these wonderful gifts.  Mom and I were so close.. my very best friend.  We managed to get through life's rough times with an abundance of love and laughter.

Hugs right back at ya sweet Helen,
Mindy
Dx July 2011 56 yo
Stage I IDC,TN,Grade 3
Daughter also BRCA1+
Mass grew on Taxol
FEC 6x better
BMX 3/19/12 pCR NED
BSO 6/2012
TNBC_in_NS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TNBC_in_NS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2012 at 9:55pm
Shucks, Mindy :)
You are making me blush..
My mom & I were super close too. She was born for me and I for her....
We too had some rough times, but then the great times too!
I miss her dearly, every moment of the day!
Love ya, Helen in NS
Diag@57TNBC04/092.5cm Lquad 05/09 TCx4Radsx30CT03/01/10 FU03/31/10ClearBRCA- 01/2011 RTNBC BMX 06/14/2011~2013 clear
mindy555 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mindy555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2012 at 10:05pm
I know!  I read your wonderful crystal dream.  What a beautiful sign from your Mom!   I can feel the great love you have for one another.  Love never dies.   "She was born for me and I for her." Oh how I love that.  How incredibly blessed you both were to have each other! 

I so understand missing her every single day.   You know she is right there for you!  Such a comfort, isn't it...

Love you darlin' Helen,
Mindy

Edited by mindy555 - Mar 04 2012 at 10:18pm
Dx July 2011 56 yo
Stage I IDC,TN,Grade 3
Daughter also BRCA1+
Mass grew on Taxol
FEC 6x better
BMX 3/19/12 pCR NED
BSO 6/2012

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HappyGoLucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2012 at 1:54pm
I believe it comes in the dream state. Between conscious and unconscious, sometimes its my dad and sometimes and ex husband ...ew, nad once last week it was my mom and she was normal again...ahhh love those dreams. Mindy you are telepathic?  or you must be a water sign....

Karen
2/2009 7cm tumor, sent nod. pos. Lumpectomy 3/19/09,a/c dose dense+avastin clinical trial, taxol avastin stopped with pneumonia. 33 Rads 01/2010 ~ reccur 2011 supraclav.and internal mammary nodes. rad
mindy555 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mindy555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2012 at 3:19pm
Karen,  I don't know for sure if I'm telepathic.  I do know my Mom and her Mom both were able to see and feel "the unexplained"..  I simply feel very fortunate to be connected through these wonderful signs.

I have water signs as a dominate part of my overall chart... though I'm an air sign.  Not to be confused with an 'air head'.. but I'll let you draw your own opinions on that!  May I blame it on very real chemo brain?   LOL

Hugs,
Mindy
Dx July 2011 56 yo
Stage I IDC,TN,Grade 3
Daughter also BRCA1+
Mass grew on Taxol
FEC 6x better
BMX 3/19/12 pCR NED
BSO 6/2012
bearsilu2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bearsilu2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2012 at 11:00am
I had an experience too...Our mom died in August of 2008, a year and a half after my Dad died whom she had been married to or dating for 58 years. During that time my parents had lived with my fathers' parents for years and years, and then when my grandfather died my OMA lived with us. We inherited 27 rooms of things from Oma and Opa and Mom kept alot of these antiques in our dining room. Fast forward to now. Nancy and I are selling my parents house and are looking into selling some of the antiques that we have because we just can't take it all with us. I layed out all this stuff on the dining room table for the auctioneers and advisers came and next to the dining room table is a china cabinet. All that morning while i was in the kitchen i kept seeing the door of the chine cabinet OPEN by itself. Now this door has a tight clasp on it that holds it shut. I shut the door four times before these people came thinking ok im loosing it here and Mom is watching us try to sell this stuff. Lo and behold it stayed shut while they were there but as soon as they left the door opened again! It has not opened again since. IS that not wierd? Mom was watching us i know it for a fact.
Barbara A. Wild
Identical Twin Sister of TNBC diagnosed 12/2010 stage 2 Grade 3 Lump. 1/2011, Chemo 2/2011, Radiation completed July 2011. 33X

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HappyGoLucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2012 at 4:33pm
Hi bearsilu2

That was quite a story! I can't imagine how I would have reacted to that!!

Its been a long time since I heard someone call their grandparents oma and opa?? Its endearing, are you dutch or german ?
Just askin
Hugs,
Karen

Edited by HappyGoLucky - Mar 10 2012 at 9:18pm
beck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 10:28am
wow these are great to read, when my mom died last year, i was disapointed, because i could not ever feel   she was near, ive always been able to do that sort of thing, when i got first breast cancer in 2007, i prayed i would make it till my grand daughter Delia was 15, but i had and alful fear of the 4 year, of course no one believed me well i day after Delia was fifteen on my fourth year i was told i had tn, anyway back to my mom , i would go to her house and talk to her, then walk out mad , and say you arnt here , you just left us, when she was alive you could always feel my dad around, then one day Delia says to me ,grandma they left, grandpa was waiting for grandma, and remember what grandma told, you , well i didnt , Delia says she told you when im gone dont look for me, im not coming back me and your dad will be fine.....Beck
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic