FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manuka Honey for sores, infections

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Catherina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catherina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Manuka Honey for sores, infections
    Posted: Oct 10 2010 at 10:34am
I had a bad infection that wouldn't clear up, plus I have sores all over from chemo and blood tests.  The Manuka honey is great, sooths and heals.     I read that a hospital in Birmingham, England is using it on their cancer patients to keep them from contacting MRSA.

I bought two tubes of it from Amazon.  Someone remarked that buying it in a tube keeps it sterile.
Alison41 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alison41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2010 at 4:46pm
After my mastectomy that was done at the Royal Marsden in London my wound would not heal so I was given Manuka Honey dressings as that did the job, unfortunately my husband to a liking to the honey and now I but it for him at £10.00 per jar.
diagnosed Sep08,TNBC IDC 5cm tumour, 1+ node, Mastectomy and Axilla dissection May09, 4 of Fec and 4 of Taxotare. 15 Rounds of Radiotherapy. 2.5 years from diagnosis. Reconstruction November2010.
Catherina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catherina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2010 at 5:25pm
It takes away the pain too.   I've had this open wound for weeks now and it just kept oozing.  The doctor had me filling it with soap two-three times a day and rinsing it with the shower head.  Even using Dove soap, it hurt plus it wasn't getting any better.  Now, no more pus and most of the pain is gone.  I hope it can be closed up soon.
BenNHanges View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BenNHanges Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 12:00am
Yes Manuka honey is great in healing wounds faster which the medicines normally take very long time to heal.It has antibiotic properties also.
  Share Topic