FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Team Donna

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 808182
Author
Adnerb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adnerb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2013 at 10:41pm
Donna,
Are you technically stage 3 or 4?
Thanks.
Brenda
'05 Stg1 TNBC Lump, SNB, A/C, 33 rads
'09 Stg2 ER-, PR+, Her2-, Bil.Mast., T/C, Arimidex.
'13 Stg4 Lung mets, ER+, PR-, Her2-, Carbo/Gemzar, Letrozole.
'14 Abraxane in July
'15 Abraxane in March
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2013 at 11:47pm
Brenda,

The recurrence to the internal mammary node (regional node) I was told was Stage 3.

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2013 at 1:01pm
Dear Barb,

So glad to hear that your back and hip pain are not related to cancer. 

God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2017 at 11:57am
Hello friends!  I wanted to post an update and hopefully this will be the last one!  8 years ago on June 30th, I had my bilateral mastectomy for my first diagnosis.  6 years ago I was finishing treatment for my recurrence.  Last year my oncologist broke up with me, but I will still be followed by the nurse practitioner yearly for a while since I'm not seeing any other doctors (radiologist, breast surgeons, etc).  I'm thankful for the wonderful medical team I had throughout the process, especially my first onc who I will forever be thankful.  I still deal with the residual problems from surgery, radiation and treatment, but realize it's the new normal.  I try to find the beauty in each day (best advice from our friend Steve!) and stay active on this forum/message board.  This place is home and was a lifeline for me when I was going through treatment and afterwards.  I've met so many amazing people, some no longer with us which still breaks my heart.  Some of you have become lifelong friends to me and we stay in touch on FB.  It will be a bond that can never be broken.  A big hug and thank you to all of you that helped me out along the way.  I will never forget your kindness.  Love to all.

Donna

DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

SagePatientAdvocates View Drop Down
Senior Advisor
Senior Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SagePatientAdvocates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2017 at 1:05pm
and we have, are and will always cherish you and what you have done for our marvelous TNBC forum.

From the bottom of my heart I wish you the very best, always...

and thank you for being such a wonderful resource for all of us..

hugs,

Steve
I am a BRCA1+ grandson, son and father of women affected by breast/oc-my daughter inherited mutation from me, and at 36, was dx 2004 TNBC I am a volunteer patient advocate with SAGE Patient Advocates
Annie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2017 at 1:26pm

Donna,    Donna, You are a sweetheart and we are all so thankful to you for your devotion in getting the information out to all here on this forum! You are a great blessing and yes we are a family for sure and one I am truly thankful for.

As the years go by I can truly say that all here understand, when ones near and dear to us so often do not. This has been a huge comfort and source of security many times over and over for me.

I know the new normal is not so normal but I too have become accustomed to it.

God Bless You now and always.

Love, Annie
Annie TNBC Stage IIA Gr 3 1cm lesion 2/5 lymph nodes+ lumpectomy,FEC & D 30Rads finished(08/2009) BRCA- Chronic Cellulitis due to Radiation-- L.Mastectomy Jan 2012
TriplePositiveGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TriplePositiveGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2017 at 1:38pm
Hey Donna! I haven't posted here in quite a while but your post popped up in my email! I wish you continued good health and happiness. I know you have helped so many people here over the years. Your kindness and thoughtfulness is so appreciated.

Edited by TriplePositiveGirl - Jul 02 2017 at 1:39pm
Diagnosed Jan 2010; Stage IIa, grade 2, 3.2cm in rt. breast, no nodes and BRCA-. 4 cycles Carbo/Gemzar 3/10; Lump 6/10; 2 cycles carbo/gem after surgery 8/10; 35 Rads finished 12/1/10. NED.
mainsailset View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mainsailset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2017 at 7:53pm
You've been such a great support person for all of us and I am simply delighted, still and again, that your onc broke up with you yet you'll continue to be looked after but have the wonderful freedoms of life!
dx 7/08 TN 14x6.5x5.5 cm tumor

3 Lymph nodes involved, Taxol/Sunitab+AC, 5/09 dbl masectomy, path 2mm tumor removed, lymphs all clear, RAD 32 finished 9/11/09. 9/28 CT clear 10/18/10 CT clear
rigatonismom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rigatonismom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2017 at 9:24am
Hi Donna,
I was a year later than you were but your journey and how you shared it on this forum was such a gift to me.  Because of you, I talked to my onc about a PARP inhibitor and was put on a trial after the path showed I still had cancer cells after chemo.  I'm not sure the PARP did anything for me but I think the additional round of the carboplatin probably did the trick.  I have now been NED for six years.  My Rad Onc told me when I saw him last "you know we didn't give you much chance when you came in, don't you". I had never heard the words but I did know.  Thank you for all of your support through the years.
Nita
DX 09/10 TNBC Stage3c, grade3, Tumor 2.7cm, chemo started 9/29/10, AC x4, Taxol x12, lumpectomy 4/11/11-tumor .6cm, 3+/22 nodes, radiation x 30 finished 6/30/11.Clinical Trial Cisplatin,PARP 8/23/11
kirby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2017 at 8:30pm
Good to see your post Donna....and all the others whose names I recognize. I rarely come on anymore but have always counted on reading Donna's updates on tx. It's been so long for me now that I rarely feel the need to keep updated! [ yes, mixed on whether that is good or bad!] 

This forum has been a great lifeline for so many of us. I am truly grateful. 
kirby

dx Feb. 2001. Age 44
Lumpectomy

2cm. no nodes stage 1 grade 3

4 rnds AC, 35 rads
Jacklin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacklin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2017 at 8:12pm
Donna, I wish you all the best as you continue with the new normal. May your life be filled with love, laughter and health. It is great to see you 'graduate' from this forum, I cannot thank you enough for all your support, sharing your knowledge and always keeping your eyes open for new TNBC news. You will be missed, but I am so happy for you. Enjoy every moment of every day. Many blessings, Jacklin
Dx: Nov. 27/15, TNBC, left breast & lymph, BRCA -; Chemo: Dec 4/15 - Mar 4/16; 4 DD A/C, 3 DD Taxol; BMX/ALND: April 26/16; Stage 3C; Radiation: June 10-July 15/16; 1 cycle Xeloda: Aug 15 - 28/16
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 808182
  Share Topic