FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Team Donna

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 79808182>
Author
TriplePositiveGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TriplePositiveGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 12:27pm
Hey Donna,

That is great news! We can all relate to the "mysterious pain syndrome" and the worries it brings. Let's call this clean scan an early Christmas present!

Happy Holidays to you and your family...
Lisa
Diagnosed Jan 2010; Stage IIa, grade 2, 3.2cm in rt. breast, no nodes and BRCA-. 4 cycles Carbo/Gemzar 3/10; Lump 6/10; 2 cycles carbo/gem after surgery 8/10; 35 Rads finished 12/1/10. NED.
Annie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 3:44pm

Good Going Donna,     Thanks for the update. If it is any consolation when I had my hysterectomy years ago I had plenty of really bad hip pain in one particular hip for quite awhile it seemed. Love, Annie
Annie TNBC Stage IIA Gr 3 1cm lesion 2/5 lymph nodes+ lumpectomy,FEC & D 30Rads finished(08/2009) BRCA- Chronic Cellulitis due to Radiation-- L.Mastectomy Jan 2012
kiwikid View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwikid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 4:26pm
very pleased the scan was clear the best news you can ever get....I hope the hip pain improves soon xxxx 
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 5:05pm
Dear Donna,
So happy to hear your good news.  I'm sorry your hip is bothering you.  I tell you, hip pain can come from several different sources.  Mine is from scoliosis in my back that causes pain in my right hip.  Arthritis, injury, sciatic nerve, etc. also can cause hip pain.

Anyhow, so glad it was now the "C" again. 

Love and God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED
MsBliss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsBliss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 6:44pm
Dear Donna,
Thank you for sharing your update....that is truly wonderful news, despite the hip pain! 

Since you know what the hip pain is not, it might help to take note of any patterns that emerge when it occurs.  I had a hip pain once and couldn't figure it out until I realized it was from sleeping in an awkward position to accommodate a very pushy, but oh so cozy, kitty.  Or, if you are sitting for long periods in a chair that is not so great for your build, it can throw your back out and create pain in the hips.  Also, if you haven't in a while, check your D3 levels to make sure that they have not gotten too high.  Too low or too high levels can cause aches.

Green tea:  too much can be ache inducing--at least in my experience.  I was taking too much of the supplement and it even elevated my liver enzymes.

All my best,
Bliss
Dx 3/09 stg1 BRCA neg, 1.4cm IDC + 7mm DCIS, ki67 70 -90%, lump w/re-ex for margin, no chemo/no rads due to delays from secondary health issues; SonoCine every 6 months plus CAM interventions
BamaRachel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BamaRachel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 9:03pm
So glad to hear your good news.  Sorry about the hip pain, though.  

DX 7/5/11, TN Invas; Lump w/clear marg., 7/21/11; Stage 2A. Grade 3, 2.6 c; 0/6 nodes; TX 8/22/11 4DD E/C; 4Taxotere; Chemo ended 1/3/12; 33 Radiation Treatments, ended 3/15/12.
denise07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote denise07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 11:36pm
Donna,
So glad to hear the newsClap sorry about the hip pain though hope it gets resolved soon. What a great Christmas present the wonderful gift of bieng C-free!!!Thank you for sharing with us.
Hugs to You...
Denise 
DX Idc 10/07,st2,gr3,2/6 lymphnodes
LRM216 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LRM216 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2013 at 8:53pm
Oh, Donna - what wonderful news to hear the scan showed NED!  I am rejoicing for you and with you.

Want to wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving - it's a little early, but I am going in for surgery on my left knee on Monday - I tore the miniscus in my knee while standing on my bed cleaning my stupid ceiling fan.  Tore the miniscus in my right leg exactly the same time last year!  I thank the Lord I only have two legs!

Hugs to all and an extra special one to you, Donna!
Linda - diagnosed at age 62
Diag 2/23/09 IDC 1.2 cent. IDC right breast,Stage 1, Grade 3,0/1 nodes - Triple Neg
4 DD AC every two weeks, 1 Dd Taxol, then 3 Taxotere every three weeks - rads x 33
cheeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2013 at 12:37am
Donna,

So glad your scan was clear

Blair
Lump found 11/08
DX: 2/09 @52 TNBC
L. Mast. 3/26/09, SN-, BRCA-,
4.5 cm (post surgical)T2NOMO
Chemo: 4/09-10/09 Taxol x 12,
A/C x 4, No rad.No recon. NED 1/17. New Primary right breast TN, 2/2018.
debB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2013 at 11:40am
Donna,

I was a little nervous when I saw this thread pop up, but thank goodness for great news! What great peace of mind to know that the scan is totally clear! So happy for you!

Linda, best of luck with your knee surgery!

Deb
Dx 4/29/11, 46 yrs old, 3.9 cm tumor, Stg 2 Grade 3 chemo 4 rounds DD AC, 12 weekly taxol, finish. Lumpectomy, 2mm residual tumor. 37 rounds rads completed. Cisplatin/PARP trial
mindy555 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mindy555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2013 at 4:22pm
Oh, thank goodness the hip pain wasn't connected to yours & our biggest fear!!  Great news my friend!

Do you have arthritis?   Did you do anything strenuous prior to the pain?  Have you taken a fall?  I hope whatever is creating the pain can be found and treated in a timely fashion.

Not to be negative and put things in your head that are probably not even remotely related... a friend of mine just recently had a hip replacement.  She's about 10 years older than me.. quite a bit older than you.  Let's just hope it's something easily remedied.  The main aspect is relief to hear it's not a recurrence.

We all love you and are rallying that you enjoy NED FOREVER!

xxx Mindy
Dx July 2011 56 yo
Stage I IDC,TN,Grade 3
Grew to Stage IIa- No ev of node involve- BRCA1+ chondroid metaplasia
Daughter also BRCA1+
Mass grew on Taxol
FEC 6x better
BMX 3/19/12 pCR NED
BSO 6/2012
mindy555 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mindy555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2013 at 4:25pm
Dear Linda,

Wishing you the very best with your surgery! I'm sorry the timing is such that it may interfere with Thanksgiving.  I'll be saying a prayer and thinking of you.

Much love,
Mindy
Dx July 2011 56 yo
Stage I IDC,TN,Grade 3
Grew to Stage IIa- No ev of node involve- BRCA1+ chondroid metaplasia
Daughter also BRCA1+
Mass grew on Taxol
FEC 6x better
BMX 3/19/12 pCR NED
BSO 6/2012
sabinecalifornia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sabinecalifornia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 3:42pm
I am so very happy for you.

Have a happy Thanksgiving

Sabine
DX TNBC 7/11 @ age 50, Stage 2A Grade 3, 1/19, LE/AD 8/11, BRCA1/2 neg.,
4 A/C, 10 Taxol, 2 Abraxane due to allerg. react. to Taxol, fin 3/12. 33 Rads 6/12. NED CT 8/12, 10/13, 10/14
weekender09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weekender09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 9:50pm
Donna:
SO HAPPY FOR YOU! 

You always post something right when I need it.  I am at week 4 of the low back and left hip pain.  I have had 2 back surgeries so am accustomed to the various facets of back pain.  What I am experiencing is nothing like I've ever endured before.  Deep in the bone pain.  I had my 6 week post RAD appointment last week and they decided we should do an MRI.  I was staying away from the "C" word worries pretty well.  Then the MRI test and I think I am suffering a PTSD from it - the locker, the laying flat for an hour test, the smells, then the tech comes in to give me an IV for contrast because of the previous cancer.  Now all I can think about is "could it be back already?"

Due to the holiday I don't have my follow up until December 4th.  Trying not to obsess which would be easier if the pain wasn't so excruciating.  I suppose I could stay in bed drugged. LOL

Again thanks for the post. It helped me feel better. 

Barb
02/12/13 DX TNBC, Grade III, Stage 3, 3.3cm tumor, IMN and 1 lymph Positive, Chemo A/C T complete 6/13
BRCA1-/BRCA2+ Variance, BIL 7/13, 33 RADS complete 10/13 Remssion :)
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 8:33am
Barb,

So sorry you are dealing with the pain.  I can relate to the PTSD triggers of going to the treatment place, machines, smells, it just brings back those unwanted memories.  I just try to close my eyes and put my mind in a happy place, like sitting on a sun soaked beach hearing the waves.  Can you call your doctor to get the results earlier?  I know when I had my scan they asked me if I wanted the results over the phone or come in the following week for an appointment with the onc to give me the results.  I told the nurse I'd rather just have it over the phone.  The waiting is the worst part!  Hope you hear nothing but good news, NED, and that your pain subsides!

Hugs,
Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 9:27am
Dear Barb,
Praying that your pain has nothing to do with cancer.  There are so many things that can cause intense pain in the back, hips and legs. 

DRAT.... The PTSD that so many have to go through after treatment for cancer.

Again, praying for NED

Love and God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED
Adnerb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adnerb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 7:32pm
Donna,
I am happy to hear that you have NED!!!
What a Happy Thanksgiving Day you must be having!
Hugs,
Brenda

Adnerb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adnerb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 7:44pm
Donna,
Hopefully you won't have to, but if you ever needed infused chemo again, would you get another port?
Thanks.
'05 Stg1 TNBC Lump, SNB, A/C, 33 rads
'09 Stg2 ER-, PR+, Her2-, Bil.Mast., T/C, Arimidex.
'13 Stg4 Lung mets, ER+, PR-, Her2-, Carbo/Gemzar, Letrozole.
'14 Abraxane in July
'15 Abraxane in March
weekender09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weekender09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 8:42pm
Happy Thanksgiving to me!!  The MRI showed NED.  Whew.  Now to find out what the back pain etc. is from.  

Barb
02/12/13 DX TNBC, Grade III, Stage 3, 3.3cm tumor, IMN and 1 lymph Positive, Chemo A/C T complete 6/13
BRCA1-/BRCA2+ Variance, BIL 7/13, 33 RADS complete 10/13 Remssion :)
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2013 at 11:12am
Barb,

So happy to hear the MRI was negative and hope you can find some relief to the back pain soon.

Adnerb,

In answer to your question if I'd get another port, yes.  My first time I did not have a port and the chemo really did a number on my veins in my hand.  To this day, I kind of freak out when they go for one of those veins.  Not being able to use the other arm for blood draws makes needle sticks tough.  With the recurrence I had a port and kept it until last year.  I had a love/hate relationship with the port - it made chemo and blood draws so easy, but I always felt it and couldn't sleep on my left side because of it.  If need be in the future, I'd get another one.

DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 79808182>
  Share Topic