FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Signs of people that have passed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
pjpp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjpp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Signs of people that have passed
    Posted: Nov 06 2010 at 4:20am
Does anyone have any great stories of people that have passed making themselves known.  I really believe there is a thin layer between us and them.  I think hearing about loved ones that have passed and showed little signs that they are close by is a very healing thing.
Thanks
TNBC_in_NS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TNBC_in_NS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2010 at 9:31am
Pjpp:
We do have a wonderful memorial site here! It is called TNBC Tributes. ... Check it out, it is wonderfully loving and so inspiring...
Helen in NS
Diag@57TNBC04/092.5cm Lquad 05/09 TCx4Radsx30CT03/01/10 FU03/31/10ClearBRCA- 01/2011 RTNBC BMX 06/14/2011~2013 clear
sue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2010 at 9:57am
Hi PJPP,

Shortly after a friend of mine passed from liver cancer at the age of 50 she came to me in a dream. She was seated to my left in front of me as if on thin air.  The background was a soft brownish color. She looked beautiful.  She was surrounded by a soft, glowing light and had the most peaceful, serene look I had ever seen, to this day not to be compared.  She looked at me and said the words "it will be all right, everything is okay, do not worry".  That was the entire dream, start to finish.  Never had such a dream before or after.  It left me completely at peace, and many times I have remembered it when I am feeling the need for that peaceful feeling.   Sue
Dx 7/10, age 53. TNBC left breast, stage I, grade 3, IDC 0.5 cm, DCI 2.5 cm, 0/8 lymph nodes neg. BRCA-. T/C x4 finished 2/09/11, rads x34 finished 4/21/11.          
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2010 at 11:24am
Pjpp,

My father passed away 7 years ago.  Now I can't remember the exact day but it was a day or so after his passing I had this most vivid dream.  I can't even describe it correctly just like a flashing of all these images of his presence.  There were no words spoken just this feeling of him being there with me and that all was at peace.  I never spoke of it to my mother.  Then several weeks after his passing I was with my mother and she told me that right after he passed she woke up and saw him in the doorway of her bedroom.  She called out his name over and over and then he disappeared.  She talked to the priest that was close to my father during hospice.  He said he hears stories like that all the time about loved ones that have passed.  I told her about my dream and it was around the same time she had the "vision" of seeing my dad.

DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

snugltz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snugltz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2010 at 11:48am
I have several strange happenings.  Will start with one.  I am an only child.  My parents were 40 when I was born.  We were extremely close.  My mom had always wanted 9 boys with red hair.  She got me. :) I had a son and he has red hair.  He was a handful as a baby and my mom and dad kept him nearly every weekend for several years.  He was the apple of my moms eye.  She died in 2001 dad in 2004.  In 2008 my son had twins.  A boy and girl.  They were born at 30 weeks.  Very small and delicate.  They were in a childrens hospital for a month.  The day they were finally able to go home I was waiting outside for them to bring the babies out of the hospital.  The hospital is very large, and the entrance has a covered walkway from the door to the parking lot.  It is about 15 or more feet wide and longer thn that.  I was sitting on this pillar under the walkway and looked down and under my feet was a penny.  There had recently been several articles in the paper and on the web of people thinking that a found penny meant someone was saying hi from heaven.  Now I personally dont believe that, but I guess it could be.  But it did bring my parents to mind.  I thought how they would have loved to see their precious grandson and his new babies.  I wondered if they could.  I looked up and just outside the the walkway sitting on a fence were two snow white doves.  They just sat there.  When my son, his wife and the babies walked out the door the two doves flew UNDER the walkway, across it and out the other side just in front of my son.  I always think that it was my mom and dad. Perhaps not, but who knows.
1 cm, 0/2 neg nodes, lumpectomy 6/16/10, cytoxin/taxotere 4x every three weeks, rad start 11/8 33X
snugltz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snugltz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2010 at 12:03pm
Another very strange happening was with my dad.   He and my mom both had Parkinsons disease, Apparently they have now pretty much linked it to pesticides (in many cases).  We live in a highly agricultural area.  My parents were even studied at UCLA med center.  So if you live anywhere that used pesticides the docs at UCLA said ALWAYS use a water filter or bottled water or something like that. My parents had to move to a nursing home in their later years.  They both had dementia from the Parkinsons and the meds for it can cause hallucinations.  Both to the end knew me and my family and had moments and even days of clarity, but did have a fairly bad case of dementia and saw things that werent there.  My mom passed away leaving just my dad. He had 4 brothers and 5 sisters.  I visited every day.  One day he told me his sister had come to visit.  Well she lived half way across the US so I told him no she hadnt.  Several weeks later he told me of a visit from another sister who also lived many states away.  I again told him no (I realize I should have just gone along with it).  He insisted they had.  Now he has one sister living in the same town we do.  I happened to see her one day and she told me that two of her sisters had recently died but she had not told my dad because she did not want to upset him.  And no one else in the rest home could have told him because they really didnt know them.  And it was the two sisters he said had come to visit.  He never mentioned any others coming to visit.  And he said he saw my mom.  She was there.  I told him no she had died remember (again should have gone along with it).  He said no she was there.  I said how did she get into the room.  He said she could somehow go through the walls.  I said no way.  He looked at me a long time and said "there are many things you dont know and understand.  Someday you will.  But I know your mom was here"  As I said, he was clear in many ways, and I could always know when he was.  He talked a bit differently and the look in his eyes was different.  When he made that statement he was clear as a bell. 
1 cm, 0/2 neg nodes, lumpectomy 6/16/10, cytoxin/taxotere 4x every three weeks, rad start 11/8 33X

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TNBC_in_NS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2010 at 1:00pm
Pjpp:
I misunderstood you! Sorry! I thought you were speaking of memorials but now know what you mean...
I too had a wonderful vision in a dream to let me know my mom was doing fine in heaven.  Mom & I were very close.  I was her caregiver for most of my life and we loved deep and argued deeper, but most of all we LOVED each other with a feeling that I was born for her and her for me...

Mom always liked the song "The Crystal Chandelier" and it was through this sign she showed me.

We made a pact to each other that no matter who went first, they would come back to let us know there really is a heaven.  My belief is yes, there is a heaven and I a know now she held my belief too.

About three days after mom passed, I had a dream.  I was going to visit her at the home she lived in life, but when I got there the sun was shinning brightly and the house was made of crystals and the foundation was clouds.  There she was standing in the crystal doorway saying "come on in for a cup of tea", "but you can't stay long, it is not your time."  She was young, smiling, and happy living in her home of crystal chandeliers...I never worried about her being anywhere else but heaven after that! Thanks mom. xoxo
Diag@57TNBC04/092.5cm Lquad 05/09 TCx4Radsx30CT03/01/10 FU03/31/10ClearBRCA- 01/2011 RTNBC BMX 06/14/2011~2013 clear
pjpp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjpp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2010 at 3:42pm
I love those.  Thank you.
tombo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tombo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2011 at 6:34pm

Penny from Heaven

Elizabeth had gone downhill last weekend (July 9-10), and we were not expecting her to bounce back. However, on Tuesday, July 12th, she came back and was very alert and much stronger. She was able to eat all three meals, feeding herself, and even devouring her favorite pizza. She was able to carry on conversation, which she had not been able to do for a few days. Her conversations had been random ramblings, incoherent, and she often dozed off during them.

Wednesday, she was again very alert and strong. Tom went to visit and found her able to converse normally, without dozing or forgetting what she wanted to say. He had a strange but, it turns out, meaningful conversation with her.

She asked him, "Hey, Tom, do you know London?" Tom was a bit confused about the question since we know a little girl named London that she does not know. So he said, "No, mom."

She said, "You know, London England, how they talk like this, how the accent is." (which she said in a pretty good impersonation of an Englander). So, Tom said of course he knew England, but still didn't know what she was talking about.

Then she told him the story of two English women who came to see her the previous night. Describing how one kind of scared her at first, but then she was comfortable with them, and that they went on and on talking to her, assuring her that everything was going to be okay. She also described how they looked, with an emphasis on what they wore on their heads, using her hands to try to explain. She told Tom that she just didn't understand why he didn't know who she was talking about.

After checking with a nurse, we know that there were no women from England, all dressed up, at the hospice house in Missouri last week, if ever.

On Thursday, when Tom went to visit her he didn't park in his usual spot (yes, if you know Tom, my husband is VERY routine and always parked in the SAME spot). As he walked in, he saw a penny on the lot and picked it up. Looking at it, it appeared a bit different so he thought he'd keep it and get a better look later. When he got to her room, the doctor and nurse told him that he better call in the family as her time was getting near. The entire family gathered and the penny was forgotten.

She passed on Friday morning, July 15th, at 5:45 a.m. Friday, on our way up to see her one last time and make funeral arrangements, Tom handed me the penny and asked if I thought maybe it was a Canadian penny. I took a good look, and said that it didn't look Canadian, but it didn't look like one from the USA either. On the back of the penny, it said "NEW PENNY" and the picture on the front appeared to be a woman, not a man as the US pennies have. I could only make out the year, 1971 on the front.

I looked up '1971 New Penny' on his iphone. What I found is the truly interesting part. It is a penny from England, first minted in 1971 in London with the head of Queen Elizabeth II on the front. It also has Elizabeth's name on the front of the penny.

Coincidence? We don't think so. Elizabeth never spoke of England, she always spoke of traveling one day to the Holy Land, or Rome, Italy. We all find pennies everyday. How often do we find a penny from England, first mint, in a Hospice parking lot thousands of miles from England on the day a son goes in to see his mother dying, whose name happens to be the same name as the minted photo of the Queen on the penny found as he walks in, after a strange conversation the day before with his mother, Elizabeth?

thepeddlerswife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepeddlerswife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2011 at 11:58pm
It's been at least 10 years but I took care of my mother-in-law during her last six months of her battle with breast cancer. We were very close. I moved in to her house and we had a battery operated, remote control door bell so she could just press a button and I would know she needed me. After she passed and all of her children were at her home deciding what to do with her clothes and things her daughter pulled out a leather jacket that she had never worn. Still had the tags on it but she meant to wear it and was so proud of herself when she bought it. I had mentioned letting her wear it now. They all said no, she would want someone to have it. Her oldest son said i should have it and at that very moment the remote doorbell rang! I still have that jacket!
The next thing she did was show up at my daughters wedding with all of her kids there. I had suggested a song to my daughter that I wanted to dedicate to her "I Hope You Dance" and she told me that she was already using that as her father/daughter dance. Her father and I are divorced. So, I bit my tongue and said nothing. My only request of the DJ was that he not play What A Wonderful World. That was my MIL's favorite son and was played at her services. He assured me that it would not happen. It came time for the father/daughter dance and the DJ could not get her chosen song to play after several tries. He finally came on the mic and said he couldn't get that song to play but he had another song that was perfect. He played What A Wonderful World! My husbands sister said "that's Mom, she's here!
thepeddlerswife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepeddlerswife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2011 at 12:00am
I should have added that I now have a 31 year old daughter with TNBC. Just diagnosed one month ago. So I am starting another journey with breast cancer and I am waiting for my MIL to show up and give me something positive! Love you Geri!
cheeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2011 at 2:03am
This did not happen to me but to my MIL in 1978. Her father had passed two years prior. Two weeks prior to our wedding she found a lump in her breast and was going to put off going to the doctor to have it checked. Her father came to her in a dream and told her to not delay. She went into Nashville and ended up have a bi-lateral mastectomy and couldn't make it to our wedding...thank goodness she did as she is still alive today at age 83. 

Blair

I believe.
Lump found 11/08
DX: 2/09 @52 TNBC
L. Mast. 3/26/09, SN-, BRCA-,
4.5 cm (post surgical)T2NOMO
Chemo: 4/09-10/09 Taxol x 12,
A/C x 4, No rad.No recon. NED 1/17. New Primary right breast TN, 2/2018.
mom2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mom2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2011 at 11:14am
What a great topic and I love reading these!

My mom was diagnosed with Stage 4 TNBC in December 2010.  She passed away on June 26th.  She was a wonderful woman who remembered everyone's birthday with a card and a $1.  For many people, it was the only card that they received.

2 Weeks after she passed away, I was staying with my dad and put some thank you cards in the mail box.  About 2 hours later, I heard the mail man go by and I went out to the mail box to check it.  Right there, on the ground not even 1 foot away from the mail box was $1.  I looked around to see if anyone was playing a joke on me.  But I know that it was my mom's way of letting me know that she was ok and was exactly where she had worked her whole life to be.

When my mom was alive and battling this beast, I came to this website to get information about TNBC.  I came back today to find comfort in the spiritual group.  I am completely amazed by the strength of you all.  I pray every day that a cure will be coming so that no one will have to lose a loved one again to breast cancer. 

Take care!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TNBC_in_NS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2011 at 3:20pm
Mom2two:

Thanks so much for sharing your Mom's story with us.  I am so sorry you lost her, but as you know she is right there in the middle of your heart and will always let you know she is doing fine......

I lost mine in 2007, and still get messages when I need them... Life & Death can be wonderful if we but see the process of our journey's the way we are meant to see them..... So many do not have a belief and I can't imagine not having heaven to go to......

Come back any time to chat or just read and once again I loved hearing about the $1.... 
We are here for each other always! Hugs and blessings, Helen in NS
Craig76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craig76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2011 at 6:53pm

Hi everyone~

I have a story about my Melissa.  First off I should say I have never been religious...spiritual yes.  I believe in a spirit world..afterlife so to speak...but I did have some doubts about my belief in that....not anymore.

Melissa's daughter had a dream about her mom a couple of days after she passed.  In her dream she saw her...and she was holding hands with a four to six year old boy.  Her daughter tried to give her mom a hug...but couldn't...she then asked her mom who the child was...Melissa responded by saying it was her son.  Melissa then told her daughter that she had to go.  She started to walk away with the child and her daughter asked her why do you have to leave me?  Melissa turned and told her Desiree I have never left you...I will always be with you.  With that she turned and walked into a graveyard with an arched gate.

Her daughter awoke at that point and told me about the dream.  She asked if I had known her mom to be pregnant and I said no.  I asked her the same question and she said no.  So we thought it to be a dream where she was trying to contact us...but we did not know the role of the child.  Last weekend I was texting one of Melissa's family members and we were talking about Melissa's past.  Swapping stories and such.  I was impressed with how much this person knew about some of Melissa's deepest secrets..we were both really private individuals and I told her so...she said yeah she used to tell me everything...she even told me about her aborted child.  I almost went into shock...I said she had an aborted child?  She said yeah...from a previous relationship with that *$&hole.  This guy she was talking about was very bad news...domestic violence all the time...he almost killed Melissa once but that is another story.  She became pregnant by him on accident...but aborted it because she wanted no ties to him at all..she was trying to get away from him.  She never told me or her daughter...and I am not questioning her reasons.

There is not much that Melissa could have done to contact me or her daughter that wouldn't have left some doubt in our minds....this was one of the few things she could have done that did not leave any doubt.  Her cousin...who I was talking to..told her about the aborted child and she did not believe her it at first...she went to her grandma and asked her if she knew anything about an abortion..and she confirmed it. Melissa did have one and it was the hardest thing she ever had to do. 

Her daughter met a brother she never knew she had in a dream...and the way we found out and were able to put two and two together..that is amazing in itself.  Melissa told me everything...even things she would never tell her daughter...but that was the one thing that she never mentioned...it is so funny how things happen for a reason.  If she would have mentioned this abortion to us before..we may have looked at the dream in a different light...but there would have been some doubt as to whether or not it was Melissa or just a dream we invented...her daughter could not have invented this.  I had never talked to her cousin before this past weekend and she opened up to me really quick...and for her to mention that one piece of information to me...well the chances are slim. 

Melissa knew I would overthink and question any sign she would throw me from her afterlife. That is just how I am about things like that and she knew it...sometimes my overthinking drove her nuts. :) How can I question this one?  Her daughter and I are in shock...but we are so happy she is not a part of that body that was cremated.  I told her daughter the day she died that it did not seem like she was there anymore...her body was there and still alive but I did not feel her anymore.  I am thinking I was right to say that.  We are so happy that Melissa does in fact have her wings...and lives on...always watching us.  This has helped us so much...I just wanted to pass on this story to you guys in the hopes that it lifts your spirits as well. 
overwhelmed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote overwhelmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2011 at 7:37pm
My story actually comes from my SIL. Her great aunt Martha was nearly 90 and dying. She and her mom were sitting with Martha, who hadn't been coherent for awhile. She began to talk of the light and how it was so bright. My SIL's mother thought it was the light int the room and asked her if she wanted them to turn it off. She no. It's so beautiful, but the path is rocky. She grabbed her hand and asked "Are you the Lord?". They left  that night and spoke of what they had seen. My SIL's mother went back to sit with Martha knowing she didn't have much time. Shortly after she got to the room, her aunt took her hand and said "it's okay, Martha's not her anymore". She died a few hours later. At the funeral service the pastor spoke of the rocky path to Heaven. My SIL's mother, whom I loved dearly, died of cancer a few years ago. I know she is with Martha.

Although I wasn't there, this has impacted me so much. Still, ten years later it brings tears to my eyes.
DX ILC TNBC 3/10 at 50, Stage IIb; Grade 3; 5.1 to 7 cm,SNB neg;TC-6 rnds, 30 rads, Avastin-18 rnds, BRAC 1&2-
overwhelmed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote overwhelmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2011 at 7:59pm
My other story is of my step-brother who battled colon cancer forover three years. Much of the tiime he was in serious pain. He had lived a wild carefree life. I saw him a few weeks before he diedafter not seeing him for several months. He was 43, but looked like an  old man. He had always beenvery large ,but had wasted away to nothing. Hee talked of how he had struggled with his faith over the years, but knew he had to "get right with God". The hospital chaplin had visited him a few months before he died and he started going to the chaplin's church when he felt well enough. He went to church a few days before entering a hospice facility. He lived justa couple of days. They were  finally able to free him of the pain, and he could sleep. Hee never woke up.

At my brother's funeral the pastor he had met in the hospital told us of how he had gotten to know my brother. He said he love his country, and he loved John Wayne. Even though all of the music had been selected by the family, the pastorsaid we needed to sing "Home on the Range". It was spur of the moment, but we all went along with it. Afterward my high school aged nieces said he had sung that song to them all of the time when they were little.

DX ILC TNBC 3/10 at 50, Stage IIb; Grade 3; 5.1 to 7 cm,SNB neg;TC-6 rnds, 30 rads, Avastin-18 rnds, BRAC 1&2-

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TNBC_in_NS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2011 at 8:08pm
How awesome to hear about Melissa, Aunt Martha and your brother Overwhelmed!

I do believe in the after life and I feel in my heart that our loved ones are always watching out for us and guiding our lives.... they have the wisdom now and they can guide us where we are meant to be.  Keep these memories in the forefront of your mind and every time you think about loss remember they are just a thought away....
Hugs and blessings to the three of you! Helen in NS
HappyGoLucky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HappyGoLucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2011 at 10:37pm
What great stories to pass on. I have dreams of things in my past that come back because of tenh love I had for them they had made very deep imprints on my psyche, some pleasant some not. I accept a theory of transferral of energy from body into a new energy matter. Don't know, but found Craig's story really touching. As all the others. Bless you.
Karen
2/2009 7cm tumor, sent nod. pos. Lumpectomy 3/19/09,a/c dose dense+avastin clinical trial, taxol avastin stopped with pneumonia. 33 Rads 01/2010 ~ reccur 2011 supraclav.and internal mammary nodes. rad
Craig76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craig76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2011 at 3:36pm
I really enjoyed reading all the posts on this thread.  Thank you so much pjpp for starting this.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic